Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday, July 24

Good Morning, Absville!

Well, folks, here we are starting our final week of the July "Flight into Abstinence"--amazing, isn't it??!! And whether we've been on board for some time or we're just getting started--we're all on this flight together! Gives new meaning to the phrase "online community," doesn't it!! :l

Gotta keep this short--I'll check back later on this afternoon...

In the meantime:

"It is good to have an end to the journey; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
    Ursula Le Guin

:h :h :h
    susan
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Monday, July 24

Good Morning

Hello everyone, on this - another hot sunny day in the usual miserable wet UK !!! - I don't know what's going on here - but I Liiiiike it !!

Well day 6, and today I am feeling confident enough to go out on my own. I'm going to go into town and buy myself a little something as a treat. I've saved ?72 by not drinking so far !! - I can't believe I have spent so much money just to feel 'normal' or go over the edge and not remember anything at all - what was the bloody point ?!!!
    My biggest challenge is NOT walking into a pub for a quickie, because that was my stumbling block on my last abs attempt. Willpower Girl !!!

I'll let you know how I got on.
    Have a lovely day
    Yummy clothes - here I come !!!

Lots of love
    Bambs
    xxx:h
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Monday, July 24

Hiya All, day 53 and i still have'nt killed anyone (always a bonus ) Last night was a lot better, suppose i'm gonna get nights like Saturday from time to time but thats still better than feeling like cak every morning.
      Got a fishing trip planned for tomorrow with my dad...Really excited (small things amuse small minds).And managed to get a babysitter for Thursday to take my better half out for a meal.
      Bambino 6 days eh ! That is brilliant, just goes to show how it adds up ?72....Would keep me in clothes for years.
      Lori..Great post yesteday,nice to turn the tables for a change.
      Young at heart ..Monday morning at last, i know how you feel.
      Discovery..We are all human, dont beat yourself up,everyone here has done it at some point,just makes you bigger and stronger for next time.
      LLuf..Day 29 is brilliant, i have got a habit of argueing with myself also.
      MattD..Mother in laws cant live with em, not allowed to shoot em..
      Sophia.. obviously you have never heard me sing.
      CV.. keep up the good work you obviously go above and beyond for everyone on this site.
      Southernbelle..Took your advice last night and it works wonders, made me feel a million times better too.
      Anyway Well done to everyone..Gonna go and get my fishing stuff ready.Check in on you all later..Wayne
      LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
      IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Monday, July 24

Hi all, Hangin in there I am. Just wanna let you know. Today is 47 for me.
        I miss talkin and really readin the posts. I'll be back tho. Bye and love ya all.
        even matt
        gabby
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday, July 24

Monday Morning

Wonders Never Cease!
          I actually got up and EXERCISED this morning!! Did my step aerobics. Took about 10 minutes to break through the "wall of pain", but I was able to exercise for 10 minutes longer than last time, so I'm glad.
          Everyone has been so great here. I'm starting to get used to Absville now, and it's feeling more comfortable. Thanks to everyone for making it such a welcoming and warm place to live!
          Unfortunately, I can't say much to individuals right now, 'cause I have to get ready for work, but I'll be back later, no doubt!

Hugs,:h Kathy
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Monday, July 24

Mornin Abers,

It's a beautiful day in Abville!

I decided to start the week off with healthy food and see if I can stick to it all week!

So far:
            1 cup Boathouse Farms carrot juice
            1 plum
            1 cup multi-grain cherrios
            1/2 cut fresh blueberries
            1- 6oz Yoplait light yogurt

Do I have to count the coffee?????? OK....
            2 cups coffee.......no sugar though!

This blue print reminds me that one of my favorite drinks was a "Blue Monday"... Oh well...Its been replaced with blueberries and yogurt!

Wayne, I'm happy that you tried the "sweet" words!! Its amazing how little it takes to win the heart of your princess, isn't it? A fishing trip with your dad!!.....my favorite thing!!

We had a fun weekend. Lots of work but our son had a childhood friend over from Atlanta. They played like little boys again. (They are 27)
            Belle of course lovedddd it. She and the friend were in a "race" across the field and she cut in front of him and he fell and tried to roll to miss her....broke his collarbone!!!!!
            The good news is that he is ok, back in Atlanta and going to work this morning! We all felt so bad! Belle really is taking it hard. :s

I'm out of here for awhile! Be back later!
            :h Nancy & Belle
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Monday, July 24

New week!

Hey all,

Wayne what do you mean your wife was "stuck" with you? My guess is she is incredibily proud of you and considers it an anniversary gift like no other that you are sober. I for one am so in awe of anyone who can put their relationships before alcohol. You are a HERO!!!

It's day 14 of non-stop hospitality for me with a new crew coming in today while the old ones are still here. Was that you Susan who said it's better that my house is trashed than ME trashed? I love that! I've been repeating it over and over. Funny how little sayings can get you through some rough times. My standards have to drop or I'll drive myself crazy! I guess if the sheets are clean that's all that matters.

Calgon take me away!!!

Love you guys,
              Lori

Comment

Monday, July 24

oops again on the font YIKES, I'll get this sooner or later

Comment

Monday, July 24

Lorik...that is so cute what susan said. I agree and I my heart also goes out to you on all that company. You are doing so good not drinkin. Give yourself a big ole pat on the back.

And Wayne....I didnt catch all that but what ever it was I got the gust of it and that was you were putting your marriage somewhere up towards the top of your list of priorities.
                  Very, Very Good!
                  Give yourself a pat on the back too!!!

And everyone else I know your doing something good so you do the same and I'm gonna too cuz I'm gonna squezze in a workout before my work. bye before I dont pull it off.

and what happend to Dierdre???

bye, gotta go, see ya, kiss kiss kiss, hug hug hug, ring around the rosie...no one falls down and final bye. gabby
                  Gabby :flower:

Comment

Monday, July 24

Greetings all, day 3 for me, struggling a bit but dertermined. Ordered my cds and sups today.

Sorry Wayne, didn't see th bit if the song "if we never meet again ....... no not recommended! but it sounds like all is well again for you

cheers carole

Comment

Monday, July 24

feeling much better now

Thanks for everyone's encouragement. I do want abs for the long haul . . .I just need to get a handle on those irrational thoughts that hit me like nobody's business. I am going to practice my yoga more often and start mediating. I read a great book called "Mindful Recovery"--I just need to start incorpating the suggestions regularly. And start back to taking the spplements regularly.

Kim

Comment

Monday, July 24

Hi All,
                        Just popping in to say hi! Things were a little rough for me this weekend after the shot on Friday, didn't make it to work today. Finally started to feel better this afternoon. I'm up to 18 days of abs. I guess it's kinda easy to keep track of how long since I have to keep track of how long I've been on tx so I know when to make dr's appt and such. I had blood work done Friday and my white blood count dropped significantly. They said it's still ok, but I have to be extra careful where I go and who I'm around since a low WBC makes it easy to get sick.

Kathy glad to hear that you are feeling at home in absville.

Susan and Dierdre you are doing a great job this month!

Bambs isn't it amazing to see how much money you are saving!

Gabby, Wayne, Lori, Kim, Carole, Nancy, and anyone else I may have missed. Keep up the great work!

:h
                        Marcie
                        Marcie

Comment

Monday, July 24

Made it for a Week!

Yay! Seven Days! One week of Abs! I'm so glad, and if it wasn't for all of you, I know it would have been so much harder, if even possible at all. Coming here to post everyday makes so much difference! The Absville Community is a strong and vibrant place to be where we share the good and the bad, the ups and the downs.:l I am very grateful to be here!!!
                          Marcie, I'm glad that you are posting periodically and sorry that you had a difficult weekend. I hope that your future treatments go a little more smoothly! A special hug to you!
                          Love to all! Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
                          X