Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 25th!

Hi all,

I thiink this is a record for me, first time starting a thread on mods! System is moving a bit slow this morning. I think once RJ gets it moved to a new server there will be more space and faster boards and chat.

Thoughts become things... choose the good ones! ?
    ? www.tut.com ?

Actually, it's all that matters. Not because the illusions of time, space and matter don't count, but because they do. And because it's from the unseen that they become putty in your hands.

__________________________________________________ _____

My dad came through with good news yesterday, no chemo for him either. so although my parents have been through the ringer lately - they have a second chance at life! What a relief!

Mary Anne, to get your own avatar - click on User CP (control panel) at the top of this page, then there is a pull down menu on the left hand side that says edit avatar. there's a spot there to choose an avatar and or browse your desktop for your own personalize one.

Judie, I have never attempted your job even as I was always afraid I would be dropping hot coffee in someone's lap! You sound llike the best waitress with such a great sense of humor. I can't imagine people giving you a hard time - but then - people often have their own problems that color their worlds and don't know how to behave well in a situation where someone is serving them. More CD's they are so relaxing!

Laura, our husbands were given to us to drive us crazy on occasion! Hang in there, it has to be tough on him too having his parents there.

Tawny, you are not boring to say 3 drinks a day. Good for you for staying with that!

Becca, we missed you yesterday!

Gina, glad you are feeling better.

Sophia - good trip thoughts coming your way!

Chrysa - I hope you are having a good day.

I had one white wine last night - if I keep drinking white wine, I may stop drinking altogether - it's that tasty to me! It did however relax me a bit.

Hope I haven't missed anyone!

:h :l to all of you! Mary

Happy 25th!

Hi ya'll! Hope everyones having a great day in "Modsville". I've got another day off. Kinda feel like wasted the day yesterday, by lazing around the house... I didn't leave the yard! Actually, I didn't even get dressed!(at least no more than a thong & a shirt, to go out in the back yard!) It's been really hot here! So I hung out with the doggies layed around in my lounge chair reading, in between quik trips to run thru the sprinkler! Haven't had a good Ol lazy day in a while... felt good! I did drink a few beers, and a 3 glasses of wine last night, but had a lot of water too, so I feel good this morning

Mary, that's GREAT NEWS! I'm soo glad to hear about your Mom & Dad!:h

"Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good....Luckily this is not difficult..."
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Happy 25th!

Hi Ya'll!!

Great news Mary!!! And I figured out the AVATAR thing (that is where the horse came from, not one of mine, can't figure that one out or they'd both be there instead....not quite ready for that one yet though!!)

Judie! Sounds like an AWESOME way to spend a day, couldn't even THINK of it here w/ all our wonderful bugs, I'd be eaten ALIVE!!! YIKES!! I am sneaking this in at work at my co-workers computer cuz my old dinosaur can't handle the new stuff, hopefully I will be getting upgrade soon..........hey, who said they are going to Vegas in August??? I am going on Aug 25-27!!! for a meeting, but intend to have some fun (and dragging my hubby w/ me too)...........was it you Judie??? If so, when??

Oh well gotta go before I get caught!!!

I'll be back

Later,

Mary Anne:h :l (there, that's my 4!)

Comment

Happy 25th!

Hi all, nice day here, my In-laws left last night and I had a very nice AF night. Hubby seemed less stressed out too. Mary, you were right about it being hard on him too.

Mary, I glad about your parents. I almost lost my mom last year to a heart attack, she got to the hopital in time and received a heart stint that saved her life. One of the reasons I needed to quit drinking so much was I would lie in bed after a night of way to much to drink and I could feel my heart racing, then I would really work myself up into a panic attack. I have not had one of those episodes in 3 weeks.

Tawny, I don't think you are boring!

Mary Anne, I am afraid of the Loosey Goosey Syndrome, but I want to know how the 100megs works for you.

Laura
        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Happy 25th!

Hey Mary Ann! Yeah, it was me ! I'll be in Vegas in Aug. 21st -26th! We should try & hook up! My Hubby has a Radio Shack Showcase Convention...so' I'll be left to entertain myself... ! Been checking out some cool looking stuff on the computer... Mandalay Bay Shark Reef,and Secret Garden Dolphin Habitat A the Mirage

Also I think I read that Ron White(from the Blue Collar comedy, is going to be there the 26 or 27th..? We'll just miss him

The Las Vegas Monorail sounds pretty cool too!
          So does the indoor skydiving!! Hopefully it doesn't cost an arm & leg! I really want to try that!
          The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Happy 25th!

Just checking in...
            Slippery Saturday, but back on track.
            Sunday: 3 gl. wine
            Mon: 2 beers at ball game
            Today: AF

I don't think slips should be considered "moderating", and since I've had 3 in the past 4 wks (pattern continuing with me getting worse with the moderation, not better, I think), so that's why I've been away from here a bit. I know you guys say to keep posting, but even I'm getting sick of me posting slips. Can't imagine how irritating it must be for the people who are successfully moderating or abstaining! Sorry about that, everyone. You said to be honest! Maybe I'm the person who got their act together and changed a LOT about her drinking habits, but still goes overboard on occasion. Don't like that, though. YUK:s
            Still working at it, as always. Off topa officially now, which may be the whole slippy thing. I'm adjusting the supps still, and hope that maybe with being off the topa, tummy will settle down. Just can't take it anymore and cannot pinpoint it. Topa is the only thing I have not stopped since March. Everything else I've screwed around with a bit, with inconsistent results as far as the tummy.

Mary, I'm glad your parents have a 2nd lease on life!:h that's wonderful.
            Tawny, I was thinking the same thing... you are NOT boring! I love reading about your 3 drinks a day. Wish I could post the same! Consistency seems key for your success right now, and that's wonderful.
            Jude, puttering around the house isn't all that bad sometimes... you get so dang busy, girl! Glad you got to rest.
            Sophiah, we'll try those shakes sometime, huh? Let me know, I'm game. ANYTHING. I'm ready to take the cork from the wine bottle and...... HA!!

Hopefully the kinks in the new board are worked out... loving it here! I think there's a pic of me if you click on my avatar now... it's not a good one, but I was having a hard time finding something.

Love to all of ya!
            Bec

Everyone, have a great tues night and wed morning.

Comment

Happy 25th!

Becca...DITTO, DITTO...exactly why I have not been posting..but I WILL write later...I am off the topa also ...too many, very bad side effects...more later....
              I also realize that this site is very important, very special and I cannot stop coming back ...so it is powerful...etc...

Comment

Happy 25th!

Ha!

So I'm reading thru today's mod posts and find my hubby reading over my shoulder, so I quickly scroll down to the bottom of Becca's post....and he says...."We are going to PARTY in NY!!!....you know what you can do with moderation.....haha!!!!!" and so on and so on......
                OK...I know I don't deserve much trust from him. I have been doing my best at moderating for the time being. Sticking to 3 or less drinks (mostly less) on my non work days. Will join abs when I am ready. Not ready right now. Giving mods a chance and doing ok so far. I feel I am in great company here! Learning much from cv's posts. Keeps me in check. Added my pic too...I think! Had my 12 yo help me out!

Comment

Happy 25th!

I'm so sorry, Gina

Sorry your husband saw my post.
                  See, I can't post that stuff anymore.
                  Maybe I'll private mail people if I need to, or something.
                  Geez Gina, I promise to behave in NY. That's what this trip is all about. I want to meet the people who have given me so much inspiration and strength, and have helped me to change my drinking dramatically, and continue to do so every day.
                  Figure if I can gain this much in cyberworld, the real world will be even better:l .

Comment

Happy 25th!

Becca!

Becca!! No , he didn't read your post at all...he was referring to me and teasing ME about my latest plan. He started out by saying something like..."Oh, so what are you girls talking about"...then the other comments. He didn't have a chance to read anything. Please don't stop posting your daily log!! It helps so many of us here and I inspire to be as honest as you! Don't hide and feel you can't share openly...that's what gets us in big trouble!!!! I thought his comments were kinda funny...he was just playing with me. I took no offense! Sorry it all came out the wrong way!!!! I plan on behaving myself in NY. Just want to meet all the great people I spend so much time chatting with here on MWO! Love you! Gina

Comment

Happy 25th!

OK Gina!
                      Sent you a private message.
                      I just would never want something I say about me screwing up on occasion to discourage anyone, or certainly cause friction in a marriage!!
                      I need to pinpoint my overboard days (which I do in my diary with big xxxx's and circled dates... believe me, I bash myself plenty). There were none for so long...
                      Coming here and having to fess up gives me even another layer of "guilt"...in a good way, if you know what I mean! I don't WANT to have to post that crap, and knowing that has kept me behaving on so many occasions.
                      It's actually 2fold, I hink. Knowing I have to fess up keeps me in line, and if I do happen to let myself go and screw up, then posting it the next day or so gives me steam to have several more days (or LONGER, I'm hoping) of good successful moderating or AF days. Actually have come to realize that before the program, I was completely delusional about the actual quantity I was consuming! I was thinking it was 30some drinks per week...YEAH, RIGHT! On the weekend alone, maybe. Geesh. I actually think I've cut about 20 drinks per week out of my life, now that I'm keeping track like this.
                      So that's that. Still thinking maybe now it's a bit selfish or something. Maybe I'll just start using the drink tracker and post that publicly, but that's SCARY to me. Accountability IS a good thing, though. You are definitely right about that, Gina.

Comment

Working...
                      X