Moments of Clarity by Christopher Kennedy Lawford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moments of Clarity collects stories from men and women, young and old, and across all barriers of celebrity, color, and class. These short stories tell about their struggles with drug and drink and when they had their "moment of clarity." There are about 40 stories and include some very famous and successful actors. Some are the following:

Alec Baldwin
    Richard Dreyfuss
    Jamie Lee Curtis
    Lou Gossett Jr.
    Richard Lewis
    Katey Segal
    Martin Sheen

There are many other great names as well. I've read about 5 of them so far, and I can learn from each one of them as they're all inspirational stories.

I hope that everyone that is searching for their way out finds it. I hope your "moment of clarity" comes and that you recognize and embrace it!

j-vo
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

J-vo,
    Recently I have watched several interviews regarding this book. It is definitely one that I intend to read! You prompted me to request it from the Denver Library!! I am certain that I too will learn something from each story......I will share about this after reading it!

Thanks!
    Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Kate,
      The common denominator here is everyone's "moment" when they knew it just wasn't ok to continue the way they were living. They surrendered to their higher power, which most of them didn't recognize until that moment. They let God or whoever their higher power take over and help them out of their mess. They finally said, "I can't do this myself, don't have the willpower, so I'm going to let go and just listen." God works in mysterious ways, and those people were able to recognize Him coming to their rescue even though He's always been there.
      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

I saw him interviewed last week as well and have the book on hold at my library. I cannot wait to read it.
        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

It's a good one Lushy. I've been taking such a long time reading it because I find myself stopping and staring into space, reflecting on myself and how this connects to me. Excellent learning and inspirational.

Comment

Working...
          X