Headaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headaches

Hello - I have a questions for all you abstainers. Today is Day 7 for me AF. I've had a headache since Day 3 and each morning hope to wake up headache-free but not so yet. I'm sure this is withdrawal but it's taking so long! When will I finally feel better?

Headaches

I had loads of headaches to start, it was about 9-14 days that they left. I think its the body ridding itself of all those toxins...
    Lots of water to help it is good.
    7 days is an excellent start, well done. It does get a lot better
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Headaches

I have lots of small headaches that come and go quickly. Ditto to the comment about the toxins getting worked out the body. In my case, I suspect it may also be due to changes (improvements) of my vision requiring a new eyeglass Rx. Any idea how long I should wait for an eye exam?

Comment

Headaches

I agree with all the above... drink a LOT of liquids, see how it goes.

At the same time, remember that not everything that we experience after we quit drinking is related to alcohol or quitting drinking... if these symptoms persist, see a physician and, especially, don't let your mind tell you that you "need" to drink because not drinking is "causing" you headaches!

Comment

Headaches

hey....I have been waking up with a dull headache every day too...and im day 5. Been wondering why...now i know. Thanks

Comment

Headaches

I had them too. They went away around day 9 for me as well. It is a normal part of withdrawal. Drink lots of fluids!! Water especially! Stay away from caffiene - it helps. Or at least cut down if you are drinking a lot of caffienated bevies.

If you feel something is wrong; or they last longer than a couple of weeks; please see your doctor.

Comment

Headaches

Tom 3.0;515836 wrote: I have lots of small headaches that come and go quickly. Ditto to the comment about the toxins getting worked out the body. In my case, I suspect it may also be due to changes (improvements) of my vision requiring a new eyeglass Rx. Any idea how long I should wait for an eye exam?
              I was about to ask if anyone else had visual changes while getting sober? I have an eye that will not seem to stay in focus...??? Did not notice this while drinking....

Skoots
              "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Headaches

Headaches

Hi - thanks for the info, and yes I HAVE been drinking lot so fluids. LOTS of water. Don't worry I will NOT have a drink just so the headaches subside. I am determined to do this and am so happy everyday when I can tack another day on to my AF accomplishment. I will look forward to Day 9 then....can't wait! I want to do what I see is suggested here at MWO and that is to target 30 days and then go from there.

Thanks! Lynnie

Comment

Headaches

You guys were right......I'm day 9 today and FINALLY woke up without that aching feeling behind my eyes. It feels like forever to have made it this far, but well worth the wait and pain getting here. I can see how people would easily opt for a drink to get rid of the headaches but then it just prolongs the pain doesn't it? Better to tackle it and get it over with. the headaches just makes me realize how dependent I was on the damn booze!

Comment

Headaches

Nice Lynnie congrats however remember to do what ever it takes not to drink at the beginning if that means good old asprin or whatever than so be it I say better than drinking good luck to all!!!!

Cheech66

Comment

Headaches

You know what? With these type of headaches NOTHING helps. Tylenol, Advil....nothing. That's the hard part. Just have to live with the pain and be strong until it passes. It eventually does!

Comment

Headaches

tks hard sometimes too remember that from the first time around it is hard to believe how much I forgot from my last stint of AF!!!

Comment

Headaches

skootiemom;515968 wrote: I was about to ask if anyone else had visual changes while getting sober? I have an eye that will not seem to stay in focus...??? Did not notice this while drinking....

Skoots
                          Funny you should mention this. I found my eyes couldn't focus very well in the mornings. Once I stopped drinking and my body re-hydrated, my vision has returned to normal.

I had even gone to an optometrist thinking I needed glasses. :H

Comment

Headaches

Just to answer my very own question....my headaches did in fact go away afte 9 days. Thank god! Just wanted to post this in case anyone else has experinced the same thing! It feels so great to feel so good now! Day 14 here!

Comment

Working...
                            X