Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I would like to join your daily AF group!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,

I'm not that new here as I did this program about two years ago. However, in mid-December, I had a nervous breakdown due to family and work pressures and went on a binge. I felt so stressed with having to constantly work 60+ hours per week, not having enough "me" time, and then having to satisfy my demanding mother. I posted a thread in the general discussion section about my mother and got some great advice! I am now back on track and am 21 days sober. I have also had extra sessions with my therapist that have been helpful. I too have bronchitis and am staying at home and resting and putting myself first.

Anyways, I just discovered your daily AF thread and think it's a great way to start the day! When I return to work, I'm thinking of waking up early just to read and post. What a great idea to have this type of thread!

I'm also working with a career coach to get a new job. The one I have is very stressful and it's unfulfilling. She's helping a lot too.

I did the supps and CDs about two years ago and am thinking of revisiting them. I am not completely new, but I do believe in the program. I realize that I need to constantly care about a lot of aspects of my life on a regular basis. This includes the mental, physical, spiritual, and social needs.

Any words of wisdom are appreciated! I'm looking forward to making new friends on the site and supporting each other through our journey of sobriety.

:thanks:

:l

Best,

Tina
    AF Days in 2008: 350
    Anticipated AF Days in 2009: 365

Tina, please do join the thread; jump in at any point, it starts up every morning!

Just a suggestion: you mention that you are "thinking about revisiting" the supps and CD's that you used the first time around here... think about it this way, if they were helpful before, they will probably be helpful again! At the same time... it's clear that you are really doing a lot of work on yourself, in a lot of areas, and that will certainly play a big part in your success...

Congratulations on 21 days AF, and welcome back!

Comment

Welcome Tina! It sounds as if you are making a lot of positive changes in your life. Way to go!

Come and join us on the Daily thread for abs! There is always a positive vibe going on that makes you want to succeed in your sobriety.

The more the merrier! It is a great group. You will get a lot out of it.

See you there!

Comment

Thank you for welcoming me! :thanks:

Since becoming sober, I discovered that I have irritible bowel syndrome. I am taking Librax and Charcoal tablets to help and it's like a dream come true! I am going to talk with doctor about adding supps but I don't think they will be a problem. However, I like to check everything with him just as I'm trying to practice extreme self-care and take what I need. I like him a lot and am grateful for finding him... just like for find this thread and board.

:h

Comment

Tina: You are most welcome. The more sober, committed people sharing in the daily thread, the more help we ALL receive. Mary
          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
          October 3, 2012

Comment

Welcome Tina! Look forward to getting to know you better.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Welcome Back T.!! Join us on the Daily.
              sigpic

Comment

Hi Tina and welcome back. I listen to the hypno CD's almost every night and find them helpful tools. The monthly AB's check-in is a wonderful way to start an AF day
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Thank you everyone for posting! I appreciate the support.

Tina

Comment

Working...
                  X