Thank you to all of you Texans out there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and thank you. I've only been here 3 days after the marathon drive and I cannot tell you how welcome I feel.

I had forgotten how it feels to have every single door opened to you if a male is present, and how everyone is so respectful. I don't feel it's sexist at all to allow a male to open up a door, any more than I feel it's sexist for a woman to call me ma'am. That's just the way it is.

When I first moved here in in 1990 from Toronto,. Canada, I really wasn't buying the "have a nice day" gig. It didn't seem right, but I quickly realized it was very sincere. I am north of Dallas, and it is busy, as in productive. Everyone seems to be working hard defying the recession.

Texas is not the most beautiful place on the face of the earth, but I have lived for the last 9 years in "God's country". I honestly haven't seen more natural beauty than in Washington State, British Columbia and the rest of the Pacific Northwest. However, the constant rain has always been a problem for me. I have to say, I live near Forks, WA, site of the Twilight movie, and has a rainfall of between 120 and 144" a year. A lot more than Seattle, or other Northwest cities, we live in the rainforest. Seattle and Vancouver has a much lesser rainfall than we do.

When our home sells, I will buy a winter home in Texas to be close to DD and now, the new darling granddaughter, a summer home in the north, but I will always come back to the Pacific Northwest to enjoy the ultimate beauty there. The beauty is joyous, as many of the Seattle group experienced. I am so so torn, but family comes first.!

xoxo
    Enlightened by MWO

You sound so happy, SK. I am so happy for you.

Yes, too much rain here so I can only imagine how you felt in Forks, WA. Yikes, more rain than Seattle or Vancouver? I can see why that would get you down seeing the amount we get depresses people here.

All the best.

Comment

AFM, I loved Victoria when I had the apt. there, loved the ferry, etc., but it cost $1,000 a month to get out of the rain - I did that for 4 years. Now my son is in Vancouver, I am even more torn.

Son was soaring in Dallas with an excellent salary, now he is barely able to keep an apt.- even a bachelor, and let it slip over Christmas he goes home from work hungry. That broke my heart, but he refuses any hand outs, even in the form of Christmas gifts - I received the lecture before Xmas!

The best to you on your potential new job, or the old job sounds pretty cool too.

Love ya
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
      X