Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thursday, July 27

Morning, Absville!

Yet another funeral to go to this morning...it's been a sad couple of weeks... AND I'm getting an MRI, AND I'm having dinner with two rabbis--just hope we don't get into politics....

And the beat goes on...

The time to commit is now.

And now.

And now.

And now.

And now

And now.

(From Do It! Let's Get Off Our Buts,"
    John-Roger & Peter McWilliams)
    :h
    susan
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Thursday, July 27

Going to my parents place this weekend so I know I won't even feel like drinking. Have a great weekend everybody
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Thursday, July 27

Morning everyone

Decided to post in "cheese" color print today...in honor of my new nickname!

Susan......I hope everything turns out ok with your mri....Never had one but I've heard they are loud....:l

Yesterday was productive...got 14 quarts of veggie soup canned and hubby got the wine filtered....I thought we were going to bottle but he said not yet....added yet another chemical......yuck

I hope everyone has a good day.
      More later.

Nancy & Belle aka Baby Bell (she does "cut the cheese alot)
      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thursday, July 27

I wanted to update you guys here on the ab board since I have been absent....not abs but moderating. I have been successfully moderating for a week now. I'm gonna go to that board but wanted to let those of you who know me that I am still on the wagon. Thanks and good luck to all!

Comment

Thursday, July 27

Hi Everyone

I Like the colour Nancy - I hope Baby Belle isn't offended. They are really cute little round cheeses wrapped in their own ickle red jackets. I'm sure she would be thrilled. !!!
          I've just done my clearing cd. Nipped out first thing to buy a Walkman ( only £7.99 - bargain ) so that I could lie on the bed with the curtains drawn, because the stereo is in the lounge, and windows wide open cos of the heat here (it's been in the 80's and 90's (degrees ) the past couple of weeks) and I don't want the neighbours to think I've gone loopy. Think it's a bit late for that now anyway !!

Had to shut Mills and Daisy in with me , beacause Millie barks her little head off if anyone so much as dares to breathe within 100 yards of our house - how dare they !!! So we all chilled out for a bit together.
          I fell asleep tho on part 2 of the clearing CD before he'd even counted to 20 !! Is that supposed to happen .

Anyway was very relaxing...

oh no - 'Manic Monday' has just piped up again over the road - Good job I've listened to that CD or else I think I'd go ound and throttle them !!!

I hope you'll be ok today Clever Clogs at the funeral - you have been thro the mill lately. I've had an MRI - you just lie there really still - dead boring really - just a load of clanking goes on. Can get a bit claustrophobic if you have a tendency for that tho.

Shaz - love your little guy swimmin along - just keep on swimming girl - have a great weekend and your parents.

Anyway going to have some lunch in the garden , with Kudzu for dessert ( are you supposed to have it before or after )? oh well...

Spk later - hope you all have a lovely day

Bambs xxx
          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Thursday, July 27

Hiya All,
            Got a good day planned today, the girls are already at my dads, my inlaws are having the boys tonight so me and the missus are going Blackpool for the night.I hav'nt been there for years.
            Gonna have a go on the fair then go for a meal, then maybe see a comedian or a show or something.
            We did'nt really celebrate our anniversary on saturday so we thought we should do something a bit special.Might even try to go in a pub so my wife can have a few drinks.
            She has'nt had one for nearly 8 weeks, the same as me,her choice but i know shes trying to make life as easy as possible for me,so i'd like to try and let her let her hair down for a bit.
            Other than that things are going well, and i'd like to leave you with a thought.....
            FRIENDSHIP....
            Friendship is like peeing in your pants.
            It is there for everyone to see.
            But only you can feel the true warmth.
            Deep.
            Have a good day fellow abs...Wayne ( Mackeral Man?)
            LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
            IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Thursday, July 27

G'Morning!

I have some good news to report. I've dropped 3.5 pounds since last Tuesday. Not drinking and focusing on healthy eating is really helping me to lose some weight. I am feeling pleased with myself today!!! (At least so far, LOL!) I don't have to work until this evening, so I have plenty of time to get in some exercise, clean, listen to hypnotherapy, etc, and just generally take care of ME today. It is nice. Once upon a time, today would have been a great day for me to get in trouble with the alcohol....wine by 11, self loathing, no exercise, no productivity, nap by 2 up by 3:30 and at work by 4:30!! What a waste!
              Bambs, I have had trouble falling asleep to the cd's too. I have to listen to them almost sitting up, and I only listen to part 1 or part 2 at a time. Otherwise, I am off to sleepytown!! I also tend to listen in the morning, as well. There are quite a few threads on the hypno cd's so if you have the time, try to pull them up and read them. They will be helpful for you. They will be on later pages of general discussion! Enjoy your picnic!
              Susan, you have been through the ringer lately. Good luck today, sweetie!! I'll be thinking of you! Hugs!:l
              We'll miss you Maggie, but if Modsville is a better place for you to live, I wish you all the best there!
              Hope you have a good day, Nancy, I love hearing about your life on the farm, canning soup, and etc. with Belle! Such a contrast to my life in big town!
              And Wayne, you crack me up!!! I'm sure your wife will enjoy her night on the town. I'm glad she has been supporting you by not drinking herself. Do you think your wife really wants a few drinks? Maybe she is enjoying being alcohol free too! Just a thought. At any rate, I'm sure she is happy at all your efforts around your annniversary!!
              For now, it's off to start my day. I've got a few cups of coffee in me, and I'd better go exercise before I lose the motivation!!
              Kathi:l
              AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday, July 27

July 27

Hi everyone. I fell of the face of the earth for a while. I was commited (but not really enough) for a while then started slacking, then went on vacation (with no internet access --that is really weird) for 2 weeks and just never got back into the mix. I had a really bad Monday and felt completely out of control. Found my way back Tuesday am. Need to get some abs time, I am so afraid of losing everything. So, I am in for August and was abs on Tuesday, Wednesday and hope to stay so today. So tired of being tired and afraid and lonely and all the other crap. Can't wait to feel good again -- I know it comes, but it takes work and time.

Comment

Thursday, July 27

Welcome back, NoMoreWine! There's always room for one more here! I've had my ups and downs too, but I'm finding Absville a wonderfully supportive place to be. Hope you stay close even before August!!
                  Kathy
                  AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Thursday, July 27

Good Morning Everyone

Oh my gosh, new people I gotta get to know here.
                    This is just a quickie. I am sorry for venting yesterday. I know its ok but i feel like such a baby. My workout did wonders!
                    Bambino...(not sure if thats right...but I like it anyway) your right. I'm strong he's weak..(ha). I like I'm right and he's wrong. (giggles) Ok....sorry guys...totally jokeing...(well, not really)...please dont leave. love u, love u love u. Really....Mackeral....I love the friendship and peeing in your pants illustration. That is just right on the nail. I'm gonna make a sign of that. Did you think that up yourself?
                    And Matt, in a rush so I wont put this just the way I want to but, I am glad to see that....humm, trying not to sound shovinistic (sp) well that you are able to get in touch with your feelings to the depth you've been doing here in abs and even best yet to put it in writing. (did that come out alright ladies?)
                    ya.
                    Ok...I will get to read better tonite when I get off work. Today I will be seeing a lot of hungover from the party day yesterday. funny to say from the other side. hear that guys....now did we ever think of the other side when we were on the other side before being on this side?
                    Mackeral....see what ur mind can come up with on that one.
                    And girlfriends, Kathy, Susan, Shas (like the swimming), Lorik, Bambino, (I looked and I was right!) Maggie, Nancy & Belle, CV, and cute Jane, Deirdre (where is she???) and I thought we had someone pregnant here. Discovery, and I miss Donna and I know there more I need to get to know. Loves and Kisses everyone, even Matt and Mackeral! Gabby
                    Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thursday, July 27

getting to know everyone

I feel like I am in a room and they just introduced me to 20 people and I am trying like hell to remember their screen name, background and real name--and no matter how many times I scroll back I am still not keeping it straight!

Gabby your ex sounds like a jerk--is his picture in the dictionary next to the word for illustration?

Susan now its 108 days! Sorry about the funeral--I have had more than my fair share in the last year. I had an MRI years ago--all I can remember is how bad my nose started to itch once they said I couldn't move!!

Shas I love the graphic--all this swimming has to be good for the body!

Have a great night Wayne--I remember a few times when I wasn't drinking and my hubby was--I remember thinking "God, I never realized what a goof he is when he drinks!" It was a comical revelation at the time.

Kathy great job!!!

And Matt I echo your resolve. If I walk that path again I can't say that I didn't know what I was getting into. Moderation just wasn't in my deck of cards when I was born.

That is all I can keep track of so far . . .

Everyone have a great Thursday!

Kim

Comment

Thursday, July 27

names

Hi Kim,
                        I know what you mean about keeping people and names together.

When I first came here I would keep notes as I read down the page. It really helped. I still do it sometimes when several newbies come on all at once. Just one of my ADD suggestions!

Nancy & Belle
                        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thursday, July 27

Hi All,

Gabby, I think the Other Side previously were all the happy,smiley idiots who didn't have hangovers. They always pissed me off.

Feelings? What feelings?

Matt

Comment

Thursday, July 27

Oh Happy Day!

Company's gone Such a nice relief AND hubby's gone camping Won't muck it up by drinking, tempting as that sounds. Welcome back NOMOREWINE Maggie,Nancy,Susan,Matt,Kim,Kathy,Gabby.....Whew, Bambino, Wayne....Where's Deidre? Donna, Please come home!! Sorry if I left YOU out friend, I appreciate you just the same

Kanga said his mates had noticed such a difference in him that they suspected he'd joined a cult! I can relate.

I stepped away from the computer for a few minutes the other day and my husband Dan saw what I was writing to Wayne. Now he thinks we're having an online affair! Nothing but platonic love going on here, something he doesn't know much about.

Pure platonic love goin out to my girls and guys here!

Comment

Thursday, July 27

Lorik, Isnt that such a good kinda love :l :l I've seen the other ladies say it....have him pull up a chair and join ya. Then he'll see.

And Matt...I know what cha mean about those non-hangover peeps buggin ya.
                              And dont go actin innocent on the feelins stuff! We all saw ya bein human! Its on tape and RJ is our witness. So there. Gabby
                              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Working...
                              X