Macaroni Cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macaroni Cheese

Bring large pot of water to a boil; add salt and macaroni. Cook until al dente according to package. Drain and return to pot. Add butter and toss until macaroni is coated and butter has melted; set aside.
    In a medium bowl, whisk together evaporated milk, milk, and eggs. Add seasoned salt, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; set aside. In another medium bowl, combine cheeses; set aside.
    Place 1/3 macaroni in an even layer in the bottom of prepared baking dish; cover evenly with 1/3 cheese. Repeat with remaining macaroni and cheese misture. Pour milk mixture evenly over contents of baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake until top layer is lightly browned, 35 to 45 minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Macaroni Cheese

wow, this is rich M&C? ....

Comment

Macaroni Cheese

That looks like a perfect comfort dish for dinner tonight...hope i have enough cheese.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Macaroni Cheese

It's a great comfort dish! I think I'll make some tonight as we are expecting storms here.
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Macaroni Cheese

I have everything I need except only about 1lb. of cheese so I can either add a package of cream cheese or just make it with less??
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Macaroni Cheese

Evielou, if it's just for you and hubby, cut in half and use 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan or pie dish.
            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Macaroni Cheese

Yummy!

I made this over the weekend and my kids, my hubbie, and I loved it! Made a little crumbly topping with panko bread crumbs and butter...very easy and delicious, no cooking of the sauce, etc. Thank you!

(PS Made a very fancy version from the Food Network-five cheeses required-and this was better!)

Ann

Comment

Macaroni Cheese

This is for Colbe :h
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Macaroni Cheese

I love macaroni and cheese with a passion. If all foods vanished from the face of the earth, I would be fine if there were the makings for macaroni and cheese.

I am particularly fond of the Butternut Macaroni and Cheese in Elaine's book Food Synergy. Sometimes though, the family rebels and a bit of a different macaroni and cheese is in order. This comfort food makeover for Macaroni and Cheese from Elaine just might suit the bill.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

watch one tree hill | watch gossip girl | Nintendo Ds cases | pass a drug test

Comment

Working...
                  X