Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Welcome to Sunday folks.

Let's approach it with a positive attitude from the moment we wake up and hopefully that will carry us through.

EARLY DAY MADDNESS
    I've had a crazy few days - been going to AA meetings and went to a great one the other night but on the drive home had a tyre blow out, was pretty calm - I wouldn't have been if I'd been drinking. Pulled the car over and called road side assistance, they said they'd be there in at least in an hour - looked over the road and there was a pub 20m away. In days gone by I would have gone and waited in there and had a few drinks but I didn't. Just waited called a few friends and road side assist actually arrived in 15 mins. Car sorted and drove home calmly and serenely. Got up the next day and was fine until I hit the shops and just went manic in the shops and just had to buy my groceries and get out, was manic for the morning but then calmed down.

It's peace and mania - at least for me early on but I can feel the peace starting to win with each day and starting to feel some inner strength. I know if i drink again there'll be a few minutes, maybe hours, maybe days of sedated peace but then the mania, guilt and shame will kick in.

So just for today I don't and won't drink!

Someone told me abouth this website called interview with God, I'm not a god squad member but definitely spiritual. Anyway link is below if you want to have a look - I found it incredibly calming.

The Interview With God Movie Presentation

Have a great day and whatever happens don't drink!

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Good morning all - hope it's a great Sunday for everyone! - It's a beautiful winter morning here, sun glistening on a light covering of snow - reeeaaallly cold (by our standards!) but the clear blue ski that makes the world seem brighter!

Have been in UK for the last few days but am glad to be back. 3 hotels in 3 nights so appreciate my own bed again. Still determined to beat the habit and am feeling strong today - not plain sailing by any means, but a forward journey!

Hope everyone's well and proud of their achievements, however small, however great - all to be applauded! Look forward to making time to catch up more later.

Warmest wishes,
    :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
    Goals:
    Days 1-7 DONE
    Days 8-14 DONE
    Days 15-21 DONE
    30 days DONE
    60 days
    100 days

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Good morning all. Hitting 7 weeks AF today. I am pleased to say that. Had 8 months last year then many AF days on and off , but feel very strong and AF 7 straight weeks now. Had a little blow up with my teenage daughter last night and was ever so grateful for sobriety. When drinking she could always guilt me in to getting her way as I felt so bad for being drunk. But, this time I handled it like a Mother should. Don't think she really liked that at the moment but she will as life goes on.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Good morning to all in AF-Land the world over!

ABP, that is terrific how you handled the flat tire. Learning to deal with life's unexpected problems while sober is a VERY important part of recovery. Unfortunately, the world will not stop dishing out problems to us just because we are working on sobriety. Onward and forward!

Ariel - YUK on 3 beds in 3 nights!! I used to travel like that week in and week out for several years in my 20's. A different bed and hotel bar every night. You couldn't pay me enough money to go back to that time! Enjoy being HOME today!

Britt CONGRATULATIONS ON 7 WEEKS SOBER!! :yougo: And that is very good news about the way you were "available" to handle your Mom responsibilities last night. I truly admire all you Mom's out there - I don't think I could do it.

Yesterday turned out with a different agenda (and a more fun one!) than planned. I did NOT clean my office :no: but I DID cook up a number of things yesterday that will make my menus for the week way more interesting. :yay: Chilli, blueberry muffins (sugar/gluten free), mock english muffins (sugar/gluten free for sandwiches), almond flour biscuits and chayote squash cooked up to taste like cooked apples with butter and cinnamon. Those are pretty good! Never made 'em before.

We've talked many times about cooking and drinking - two closely connected activities for many of us. I didn't even think about it until just now while posting - I was literally in the kitchen ALL DAY yesterday from about 8:30 AM to 6:30PM and I didn't think of drinking one time. Not even one small THOUGHT of drinking. Wow. I'm likin' that! In my drinking years I never would have made it that long in the kitchen because I would have been shit faced by noon and just...not able or willing to carry on. Instead I had fun - felt like the barefoot contessa or something.

I doubt I'll clean the office today either. I think I will go for some true R&R time with a good book later after SMART face to face.

Happy Sunday all!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Rainiing here this AM. I gotta tell you, I love those gas logs! I'm going in there to wallow on the couch with the newspaper in a minute.

I DID move a year's files to the attic at the hole yesterday. I have another project to do but it is mindless as well. I'm thinking maybe a movie this afternoon.

I really wanted to drink early yesterday. I'd been feeling unsettled lately. I think I have at least made some progress in moving out of it. I think it is an emotional shift. And a good one. I recognize that before (before as in when drinking), I would think "Ew, I have an uncomfortable feeling that I dont' want so I'll drink it away". Without AL, I'm able to see them and allow them rather than blindly stumbling along in a circle. Growth is good.

Made some quinoa with saffron last night and it was really good. When it quits raining I have to learn how to change the tank on the grill. Those kinds of projects always used to call for a drink or three. Get good and confused and break something. :H
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Wow Dg, picking up all those heavenly scents coming from your kitchen. Now I'm hungry! But it's 3:00 am here! I'll write when my morning officially begins, sometime after sleeping.
            sigpic

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Hi Early Risers: Yet another snowstorm here in New Eng. It's starting to be a weekly event. Ah yes, cooking & drinking. I've done that many, many times over. I've ruined a few dishes along the way as well. I think I've busted that pattern...I'm very happy to say.

Yesterday, I had a few little wrinkles...nothing too big. A little tiff w/my husb & another little something. I would have definitely opened a bottle over them during my drinking days. I did have a drinking thought, but I was able to get through it w/very little effort. Last night, I used that technique of reviewing a drinking episode from beginning to end...from the first euphoric sip all the way to having to get rid of the bottle & replace it w/another one. I don't do those reviews every day, but when I do, I realize just how much the bad totally outweighs the good of drinking.

Take care everyone. I'll check back later.

Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Good Morning,

Sunny and beautiful here in Florida; for those freezing right now just think of your summers...we spend our summers fearing Hurricanes, so this is our turn to enjoy paradise. To think of how many mornings were spent trying to overcome the acid stomach, the nausea, the lack of energy to do anything...except drink that night, etc. Mornings are very different for me, on Day 8, and are so peaceful...even with the soon to be 4 year old testing out his vocal chords at 7am!!! That used to really get me upset, I needed quiet in the past...to heal my prior nights damage. Now, I find it kinda funny. Pissed the wife off early, though, by screaming with him. He loved it, I laughed, and it was a moment for both of us...just, forgot we are not alone in the house and she was not pleased.

On that note, I find at times I am a bit short tempered...and confused as to why. Anyone get short with their significant other for no reason you can think of? Is this part of the healing? Or is it something worse, like being a "Dry Drunk"? I hope not. Even last night she told me she was proud of me for quitting, but at times wanted to just pour a high ball for me so I would go back to tuning out and leave her alone. I don't want to suck at this, any help greatly appreciated.

Peace
                My creed; "Be the friend you seek, the spouse yours deserves and the Parent your children need"

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Day 11 and starting to fell stronger about this AF thingy.

aidanspappa, It does take time and is part of the healing process. I was AF for 100 days last year. It ended up being the most relaxed and peaceful time for me mentally. It is one of the reasons I am trying to give this up for good. :goodjob:

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

a'spappa: I was definitely crankier & more sensitive when I first gave up AL. I was no longer aenesthesizing my emotions. I'm learning to deal w/conflict in a more mature manner, bringing issues to closure rather than just postponing the inevitable. Mary

PS: Mohun, I too feel 100% better mentally, spiritually, & physically when I'm AF. No more AL for me!
                    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Yes, aidanspappa. Being short is very common in early sobriety. I, too, am a tad short these days.

Well, my 3 year old was over the top yesterday from 2:30pm until she crashed and burned at 6:30pm last night. She has been very cheeky and out of control with her emotional and physical self. It is driving me insane and I cannot wait until she is out of this phase. Now that I am a single parent; I have had to take on the role as the disciplinarian. I use to be her buddy, and her dad was the one to keep her in line. This role is so hard for me. I simply have no skills in this department. Anyway, I am doing the best I can but I am struggling. I spoke to my sister in law as she has a daughter two months older and was a 'wild child' in her 3's. She gave me a couple of suggestions. I did one of them last night and it seemed to work. My daughter was screaming at me all afternoon - so I brought her into the bathroom and rubbed a bar of soap across her two front teeth. Not aggressively or anything. Well, that humiliated her. I told her why...... so far so good.

Next will be a cold shower. Sounds mean doesn't it? Apparently it works. Hailey is jumping all over my grandmother, being extremely rude and cheeky, and a spanking doesn't do dick all. I can't wait until this phase is over!

Anyway, it really tested my sobriety. I came so close to running to the Liquor Store, but didn't give in. I think I may need to read up on how to discipline a toddler. Good Lord, where is Nanny 911 when I need her? lol.

We are going to head out for a long walk this morning in the drizzle and fog. Some fresh air is what we all need right now.

Have a great day everyone!

Doggy, could you post your blueberry muffin recipe? I would love to have a recipe that was sugar free, and gluten free would be a bonus!

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Morning everyone
                        Yes, another snow storm here in the Northeast. Spent many a year taking care of the inside and outside of the house, have now relinquished that job to hubby. He cuts the grass and shovels the snow. I am toasty warm here on the inside, with just a lazy day planned.
                        Hoping this weeks brings an end to driving my son to work each morning. He took my car on Friday, did some errands to test the foot and driving. He did well.......Yipee!!!....I am so looking forward to getting my morning routine back......
                        Hope everyone has a great Sunday....
                        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

I think the short fuse thing might be normal.

Day 32 and I am kinda where I don't much care about what I can't control. But that could just be me.

Everyone have a great Sunday !!
                          AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                          Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

Happy Sunday Abermatics!

thanks for the nice kickstart and sharing ABP.

lots of congrats to go around on the AF days...you know who you are!

when I first go AF it's a mental rollercoaster for a few weeks so don't get too stressed about it. this is a good time to realize that your brain chemistry is changing and just hang on for the ride.

well the garlicky one was not a good boyscout yesterday and went to the shooting range without appropriate cold weather gear. it was in the low 20's with a fierce wind and I froze my ass off, and now am coming down with a nasty cold. icky! Staying at home and staying warm today for sure.

be well friends, and all to come
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

AF Daily Jan 11th Sunday

kitkatsue;516833 wrote: I think the short fuse thing might be normal.

Day 32 and I am kinda where I don't much care about what I can't control. But that could just be me.

Everyone have a great Sunday !!

Kitkat, that is a brilliantly enlightened Satori:

I don't much care about what I can't control

love it!
                              nosce te ipsum
                              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                              X