Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Friday - difficult day for most of us.

Let's all be strong and we'll make it through another 24hrs.

Personally my day here in Australia is moving into evening so getting to the danger zone.

The day so far has been hard but not half as hard as yesterday so I guess that makes it a good day. Was slightly mad for a while and a little angry but at least sober I know how i'm acting.

I try to remember that everyday that despite the fact I may not feel great I am healing and it will get better with each day.

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Arg..... Just wrote a thread and pressed the wrong button. Hate it when that happens. so here we go again.

hey ABP. Glad to hear you are doing better. (hi everyone else out there).

You're right about Fridays it used to be TGIF (Thank goodness it's friday (and drinking time)). Nowadays its danger time. I've personally found a good rhythm for myself though. spent a lot of time outdoors and with my wife and son and the weekends seem to fly by.

Have a great AF day (and weekend) everyone.

Still morning here so a long day to go!!!
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Hi ABP & Johnnyh & all to come,

I had that "Friday feeling" when I left work last night because I don't have to work today. I felt the old reflex thought of getting drunk now the weekend is here, but I thought it all through - all the bad stuff, all the stuff I've achieved by not drinking - and it went away.

Johnnyh: I wanna be in Cape Town. Waaaaaahhh. I've never been to SA but I need sunshine and warmth right now! Grey and foggy here.
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Hey Marshy. I wish I didn't have to work today!!! Well done for turning it around when you felt like the good ol'!!!

Believe it or not ther's actually cloud cover today!! But I hear you! Cape Town is a great place to be! Are you sure that' fog or smog?
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

johnnyh;514526 wrote: Believe it or not there's actually cloud cover today!!
          Oh, well, I won't bother then! OK, I'm off out to enjoy my day in the smog/fog. Lovely!
          sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

haha. Well enjoy. (it's still in the 20's degrees here though so might be the better option )
            AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

I have a luncheon for grant recipiante to look forward to today. I am so excitied to get dressed up and get out of the house! Next week I'll have a "real" Friday after returning to work on Monday. I will not drink. I haven't been AF this school year so the challenges of coping in the real world will be put to the test next week. I look forward to being a better me.
              sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Greetings all! Startingover is 6 months af today! Now there's inspiration....................

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Yeah. Wish I was at 6 months already. Long way to go. must feel great.

Hulagirl. Have fun at the luncheon. Good going into the usual pattern AF already. I'm sure you'll cope well next weekend!!!
                  AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Greetings all,
                    I do find Friday a bit of a challenge.. but once I've had dinner I feel better. Sort of 'over the hump' if you like.
                    Wishing everyone a great AF Friday night!

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Hi Everyone: I too used Fri. as a drinking day. However, Fri. as a trigger has dimished almost completely. The longer I have abs, the less meaningful the days are. Actually, in the latter part of my drinking, Sun. (football day for my husb) was worse.

Yesterday, I fought my emotions quite a lot. Giving up AL brings them right to the front of my mind. I found my otherwise wonderful husb whom I love completely annoying. Today, I'm going to try to just observe my feelings as they come & go. I don't like to be snappish, especially when it's not called for.

I think I drank so much to turn off my mind chatter. I've started the new year w/meditation & am finding that I notice the mind chatter when I meditate. During the day, doing chores, driving, etc. it's always going. I no longer have AL to tamp it down. I'm just going to have to keep observing it & see where that leads me.

Drinking is such a temporary solution at best. After the initial buzz of having that first drink enter my bloodstream, it was all downhill from there. I must remember that. Yes, it does relax some people, but they don't drink the way I did. Subjecting my body to a whole bottle of wine is abusive. The more sober time I have, the more I realize that. If the slips (after many AF days) taught me anything, they taught me how bad physically, emotionally, & spiritually I feel after a drinking episode. I can't handle AL...it's as simple as that.

The solution to my drinking problem is simple but not easy. I cannot drink.

I'll check back later. Thank you WIP. I'm pushing on w/the meditation. I'm a doer by nature, so sitting & meditating is not usually in my repertoire. I think I'm going to discover some things about myself by just sitting & listening to my inner self.

Mary

PS: Cindi: It sounds like you're doing a little better.
                      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                      October 3, 2012

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Good morning everyone and congratulations startingover!!
                        The good news is hubby lived through the stress test, the bad new is we don't know anything yet. According to him it was abnormal--but he's not a doctor. On the way up there he said he had congestive heart failure!! I'm not sure where he got that and he wonders why I think I need to go to the doctor with him. Thank you all for your kind thoughts!

Have been energetic and motivated lately. I hope I stay that way. i downloaded an exercise motivation/hypnosis deal on my MP3 to listen to at night. The other cd's I've used worked so well I thought it couldn't hurt.

I smiled a little to hear you talk about Fridays. I was the same way. Even if some of the other days were questionable, Fridays were ALWAYS drinking nights! I smiled, because I don't even give that a thought anymore!

Cindi--I know when I have a hard decision to make, if I pray about it and ask others to pray for me it helps. So I'll put you on my own little prayer list, ok? :l

Have a great day af'ers!
                        The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Hi, everyone. It sounds like everyone is doing pretty well.

I am looking into long term rehab. 3 - 6 months residential.

It is a hugely scary prospect but also one that I believe will give me the skills and tools to learn out to live life AF.

I hope it all works out.

Love to all,
                          Cindi
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Good morning everyone! Good topic: when and how do we change the way we think about the relationship between "special days" (like Fridays) and alcohol? I think it's all related to our habit (strongly reinforced by advertising, and popular culture) of thinking of alcohol as a reward, and as something that enhances our lives.

Interestingly, even after we begin to realize that alcohol is harming us... we still have to cope with the left-over habit of thinking that alcohol is a good thing that we are now being deprived of... And that takes some additional work. For me, continuing to come to MWO on a daily basis, and especially reading and posting on a great thread like this, is a big part of that work, and it helps tremendously. It helps me to keep my own thinking from straying back into the world of popular culture, the world in which Friday means that I "should" be able to "enjoy a drink... "

I'm feeling kind of lousy today, I have a chronic condition involving a cyst that gets infected and swollen up from time to time... need to get some antibiotics...

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

Comment

AF Daily Jan 9th Friday

Hey Cinders. That sounds like a wonderful opportunity. Can imagine that you are worried though. if you really can it'll be great I am sure.

I'm off for the day. Wifey is waiting alreaady and gotta pick up my mother in Law on the way home. As you can hear, busy weekend ahead. Hope I'll get a quiet moment to watch my TV programme at least.

Hop you all have a stunning AF weekend!!
                              Johnny
                              AF since 15th March 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X