not started yet...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not started yet...

is anyone in the same boat??? my life is so messed up I cant go af at the moment, I'm recently separated and I dont know where my problems start or end and I dont know if my drinking is a symptom or the actual problem, I dont drink in the day unless I am child and work free, but tend to hit the bottle on lonely weekends

not started yet...

Hi Claudia,
    Yes, we are all in the same boat. There are so many kind and supportive people here. You sound as though you want to sort some "stuff" out. I've been journaling so that I can look back, reread, and see patterns as to where problems start, what the triggers are, and it just feels good to get it out of my head and onto paper so I don't have to think about it so much. There's lots to learn here, and again, the support is incredible. Welcome
    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

not started yet...

hi

Hi Claudia....and welcome. I'd love to invite you to join us on the Newbies Nest thread...we're a wonderful group that's designed for people starting out like yourself. Happy to have you around, and hope to see you over there.
      Renewal

Comment

not started yet...

Hi Claudia.. I have been a visitor of this msg board for a couple of years. I haven't really started seriously til last week. I am just taking it one day at a time and that is all you can really do. You'll see that the people on this board are wonderful and welcoming. Give it a chance and you will see. :welcome::welcome:

Tee

Comment

not started yet...

Welcome Claudia!

j-vo made a great suggestion; keeping some sort of journal is a great idea... I did during/after separation/divorce. Not only are you able to get stuff 'out' (even if it's just on paper or a computer screen) but you can also look at it a bit more objectively, I think. With less emotional overflow.

Anyways, why don't you climb into the newbie's nest and find a comfy corner?

Oh.. and hello J-vo and Tee! How are you guys doing today? Everything in the green zone?
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

not started yet...

Hi Claudia :welcome: sorry your feeling alone, I'm a newbie too and I have found the people on this site so welcoming and honest, it is a great place to come for strength! I have 3 young children and find it quite stressful, especially now I'm trying to dry out!! Maybe instead of focusing on the quite and feeling lonely you can focus on YOU. This might be a time to think about things you want in life?? Or maybe trying to stay busy would help?? Anyway I hope you find balance and peace.

Take care xx Summer09

Comment

not started yet...

Hi Claudia - welcome too. I've only been using this site for about 10 days so very much a newbie. Like you - not totally sure if I should/shouldn't be here but figure that it certainly cannot do any harm.

I used to use alcohol to relax at the end of overy day and drunk a good bottle a night, I figured that over 50 units a week is a bit much compared to the recommended 14 units for a woman.

Suggest you read a few of the threads etc and then you will probably find some very simlar stories to your own and can decide if your alcohol consumption is or isn't out of control.

Whatever you decide, this is a brilliant site to use with all sort of people on it with loads of helpful advice and support.

Take care
              AC x x x

Comment

not started yet...

:welcome: Claudia
                You will find this a great place to find help, comfort, a kick in the ass when needed, resources and loving support. Buy the book. listen to the tapes, and find your new road.

Comment

not started yet...

welcome Claudia, It takes alittle while to find your way around this community but stay close and post often. You will find great support to reach goals here.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

not started yet...

Only you know if your drinking has become a real problem, and only you will decide when its time to quit, or moderate. I am single as well, and drank out of loneliness many times, but then realized how much damage it was causing myself. If you are lonely, this is a great place to find new friends who will always listen and support you.
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

not started yet...

Hi!
                      I know exactly where you are at right now....I want so badly to quit but I am so scared...probably of myself. I've been trying to call the doctor for 3 days to help me....still waiting. I come here to read what other people are going through and how happy and proud of themselves they are....I only hope to get there some day. I feel like I'm on a downward spiral and no matter how hard I try to make it to the top, I never can. I have a 7 year old amazing son who doesn't deserve a mom like this...every morning I tell myself it's going to be different today...it never is. I want with my whole heart to be done but know I can't do it on my own, which is so hard for me to admit because I am very much a woman "who can do anything...doesn't need anyone to help her". Not sure why I just spilled my guts...hope maybe it helps you to know you're not alone...I'm in the same scared spot you are in...terrified is more like it!
                      "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                      7/29/12

Comment

not started yet...

Claudia and SD

You sound very sad and down on yourselves today. You need to look inside and find the strength. It is there somewhere. This is a super place to share your troubles and sadness--we have all been there/are there.

SD--yes, your son deserves a great mom and that is what you will be! I know it is hard work--right now I want a drink so bad I can taste it! But think how much you love him--more than the Alcohol, I can bet. Let your child be your strength and when you really want a drink, go to him and shower him with hugs and kisses. Play a card game. Go for a walk. YOU CAN DO THIS!

I have to say that my eldest daughter has been spending more time with me, calling me to come over for dinner or shopping, talking more on the phone. she had stopped doing that when I was drinking and I am loving the time we have together now.

Comment

not started yet...

I'm right with ya!! But I'm hopefull that the messes in my life will sort themselves out because they are mostly caused by my drinking. Every one around me knows that if I'm drinking not to discuss important stuff b/c I won't remember.
                          I'm starting with today and will deal with tomorrow...well, tomorow
                          I am going to be very, very careful, nobody is going to be hurt or disappointed or even inconvenienced

Comment

not started yet...

:welcome: Just do it! Today is only day 2. And that's just not drinking any hard liqour. Trying to detox myself safely. I procrastinated month b4 I got so scared I started doing something about it. Sounds like you're going thru a hard time right now. Pray and try to seek some kind of group with people going thru the same thing. Talking works wonders. :|
                            Starting over again
                            ray:

Comment

not started yet...

hi i have a lite idea,i just recently stopped not quit,i can drink when i want but even the little i do makes me sick,and i take no supps,the hardest day is the 1st day ,but remember you sleep 1 third away,so that means you have 16 to go,i mean hours,now if your the incom earner in the house you have less of a problem your at work,there goes another 8 hours,so that leaves you with 8 hours,if your the house wife at home ,it will be tougher,you can only clean so much,got to find a routine just like your drinking,im recently off work playig the lady its frikken hard,how easy to think of that 1st one,and then the spiral down,i can only finish by saying the many times ive gotten thro the 1st day i feel like a million dollar person, and from there , when your down, come here if that doesnt help,work at finding somthing that interests you,the main thing is keep busy, gyco

Comment

Working...
                              X