Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abstinence Today, Join Me?

Right now I'm at the day to day point.

I'm planning to abstain today-- I'm setting up plans to meet someone for dinner so that I have something new to do when I get off work and it involves food and companionship, and by the time I get back home I'll be well-fed and tired, so I will check in here then hit the hay.

Anyone want to join, drop a line!

Beloved: I'm planning an abs day today as well. We can do this. Your plan sounds lovely, & be confident that tomorrow you will wake up feeling great physically, emotionally, & spiritually. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi beloved and welcome to My Way Out! I too will join you and Mary in an Alcohol Free day. Making plans for your "witching hour" and also making sure your tummy is full are both good strategies IMO!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!

So where are you going for dinner? I love to cook so would be interested in hearing what's on the menu for tonight! Anything from greasy spoon to gourmet works for me!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm with you too
        :l
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

i'll be checking in to keep up with you...af today and forever hopefully!

Comment

Good Luck

Today is my first day and I am committed to go AF. Will be anxious to here how your dinner goes. I will think of you as I am cooking dinner, which is my hardest time.
            :new:

Comment

O.K. guys- I'm in! Day 5 for me.

Tough last night as the beast was taunting me and I had a bad crave for 15 min. or so. Hit the computer and posted and got some reinforcement. Thank God for MWO!

You've come to the right place.

Welcome Beloved and Cheeky.............Be- put the caution on when you are at dinner. That is usually a trigger for me- dinner and friends and conversation. Settle in with club soda lime or iced tea.

Hang tough-
              your ST. J
              Toughen up!

Comment

Count me in too - I'm on day 65 - and I try not to think too far ahead, just one day at a time - why not join us on the AF daily thread, it starts up afresh each morning?

Comment

Sausage you are a great inspiration. 65 days! I'm on day 5 and ODAT - sometimes moment to moment.
                  I like the AF daily too.
                  Toughen up!

Comment

Day 3 for me and going ok ..though a little grumpy.

Planning a bubbly bath and bed soon..Thankfully I am sleeping well.

The only change i have noticed physically is i have grown a chin spot..could be a co incidence but i never get spots!!

I,m away for a few days holiday now and not sure If I can get through party weekend in Ireland watching everyone drinking..oh if Only i could moderate and have 2-3 wines and pull out the stop button.

I guess the way my pattern has been its best to try not to drink at all for a while..but i,m sure I will "give it another go at moderating" and then the cycle begins????????

some serious retraining of thought processes is required ..it cant all happen overnight.

So on with the journey into some change however small and I continue to believe in the power of prayer that change is possible for us all.

Good Luck

cassy

Comment

Hi. having a bad time. Voddy got me last night, something bad happened which I don't remember and hubby is nearly given up on me. I have to stop drinking. It's ruining my life.
                      'The only people who give you a hard time (for stopping drinking) are those who used to look to your drinking to excess to legitimise theirs, and they'll find someone else to do that in time. '
                      From an Amazon review of Allan Carr's ' Easy Way to Control Alcohol'

Comment

Hovercat- just found your post. Are you o.k.?
                        Reach out-we are all here to help you.
                        Toughen up!

Comment

I would like to join you all in having an alcohol free day tomorrow. I drank quite a bit last night. I have to stop for myself, but also for my husband and children, as it really upsets them. My goal is to take it a day at a time, but to go a week and then shoot for 30 days.

I look forward to reading everyone's updates here everyday.
                          Good Luck to you all, we can do this.

Comment

I'll join you, cdungan. Day by day and again day by day- that's what makes it work. I was so tempted tonight but thought of the fact that I am on day 17 and I just did'nt want to break the good flow going.
                            Check back tomorrow-I'll be here
                            Toughen up!

Comment

Count me in please. I am on day 23 and I am focused on reaching day 28. That will be a big milestone for me. Once you start adding up those days not wanting to lose them is a big motivator in not drinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X