Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Low Carb Dinners

Someone will tell me.
    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Good Low Carb Dinners

1. Portabello pizzas. Take a portabello mushroom, turn it upside down, put a bit of marinara on it, some cheese (low fat if you can stand it), perhaps a couple pepperoni, etc. Heat until the cheese is bubbly.

2. Salmon with lemon, fresh veggies (mushrooms, zuchinni, crook neck squash), put all in aluminium foil, seal tightly. Cook at 350 F for 20 minutes. (Publix has a Jack Daniels marinated Salmon that is delicious and is alcohol free, very few carbs added by the marinade.)

3. Hamburger scramble. Brown hamburger, add some flavorings, add cheese. Add some low carb veggies and it is actually a satisfying meal, especially if you like hamburgers.

4. Chicken, oh man, I can't go there, too many. BUT, I do recommend you keep some of the frozen chicken tenderloins in the freezer. They thaw quickly and cook easily and so many things you can do with them.

There are lots of low carb recipes on the web. Google "low carb recipes" and you will get some really good sites with great recipes, all free. (Except that I hope you have a program that cleans up those pesky little ad plugins, etc. I run that once a week to keep the computer clean.)

HTH,
    Cindi

OH, and I forgot eggs. Lots you can do with eggs, too. Crustless quiche, all kinds of scrambles. Walmart and other stores also carry low carb flat breads, etc, that you can use if you absolutely must have a wrap or burrito kind of fix. I usually cut them in half and only use half for a meal.
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

Water.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

Thanks Cindi the quiche sounds really good and um Lushy thanks for that mind boggling effort.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

Hey, that's what friends are for. Glad I could help.
          I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

Beaches I just made this for breakfast slice 4-5 beefsteak tomatoes let drain. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non stick coating. arrange the tomato slices on the bottom of dish. Make a mixture of 1 cup mayo 3/4 shredded cheddar 3/4 parmesan-regianno. add salt pepper and some dried basil. spread the mixture on top of the tomatoes evenly top with chopped green onion. Bake at 350 until golden brown. So good!
            Mare

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

be careful with the low carb stuff, as drinkers our kidneys are already taxed and high protein diets are hard on the kidneys!

sorry to interrupt!

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

The portabella pizza is GREAT! My mom made us some a couple of months ago and they were fantastic!

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

Ok Yum! I just printed these recipes. Thanks for putting these out!
                  :nutso::nutso:

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

Beaches, you should PM Doggygirl -- I am pretty sure she does the low carb thing.

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

GRILLED ROSEMARY CHICKEN

Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes

2 T lemon jucire
                      2 T olive oil
                      2 cloves garlic, minced
                      2 T minced fresh rosemary
                      1/4 t salt
                      4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

l. Whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, rosemary and salt in small bowl. Pour into shallow glass dish. Add chicken turning to coat both sides with lemon juice mixture. Cover and marinate in refrig. 15 minutes, turning chicken once.

2. Grill chicken over medium-hot coals 5 to 6 minutes per side or until chicken is no longer pink in center.

Makes 4 servings

Tip: For added flavor, moisten a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and toss on the hot coals just before grilling. Store rosemary in the refrig. for up to 5 days. Wrap sprigs in a barely dam paper towel and place in a sealed plastic bag.

NUTRIENTS PER SERVING: Carbs
                      Starting over again
                      ray:

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

BLT CHICKEN SALAD FOR TWO

2 BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST HALVES
                        1/4 C MAYO OR SALAD DRESSING
                        1/2 t BLACK PEPPER
                        4 LG. TOMATO, SEEDED AND DICED
                        3 SL. CRISP-COOKED BACON, CRUMBLED
                        1 HARD-COOKED EGG, SLICE
                        ADDITIONAL MAYO OR SALAD DRESSING

1. BRUSH CHICKEN WITH MAYO; SPRINKLE WITH PEPPER. GRILL OVER HOT COALS 5 TO 7 MINUTES PER SIDE OR UNTIL NO LONGER PINK IN CENTER. COOL SLIGHTLY; CUT INTO THIN STRIPS.

2. ARRANGE LETTUCE LEAVES ON SERVING PLATES. TOP WITH CHICKEN, TOMATO, BACON AND EGG.
                        SPOON ADDITIONAL MAYO OVER TOP

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

NUTRIENTS PER SERVING: CARBS: 4 G, CALORIES: 444, FAT: 34 G, PROTEIN: 32 G

BON APPETIT
                        Starting over again
                        ray:

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

I'm finding that shredded cabbage makes a great pasta substitute for low carb meals.

I also make various 'chef's salad' versions of cole slaw. Just imagine cole slaw but with everything including the kitchen sink tossed in. healthy and easy.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

Hi Cindy!
                            What temp do you cook the portobello pizzas on?

Comment

Good Low Carb Dinners

Det,
                              I love the new face of cole slaw as well... and the great thing is you can make it ahead and it is not "wilted" the next day.

My current fav is probably boring, but take shredded cabbage, feta cheese (as much as you want), diced black or kalamata olives... some spring onions (they hold up well under fridge and dressing), and some good Greek dressing... just chop some fresh tomato and cucumber and add just before serving or privately indulging! Tastes fabulous the next day....almost better! Try this as a bed for a great chicken salad... yummers.

And I'm really hooked on the portabella pizzas as well! I just add a ton of other stuff.
                              If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Working...
                              X