All those who wander are not lost.
    (J.R.R. Tolkien)

Hmmmm...ponder THAT for a moment!

:h
    susan
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Wednesday, July 26

ahh what sleep can do

Hope that everyone is well. I got a great night of sleep last night--being well rested really puts a positive perspective on just about everything. I really have to commit to gtting my zzz's. When I get busy, this is the first thing to go--staying up too late getting things done. Then I don't think or reason very well the next day leading me down a path I don't want to be on.

Glad to see that everyone is doing so well--it really inspires me. Great job everyone!

Kim

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

HEY!!! What happened to all of the other abstainers posts that I read this AM, including mine?!!!

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Wow--what IS going on??? When I checked in at about 8A this morning I got a message saying there was NO SUCH SITE [as MWO] configured!!!!! Perhaps that's when they got lost, CV....(I wrote my brief entry last night at about 2:30AM so I guess that's why it's still here--I missed the other posts though--they were gone at 8a) ...oh dear, I hope everyone checks back in....

RJ--is there any way we can retrieve the lost posts?
        :s
        susan
        "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

I posted 2 and wayne posted some aswell...
          Hope they can be retrieved
          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

I'm going to re-iterate wot I posted earlier.

Started off by moaning about the guy accross the road who blasted 80's music ALL day yesterday and started again at 9 this morn. As I was typing I was subject to ' I'm in the middle of a chain reaction' 'Girls just wanna have fun ' 'just another manic monday'. Wayne wondered if I had a shotgun to hand !!!

Wayne caught 20 mackeral yesterday. they are in the freezer. and his girls have gone to his dad's .

I said that he could have fried mackeral, grilled mackeral, roasted mackeral, mackeral on toast, mackeral butties, mackeral stew, mackeral au vin, mackeral goulash.... the possibilities are endless !!
            He then said i sounded like Bubba from Forrest Gump !!

I sent a msg to Kim hoping that she slept well - now read that you have - hope you feel better hun.
            Kris - I'm so sorry about your Kitty , but be strong - lots of hugs xx:l
            Nancy - I hope Belle is keeping herself busy so that she doesn't get consumed with guilt about the unfortunate mishap with the 'small child' !!
            Sophia - My cd's and supps arrived today. Mine must have been in training and used more goose fat than yours to combat those choppy waters. - i'm sure yours are doggie paddling their way here as we speak !!!
            And thanks to Clever Clogs for always starting the day with an uplifting quote. x

And generally HELLOOOOO to everyone here who is making this so much easier for me - in fact so much fun I hardly think about 'IT' anymore.

Kisses to all of you - and I hope this doesn't disappear down the black hole

Bambs
            xxx

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

weird

I read those earlier posts only moments ago then....POOF

Well I can understand why you would drink after the guests leave Kris! Not gonna do it hopefully myself but I HAVE done it while they're here! Day 16 of company for me, but my sister and I are having a good time. Good time has a bit different meaning this visit however. We spent the day taking our boys to this great aquarium in Newport, then to dinner on the beach where the kids played in the sand and we had drinks. Well SHE had the drinks and I watched. It's a beautiful beachfront pub/restaurant where you can actually watch your children play in nature's sandbox as you sip adult beverages. How tough do you think THAT was not to imbibe:s Actually not that hard. This extreme memory research RJ shared has me re-thinking that first drink. What if my head is LYING about how great it's going to be? What if it really isn't going to bring the relief promised? Odds are it won't but somehow I still want to gamble. An old friend (actually my first sponser) told me that everytime you give in to the desire to drink, you restart the compulsion. It may not be the next day, but perhaps three or four or more days later you're jonesing again. Been there

I want to pay attention to the little things you and I learn. Cynthia's research, our 'slips', slogans........ALL of it. Maybe my pea brain will be able to absorb a teeny drop and stop sabotaging my will.

Bless you ALL,
              Lori

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Hi all,
                I signed on earlier too. Couldnt get on. Guess still got some bugs to work through.
                Well....today is Big Day 50 for me. Just unbelievable. I am so happpy for myself. I really feel that I am on my way out. Still so many things to work on tho. Whats in my face this am and last night is I have got to build up the strength to not allow my x-ickie to get me upset. Just typing that makes me cry. Sure not a wonder that I fell into a alcohol dependance. NOT BLAMING HERE. I know its my deal. But I sure gotta find a way to not let him in like I do. I keep on reminding myself that I got through the divorce and getting him out of the house now I need to finish getting him out of my heart. I'm not in love with him and havent been for a long time. Makes me mad at me that I let him make me cry. Things he says I know arent true so why do I let it get to me.
                I look forward to him being out of my life more than he is now. Its just the kids keep us more connected for now then I want to be. This sounds so pathetic and like a victim...which I hate, but I just dont understand how he can be so nasty to me. I keep on saying to me...its about him, not me, dont let it get to you....but i do. THIS I HAVE TO WORK ON. I am better but still gotta work on it. I guess as much as I am working on not drinking. I just need to set that boundary....draw that line in the damm dirt...and not let it past. Okay....get strong gabby! I just wish my heart wouldnt be such a moosh.
                Today is a party day in this town. Not gonna take time to explain but I am just gonna go workout right now and come back home and stay put. I'll be back friends. Thanks for listening. I think feel a little better...but no loves and kisses for now...dont feel like it. gabby
                Gabby :flower:

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Oh Gabby, That made my heart plummet. You say you don't love him anymore . he's just a habit, been in your life so long ... No matter how much you try to get on - always at the back there - lurking. Just like the other stuff. This WILL pass. You have the strength to combat both. It just takes will and determination. YOU are the strong one, he is weak - people who be-little others are insecure and it makes him feel empowered to do it to you because he knows that really You are stronger than he is. I know you are sad at the mo - but lady - you've done 50 days !! WOW.. I aspire to be where you are now. If you can beat a bloody great demon clinging on your back then you can flick off an irratating fiddler crab on your toe !!!

I don't know what else to say except for - I am sending you My Love and Hugs and my thoughts are with you. Keep strong - because you are.

Take care Gabby

Bambs xxxx :l

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

strong women

Gabby, I am sooo proud of you. My daughter went through a messy divorce seven years ago and we both thought we would die before it was final. I wish I could say it is over but she is still dealing with the x because of her boys. Her x says nasty things about her and me but you know what? He is just an a__hole and in my book , ahole's opinions don't count! I've always heard that hurting people-hurt people. My daughter's x was sexually abused as a child and became an angry, selfcentered, drug using, hard drinking man. He did reach some success in that he became an MD and that is where my daughter met him but thing sstarted to "come out" right after their wedding. Yuck...why did I share that? Oh.....She is happily remarried and living in a bid new house and working at the boys school and generally having a great life!
                    There is HOPE....this too shall pass!!!! Hold on girl....you're gonna be OK!!

Lori, I have eaten at a Joe's Crab Shack that has outdoor fun for the kids both here and in Ohio. I love it. Did the wait staff dance with the kids? Fun!!!!! No drink needed!

Funny farm good today. I'm upstairs making and canning soup. Hubby is downstairs filtering wine. The smell is coming up but........hey......I'm OK..
                    I can do all things....I can do all things...I can do all things.....
                    Swimming, swimming, swimming.

Love, Nancy & Belle
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Oh and Babs,
                      Belle said to say hi to you , too! She is much better today...Butttttttttttttt Steven's mom called yesterday and he may have to have surgery on his shoulder:s .... I'm not sharing that with Belle...shhhhhhhhhhhh! She would need puppy prozac!

Blessings,
                      Nancy & Belle:l

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

SSSHHHHHHH Belle might hear !!

Was that msg to me ?

Anyway - I think it's best not to tell your baby-belle !! ah, ah, ah ... ah Baby Belle... - do you have that ad in US land ?

My Daisy and Millie send love and hugs to her ( both Jack Russells ) .

Hope Steven's shoulder is ok.

Bambs ( or babs ) or Bubba - as Wayne calls me now due to my delightful and innotavive mackeral recipe ideas !!!

xxx spk soon xxx

Bambs aka Hydrogen

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

I really like Bubba!

Yes, that was for you!!

Belle says tank you!

I'll bet your doggies are as busy as Belle! They are like children aren't they?

Did you decide to go ahead with appointment for blood work? Maybe if you shared your "plan" to quit drinking with them , it would help... That must be a uncomfortable spot to be in.

You don't have that ad in the USA...... wish we did!

Nancy & Belle:l

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Hiya All (AGAIN), thanks Bubba for going over this morning again, If anyone wants Mackral jam....I,m your man.
                            Congratulations Gabby on day 50, we are both at about the same place at the moment.
                            Lori that bar by the beach sounds too good to be true, you did really well and showed a lot of self control.
                            Hello to Nancy, CV & Sujul.
                            Discovery you sound a lot better today, i'm glad.
                            Day 55 today and feeling great.
                            Love to you all....Wayne
                            LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
                            IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Wednesday, July 26

Howdy

Howdy Friends,

Day 36 here and I'm really feeling like a new person in very profound ways. It's amazing to me to think I started my "30 days" just to prove to myself that I could do it and that someday down the road I could drink again like a "normal person." It's a pretty amazing and actually liberating feeling to realize that the goal or wish to drink as if I weren't an alcoholic is for me simply bullshit. It's not gonna happen. I know at the cellular level that one glass of wine will leave me wanting, no craving, 100 more in an entirely predictable pattern.

I've been doing alot of thinking and soul searching and have come to the conclusion that every alcoholics biggest dream is to drink at will and stop at will. I've got the drinking part down and perfected but it's the stopping part that makes me that dreadful, whispered thing - an alcoholic.

After 36 days without drunkeness, guilt and self hatred I'm feeling an incredible peace inside. Cobwebs have cleared from my thinking and I'm looking forward with anticipation to the road ahead. Yes, a life "without" is scary but only, I think, because of the unknown. I probably can't even begin to imagine all of the "withs" that will result from this new path.

I'm so glad to be on this road with all of you. We are all in this together and that is a true blessing.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X