Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am scared all the time

don't know where to start...
    just moved three weeks ago from texas to maryland. we moved to two different countries and eight different states in the past 12 years. my husbands job.
    i woke up this morning and fellt real discusted with myself, had chest and stomach pain (again) from drinking to much. i went on my pc and googled what long term affect alcohol has on the body, and came to this site. i have been reading and crying for more that eight hours.
    i started drinking when i was 13. my dad was a long time alcoholic and died at 50 from the abuse. i married a very abusive alcoholic when i was 19. he was 12 years older and died 6 years ago at 46 do to liver and kidney failure. those days i only drank on the weekends i had two young boys and very little money for alcohol but managed to get a small bottle (tequila) for the weekend. drinking was my only entertainment except for my boys. i eventually married again and had my last child.
    my drinking completely spun out of control five years ago when my middle child was diagnosed with a brain tumor, he had several surgeries, and a very hard and long rehabilitation. he was like a baby when we left the rehab center, couldn't walk barely talk and was on a feeding tube. my husband was traveling a lot for work, so i was by myself with the care of my son. to ease the pain of seeing my once very active son so lifeless i started drinking as soon as i had him bathed and taking care of, which was about noon and did'nt stop to about 3 in the morning. i was not staggering drunk because i had to stay allert for my son in case he gets a seizure or had to use the bathroom. i didn't think i had a drinking problem, after all my son had to have two more brain surgeries and both times i was with him in the hospital day and night and did not drink at all. so when we came home i started drinking again. when my sons condition improved and was able to attend school full time which took about one year, i started to work again, i dint drink during the day but as soon as i got home at four i started, first wine and then back to my beloved tequilla.on the weekends or on my days of i started drinking earlier in the day.
    for the past few months sins our move i have been drinking a large bottle of tequila every three days.
    i had to leave my two oldest boys in texas. they have their college and friends etc. both of them where still living with us and i miss them terrible we are very close.
    on thursday i have to go back to texas to be with my son he has a mri and oncology visit the last visit showed a change in the residual tumor. i am scared all the time and could not stand if he would have to go to this again. i wish i could be strong and stop drinking. i love my boys more than anything in the world and want to be alive to take care of them and see them have children. i know i have to stop drinking to be there for them. it is after 3;00 pm and i haven't had a drink but i am craving one i hope i will be able not drink today.

i am scared all the time

Urs

You are in the right place sweetheart, i am new here too and the people are so lovely and supportive...even if you cant stop, thay can help you cut down.
    I really feel for you... to be honest your story made me cry. Read my story..it may be different but were goin through the same thing for different reasons.
    Message me back eh? an take care.

Lou x x x
    "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

i am scared all the time

Lou, thank you for your kind words it means a lot. I have never done anything like this before. I did'nt mean to make you sad, sorry. It is 4:00 pm and i still havent had a drink (: I am actually hungry., but then again I have been on the PC sins 6:00 am .
      thanks again Lou.
      Urs

Comment

i am scared all the time

Urs

Hey, you dont have to say sorry for makin me sad...i get sad whaen i hear peoples stories that i can relate to....brings it home, ya know!! im tryin so hard...i wont lie tho it aint easy, but with the support and compasion that i have found on here its nowhere near as hard. Read all the posts on here...listen to everyones story, it really does help.
        Dont feel alone babe...were all here, we really are.

Keep posting and keep in touch hunny... you aint alone

Lou x x x
        "Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around"...Penelope Cruz...Vanilla Sky

Comment

i am scared all the time

Hi Urs, and:w . Boy, you've got a lot on your plate sweetie. You and your family are in my prayers... do stick around and post and read, if nothing else, it'll help keep you occupied, .... . There's a lot of great people here and a lot of care and support, sounds like you could really use some right now :l . I try to drink a big glass of water in between every drink I allow myself to have,.. doesn't sound like much, but it does help. Again welcome, and let us know how things are going...Hugs, Judie
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

i am scared all the time

Hiya urs,just read your story and think you sound like a great mum whos got the weight of the world on her shoulders, and has done for a long time.
            I hope you stick around and become part of this community, its good to come home and vent your spleen here.
            Good luck urs and hope to hear from you soon...Wayne
            LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
            IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

i am scared all the time

Urs, you sound so strong and like you've needed a crutch, like many of us on here, it's been the booze - to our own detriment. We're all here for you. Moll x

Comment

i am scared all the time

I am scared all the time

Hi Urs,

I read your original post with great interest and great sadness. I have recently come to terms with my own struggle with alcohol. I am on day 18 of MWO. I am feeling really good. I mention this because I too know the pain of raising a child with medical problems. My youngest daughter was born with a serious heart defect. I realize I began drinking more and more to numb the pain and deal with all of life's challenges. I knew I was in real trouble as I was waking up on most days hung over. I knew I had changed. My energy level was low, I was irritable, exhausted, depressed. My past social drinking evolved into a bottle of chardonnay every night. I tried like heck to hold it all together, but I couldn't lie to myself anymore. My daughter is doing well. She does have many more surgeries in her future. I know how worry can eat you alive. I know how scary it is when your child is suffering. I know the paralyzing agony of seeing your child in pain, of seeing him/her have to work so hard to do what other kids do easily. It kills you as a parent. But all of us here know that alcohol is not the answer. Welcome to MWO. You will feel embraced and encouraged here. I wish you peace.

Big hugs,

Deanie

Comment

i am scared all the time

Thanks for all your support, it really helped a lot although I didn't make it without a drink yesterday I didn't start until 6:30 pm and didn't drink as much as usual. I felt a little better this morning. I am so glad I found this site
                  I printed of the book today and will order the sups when I get back from Texas.
                  Thanks again to all :l
                  Urs

Comment

i am scared all the time

deanie,
                    I am so sorry about your daughter. hang in there, wow 18 days that is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                    X