Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Wednesday December 31st

Hi everyone

It's nearly new year ! Am getting excited - love new year. For those of you in Aus NZ, it's very nearly here -wonder who will be first to start off the AF daily for 2009!!!

I'll be sticking close to MWO today - need the support. Have lots of AF booze in stock for this evening. I'm feeling positive and working on my new year resolutions which i'll be posting on the plans for 2009 thread! Been swimming this morning - done 40 lengths.

Will check back later- have a good AF day everyone

Morning/evening all......2 hrs. 35 mins. to go here!....Everyone have a safe, easygoing day/night....G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Just rolled over into Wednesday. A little insomnia these nights. Have gotten totally off a clock schedule without working for two weeks. No Alcohol to put me to sleep and took a couple swigs of Dayquil for a little sinus headache. That may be what's keeping me up. Anyway...23 hours to go 'till 2009. Don't worry. I'll sleep. Eventually. If you party today, have fun. Be safe.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi again

I've now posted my resolutions for the new year on the "hopes and plans for 2009" thread. For those of you that haven't seen this thread yet, it's a great positive one to visit as we make way for the new year and plan the (AF) future. It's in the monthly abstinence section and of course i've just bumped it by leaving my post.

Have a good AF day everyone!

Comment

Morning everyone
          Wishing you all a safe, hapy start to the New Year.....
          Tomorrow we will be having a huge family Italian dinner, tends to get a bit noisy, there will be about 20 of us, and all I have to do is show up at my SIL...nice treat!
          The homemade wine will be flowing. I remember years where we arrived at noon and didn't stop drinking until 6:00 p.m. Work the next day was tough..
          I will be sipping away on my bottled water, had my little bender last week..done, over and moving on....
          Well off to work, should be quiet as we are expecting snow..a good catch up day...
          Wishing everyone a good day......Be safe!
          sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Hi Saus, Hula, Guitar: New Year's Eve is just starting off here in the east coast USA. I know I'll stay AF today. First, it's snowing heavily, & we might not go out. If we do, we'll probably go out w/daughter, SIL, & 2 g-sons. Movies & Chinese food. I didn't want to tempt myself w/a dress-up party.

I very much want to be AF for 2009. I'm determined to be celebrating my 1st year AF anniversary this time next year.

Take care of yourselves & your sobriety.

I'm going to check out the hopes & plans thread.

Mary
            Wisdom, Courage, Strength
            October 3, 2012

Comment

Char: We cross-posted. Happy New Year. Mary
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi everybody! I'm off to work shortly. Then I have errands to run, a stop at the grocery store, and then home. I'm relieved to have no obligations excpet to myself to stay home, be sober and content. And I'm grateful for that. I'm looking forward to 2009 and whatever it has in store for me. I've got my big girl pants on and I'm ready!
                sigpic
                Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! Sounds like everyone has done some thoughtful planning for tonight... I am going over to a friend's house; she is a minimal drinker, her husband is out of town, and it will just be me, my friend, and her elderly father, and her wonderful daughter. I've known her father for years... he is a retired judge. Fondue and board games are on the agenda.

Wow.... Now that I am writing it down, it occurs to me that, in some ways, describing plans for an AF evening sounds rather like describing an evening in an old folks' home, doesn't it? Ah well. It's been a long time since an "evening out" in bars or clubs, or at somebody's big boozy party, sounded fun to me... I'm glad of that.

I've been working on the plans/resolutions thing in my mind for a while now... will post something over on that thread, later.

Comment

WIP: I hope you have a very happy new year's eve. I can't tell you how much your posts mean to me. I've learned a lot. Mary
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Good morning, just starting to move here in MN. The kids have all week off, so chaos is on the agenda. But now I can handle it, six months ago I told myself drinking was a necessity with children. I feel like I've learned so much since coming here, so thanks to everyone of you!

Wishing you all a happy and healthy day and night. Let's roll into this new year right!

Be strong, be well, love to all!:l
                      You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Morning all and glad to see so many posters hard at it already this morning! Quiet day in Chicagoland today. Had some minor plans with close family for tonight, but that got canceled as my wife and son both have strep throat!

WIP - I know what you mean about AF evenings. Anymore I am lucky to even be awake at midnight so I guess I officially have my 'old geezer' badge pinned on my chest! Supposed to be a cycling ride tomorrow with our club so I may go join in that as a way of celebrating the new year.

Hope everyone has a happy, safe and sober New Year? Hopefully some people will be ringing in the New Year in chat tonight?
                        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Happy New Years Eve to all!! Hubby picked up some lobster tails for tonights dinner and they are HUGE! So thats what we will have for dinner.

I'm with you AA...I haven't been awake to see the New Year come in since I can't remember! I know it will be there when I wake up.

Everyone be safe in whatever you do. See ya'all next year...(I love being able to say that!)

R2C
                          Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                          :h

Comment

What time should I be there R2? And should I bring anything?:H Lobster sounds like a wonderful treat for New years!

Hubby and I have been volunteered to cook at our local "club" so we'll be out of the house and around people, yet, I don't think it will be hard for me to stay AF. I'm getting used to not drinking around people that do, the hard part will be trying not to be the party pooper and want to go home at 10:00. With AL that was not a problem. I will also be expected to be the designated driver--so another good excuse. Wow, won't it feel great to wake up on New year's day without a terrible hangover??? There have been years where we partied all night and into the next day too. Gross--makes me sick to even think about it!!
                            I like to watch the parades on tv in the morning, and then watch the Huskers in the Gator bowl--maybe at a friend's house.
                            Today I need to focus on getting some more decorations put away. I hate that job! I'm taking it a little at a time this year, maybe it will be easier.

I had a nice visit with an old friend Monday. We have grown apart some since her divorce and remarriage. I started talking about hubby and our most recent altercation and it was like I opened the flood gates. She said I should call her any time I'm feeling down. We had a really nice talk and I felt a little better. I really need to get out of my self and start making an effort to get back in contact with my girlfriends. I think it is important to my mental health. So that is one of my new year's resolutions. It's nice to be able to say I've already quit smoking--that was my new years' resolution every year for a very long time!

I also want to thank my MWO friends, especially here on monthly abs. Your support and advice mean so much!

Happy New year everybody!!! :bday3::bday2::day5: :h
                            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Good Morning All,

Trying to resettle after being away for 10 days. There are still mountains of dirty clothes everywhere. We will be spending the early evening with neighbors having a quiet dinner and no AL for anyone (they are an AF family). I know I will be sleeping before midnight. New Year's eve does not have any pull for me as far as AL goes. It has always been a more quiet, contemplative time. I'm looking forward to 2009.

M3
                              AF Since April 20, 2008
                              4 Years!!!
                              :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X