the 24th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 24th

Hey! I just discovered that if you click on my avatar, you can go to my profile and see a picture of me! I just had to share that. I also had to share this poem with you before I leave the country on Thursday. It's by e.e. cummings, one of my favorite poets:

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
    my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
    i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
    by only me is your doing,my darling)
    i fear
    no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
    no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
    and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
    and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
    (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
    higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
    and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

Maybe it says something about my that I am sending this poem to people I haven't actually seen in person. Anyway, check out my profile. I'm wondering what happened to chysalis. She disappeared.

the 24th

Hi all,

My avatar here is an illustration I did a few years back of my alter ego. She is young, red haired with that wild flair that shows up in my artwork. Personally though I wouldn't wear a boa . . . probably ever! Just a bit of a devil may care attitude which I am not sure I have ever possessed and at 51 wonder if I want a huge attitude anymore.

Sophia, great photo of you and your energetic grand daughter! Loved the poem. I too carry those on this board in my heart! I think of all of you often even if I don't make the boards for a few days. I hope you have a wonderful trip to Japan and that you find your son is a very good place in his life. I do wonder if the whole bowel syndrome is the all in one. I sure had that and had to get my body adjusted to it over time. I also will find there are points in time where I simply can not take all of those supps as my body simply does not want them. Can't even gag them down . . .you know?

Judie, love the kayaking photo! Looks great and your doggie so so cute! Hope you are out kayaking today!

Mary Anne, hope you are having a good day today, hang in there.

Chrysa, where are you?

Red, hope you are feeling better.

Becca, how many more miles have you put in since you were last here? Love to hear your about your adventures.

Janet, good week to you.

Gina, past the PMS? Hope you had an OK weekend and the week shines better for you.

Laura, we are thinking about you and hoping your in laws visit is a good thing!

No rum in the house which I rather like. I had a glass of white wine last night, geez the thing lasted me over two hours. Guess it is all kicking in somehow but it does make it easier on mods even to not have my favorite in the house!

Hugs to all - have a wonderful day. Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.
    Mary

Comment

the 24th

thanks Sophia!

That's beautiful! Hope you have a great time in Japan with your son. How exciting!
      I'm just psyched to have a few days away from the cafe! God, it's been so insanely busy lately... ...I'm about ready to start biting back! I actually had a customer(well I'd rather call him somethin else...),last night complain that..."If the waitress didn't talk so much, she couldv'e brought us more coffe when we wanted it" We were so busy, (and I did ask they wanted more coffee twice before I gave them their check!), I have to ask people a lot of questions... what kind of dressing , how they want their steak, what kind of bread...etc...what a jerk!!
      We have a sign on the wall that says there will be a $10 charge if you're mean & onry,... I wonder if anyone has ever added that to a bill! I just might do it! Never ceases to amaze me how rude people can be when your'e the one feeding them! oh well, thank God, it's just a few of them!

OK ... Thanks for letting me vent... Must be Hypno time... Clear those thoughts! Good day everybody!:l , Judie
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

the 24th

"Monday Morning you sure look fine, by Friday I have Drinking on my mind" No Wait! those are not the right words. :lol
        I need a good laugh today. I am starting week number 4 and I need to do a drink count. First the excuses;

1. Sundays are always my worse day of the week
        2. It was very hot
        3. My in laws are still here
        4. My husband is driving me crazy
        5. I have a little cold.

Ok, enough of that: Sunday: 1 glass of champagne, 2 shots vodka, 1 light beer, 2 glasses of white wine and 1 glass of red with dinner. The good news is, is that was all I had, so no hangover and that makes 3 weeks without one, Yeah! Yesterday is the 1st day I felt I was getting over my limit and I should have skipped the wine with dinner, but I'm ok with it. This is still such a better place to be then last month at this time. :cool

Still going to stay at the 25mg topa, still think it is working ok, I will see how this week goes and up it if needed. I don't think I was craving the alcohol, it was more that the people around me were drinking all day and I got caught up in it.

Mary, I like your avatar, there must be a little devil in you somewhere.

Judie, You have one of the hardest jobs, I think the other is stay at home mom, I was not good at either

Sophie, Great words as always, hope you can keep in touch while you are gone.

Laura
        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

the 24th

July 24th

That's a lovely poem sophia. Thanks for sharing it! Yes, Mary I am past the PMS crazies. Thanks for asking!! Feeling better in the head, but physically not so well. I worked both Sat and Sun (my usual 12 hr shifts)..both AF days, and woke up this am with a terrible cold and sore throat. Am completely sapped of energy...yuck! At least I have today and tomorrow off. Trying to get some rest. Told my boys they better behave! Hmmmm.....i better follow my own advice, huh?!?! Dan and my 15th anniversary is on Thursday. Haven't made any plans, but that's ok. At least we are talking now...what more can I ask for? Look forward to hearing from the rest of you here! Have a great day! Gina:l

Comment

the 24th

Hi everybody,

I don't post here very often but read you all every day. I guess I feel somewhat boring reporting the same 3 drinks per day. So far it's still working for me. The hardest part is sticking to my "not before 4pm" rule but that's where this board is so wonderful. It's so easy to pass an hour just rambling around this site. I know if I caved in and said "oh what the heck - it's 2pm - near enough", I would blow it. 3 would lead to 4, 4 would lead to 5 and the rest ... well it's history, isn't it.

Chrysa, thanks for your note and I will reply here. My thoughts on moderation are "whatever works for you" - be it one drink less or 10 drinks less. It's an absolutely personal choice but anything that stops you going back to the "horrible place" is good. Just the fact that someone wants to attempt moderation has to be a step in the right direction. I certainly am not in a position to judge.

Sophia - what a lovely face you have. Enjoy your trip.

I'll try to pop in more often - we CAN do this together!

Tawny

Comment

the 24th

I told you I didn't look like Diane Keaton.

Comment

the 24th

... ah ... but there's touches of Sophia Loren!

Comment

the 24th

Late check in.....

Hey all'

Hope you all are still fine.....Sophia, can't figure out how to reply to you or how to get a pic onto the avatar (!?!?) Technologically challenged, YEPP!!, love your pic though, and the poem/quote.....enjoy Japan(don't know how soon you go.............

Gina, yeah, PMS can reall SUCK, I am due for my bout w/ it really soon, so you all may hear some complaining on my end!

Chrysa, I miss you too

Judie, mu sympathy on the work stuff too, used to be in your shoes, can relate.........like to pour some hot coffe in their laps or somethin!?

Laura, I am at 100mg an still having cravings, will go to 125 tomorrow, so will se, I will keep you posted, have heard 200 for some people is what it takes, some only 100.....who knows, good luck!

Tawny, love reading your posts, and your avatar is beautiful!!! What a dream!!!!! It has always been a dream of mine to go to the land down under, maybe some day I will realize it!!

HUGS & KISSES everyone!!!

Mary Anne....have a great evening!!!!

:l

Comment

the 24th

I love you Sophie

I love you Sophie

Comment

Working...
                    X