Natural Sugar-Free Hot Cocoa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat the milk in a saucepan on the stove on medium heat. Bring just to a simmer then lower heat - do not boil.
    In a large cup or mug, mix the cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon.
    Add 3 tbs cold milk and vanilla to the cocoa mix and stir until the cocoa is dissolved and you have a smooth paste.
    Add the cocoa mixture to the hot milk and stir until dissolved.
    Add Erythritol and Stevia sweeteners until the cocoa is sweet enough for your taste. I use a combination of the two, makes things sweeter!
    Optional - Top with fresh whipped cream sprinkled with a dusting of cinnamon.
    :sun::heart::h:heart:

"My Happiness is Not Dependent on a Poisonous Chemical Depressant."

Good idea...I have some dried Stevia leaves...they are about 3 years old.I haven't used them much but to sweeten herb tea.Here is a good way to use them up.I bought a whole pound of them ....YICKS !!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Evie I'm not sure the dried leaves would be good for this recipe. I have a Stevia plant and use the fresh leaves steeped with my tea, but for cooking I use Stevia powder or liquid Stevia.

Love,

Doodlebug

Comment

Maybe if i made a strong tea of the stevia it would be similiar to the liquid ???
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

That's a neat idea!!!! I wonder what would happen if you reduced it way down, maybe it would be like a syrup? Adventures in cooking, hehe.. please let me know how it turns out!!!

Love,

Doodlebug

Comment

Working...
          X