AF Daily - Tuesday January 13, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another day folks and I'm confident we'll all get another notch up.

Day 8 here and the improvement is noticeable physically and mentally although no where near where it should be but I'm encouraged by the fact that I can notice a little change as each day passes.

Saw my therapist yesterday and despite not obsessing about alcohol have been obsessing about finding a new job and about my failed relationship. He politely informed that in these early days i was quite clearly 'mad' and needed to go easy on myself. Which to be honest given the emotional fluctuations I can't disagree with. He also said something else which made me think, he said was kicking the booze when your addicted to it is probably the hardest thing that I'll do in my life and not to worry about the other stuff - sound advice as if I'm drinking I'll have nothing else in my life.

Let the healing continue!

ABP: Yes, everything is easy in comparison to "kicking the booze." I know how easy it is to feel I've got this problem licked, that I won't drink. And, guess what! That's just when a slip has occurred for me. So, I now know (all the lapses have taught me) that I can never take my sobriety for granted. I had a conversation recently w/a recovering alcoholic (16 yrs sober) who said that he frequently hears about lapses at AA meetings...even after many years of sobriety (10 - 15 yrs). That really gave me pause to think. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Comment

Good morning all, This is the start of day 19 for me....I can not believe it, and I am doing well, except for a darn cold that had me in bed all weekend, but I never pulled out the bottle of Jack, which I do not drink anyway but if I am sick it used to seem like SUCH GOOD MEDICINE, DUHHHHH! Yes it would help me pass out.

Well I hope to be reconnecting with my inner spirit soon, that is one of my sincere hopes in this difficult endeavor.

For you that have followed my saga about the divorce, we are following through but not filing the papers, that will happen only if and when I fail being AF.
      Now this does sound (and is) controlling but in one of my minds if it works it could cost less then a few months at an expensive rehab...Well that's the way my husbands mind works.

Time shall tell. It's not like someone is forcing me to drink a fifth of AL a day, that would be a different story.

Oh, that bottle of Jack? I found it after husband took all the AL out of the house, somehow he missed it. AND although I do not drink Jack, I managed to buy and replace three bottles, so this is the one I did not finish and it is hidden up in my art room (I forgot about it.) And, of course, there is a full bottle up where I found the original One. But no fears, that's the LAST THING I WANT.

Good luck till tomorrow...

Comment

Hi. I am going on day 13. The headaches have stopped. I have started exercising again and it feels great.

Good luck to all...:goodjob:

Comment

Hi everyone!!!!

Feeling great this morning and great to hear so do you.

Ocean, was it your birthday yesterday?! Happy birthday if it was. hope you had a stunning one!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

I am starting day 13 and I woke up feeling peppy and thinner. I cannot believe how free I feel. The energy and physical well-being is something I will try to hang onto. Also, I am exercising alot more and it is so much more fun to exercise sober than with a hangover. Yes, I would still exercise and pretend that everything was fine even though I was dying. No more, I can live authentically and be my self - the real me. I acutally like the real me and hate the drunken, hungover, lying, hypocritical me. That person I am releasing daily as I increase the number of days of sobriety. I am so thankful today.
            Redhibiscus

Comment

johnnyh;518409 wrote: Hi everyone!!!!

Feeling great this morning and great to hear so do you.

Ocean, was it your birthday yesterday?! Happy birthday if it was. hope you had a stunning one!
              Yes, and it as good and not so good as I had my first mediation with the lawyers and husband re: divorce. My husband's lawyer is a real bull. A beautiful woman with a lot of brains. It was frightening. But, as I said :heart::heart:, if I do not drink, we can make our marraige work, Thanks for the b-day wishes. Keep it going....

Comment

Happy Belated birthday Ocean. I hope everything works out in your marriage especially if you want it too.

Today I am going to get on that treadmill come hell or highwater. Yesterday I went to bed at 8:30 because my stomach was rolling. My counselor released me yesterday because of all the progress I have made as well. Just need to keep working on myself. Interesting the last thing she said to me was always keep yourself first. That is so true and something I have been working on. Still AF and feeling great about that.

Hope you all have a great day.
                "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Morning everyone
                  Welcome to all the new posters, and congratulations on your accomplishments.
                  I know this is a life long battle, and yes, it does get easier, but thinking I have or ever will lick this thing, maybe I have it under control, maybe I am not that bad is something that never enters my head. I try use the word never sparinly, but this I know for certain. I spent many a year playing the "mod" routine. I failed every time.......
                  For me it is all about choices. Each day I wake up knowing I have the power to choose...For today I am choosing not to drink.
                  Off to bring the kid to work, then tackle a closet or two. The Goodwill people are just loving me!!!
                  Hope everyone has a great day......
                  sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Everyone:

Ah...the replacement bottle. I can't count the number of times I've finished a bottle, then had to replace it. Many, many times. It's such a vicious circle. Then, there is always the problem of having to get rid of the empty. That vicious circle alone is something I bring to my conscious mind when I think it might be OK to have a drink or 2. We've had the same 2 bottles of unopened wh. wine in the house for company for 2 weeks now. I KNOW what would happen if I ever opened one. I'd drink it all, then have to find another just like it to replace it. I won't do it. No, I won't!

Mary
                    October 3, 2012

Comment

Happy Tuesday!

I am off and running this morning. Up very early! I have to catch a ferry to get to the mainland. I am picking up my kitty in Abbotsford finally. This should be fun. My sister in law was great to hang onto him for so long.

This is a huge trigger for me. I associate Abbotsford with drinking, smoking and violence. This is where I lived with my departed husband.

I honestly believe in my head that I am a different person now. After therapy there, continuing therapy here, and my complete change in lifestyle over the last many months; I shall come back unscathed. PLUS I am only going for one night. I AM STRONG! hahahaha

I miss my kitty. It will be great to get him home. There is so much more room here and he can finally start to venture outside.

Weeeeeeeeeee!

happy belated Birthday, Ocean.

Later skaters!

Comment

Good morning everyone.... my furnace went out sometime in the night, it's too cold in here to type! Waiting on the furnace guy to arrive... Back later....

Comment

Hi, all.

Well. I am on day two again.

Been here done that and determined, like Mary, to change my thinking to AF. Period.

I have hubby taking all keys with him so that I cannot drive. Nothing near.

I know that is Draconian but it is MY choice, not his. He is willing to comply, however. :H

I am still looking into long term rehab but it is not looking good. My benefits for alcoholism are 60 days lifetime.

However, I see my psychiatrist next week and she may have some ideas. Who knows?

Never give up!!

WIP, turn off that computer until you get some heat going. You can damage the drives if they get too cold. Hope the furnace guy comes quick!!

Anyway, here's to my millionth day two and feeling pretty good.

Love,
                          Cindi:H
                          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cindi: I've had many day 2's too. I haven't had a drink since the day before NY eve. I honestly have never felt better. I just try to concentrate on that. I've also been reviewing past drinking episodes. I'm beginning to appreciate how short the high is & how deep the low is. I absolutely won't go back there. The subterfuge alone was killing me.

I'll check back later. Please, PM me if you want. Mary
                            October 3, 2012

Comment

AFM, I will be thinking of you today.......perhaps this trip with prove to put even more of your past, truly way behind you! I hope so! You are amazing, all the work you have done, to get sober and move on to a whole new life have certainly paid off! Have safe travels!:l

Yikes! WIP....hope the furnace guy gets there soon! Stay warm!

Cindi, good for you going to such lengths to prevent yourself from going out to buy alcohol. I hope you are able to find an answer that works for you on a more long term basis, and soon! My heart goes out to you.

I have a very busy week! I am looking forward to the weekend and time to relax and get some stuff done around here!

Have a safe, sober day, All!
                              xxx Kate
                              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X