Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something for everyone to think about and consider. I hope you enjoy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's all remember to take the time to LIVE!!!!

A friend of mine opened his wife's underwear drawer and picked up a silk paper wrapped package:

'This, - he said - isn't any ordinary package.'

He unwrapped the box and stared at both the silk paper and the box.

'She got this t he first time we went to New York , 8 or 9 years ago. She has never put it on , was saving it for a special occasion. Well, I guess this is it. He got near the bed and placed the gift box next to the other clothing he was taking to the funeral house, his wife had just died. He turned to me and said:

'Never save something for a special occasion. Every day in your life is a special occasion'.

I still think those words changed my life.

Now I read more and clean less.

I sit on the porch without worrying about anything.

I spend more time with my family, and less at work.

I understood that life should be a source of experience to be lived up to, not sur vived through. I no longer keep anything. I use crystal glasses every day... I'll wear new clothes to go to the supermarket, if i feel like it.

I don't save my special perfume for special occasions, I use it whenever I want to. The words 'Someday...' and ' One Day...' are fading away from my dictionary. If it's worth seeing, listening or doing, I want to see, listen or do it now.. I don't know what my friend's wife would have done if she knew she wouldn't be there the next morning, this nobody can tell. I think she might have called her relatives and closest friends.
    She might call old friends to make peace over past quarrels. I'd like to think she would go out for Chinese, her favorite food. It's these small things that I would regret not doing, if I knew my time had come.

Each day, each hour, each minute, is special. Live for today, for tomorrow is promised to no-one.

That is so true, isn't it?
    Thanks for reminding us, lil.Michelle!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

thanks

I am going to put on that red thong right now, slip into the lacy nightie...and go make dinner and do laundry!

Comment

LOL Upnorth!
        I'd like to see that!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

HA!

Trust me, Sunshine--it is not a pretty sight. I have eaten like a hog on steroids.
          Seriously, lots of cake and candy which I have never liked. Last night I ate chips in bed. I think I woke up with crumbs on my face! At any rate, they were sour cream and onion flavor, which kind of excited my husband....

Just polished off the bag. CRAP! Now it's all going to wiggle and jiggle around inside me when I exercise--is that a good reson to skip it and watch TV tonight?

Comment

*lol* You wear your thong and BE PROUD!!!!! Just becareful not to splash anything while making dinner *lol*

Comment

good one Michelle,

who are we doing our week AF with, my mind like a sieve these days, thought the old memory might have started to improve, BTW have you checked out the newbies nest, just wondering

wish i could run home and change me undies, felling a bit left out, but at least they are new sparkly white ones (Mand S), havent even hit a grey rinse yet.....does that count?
              Live your life in such a way that
              when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
              Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Hmmm I might just dust that lacy black number off tonight --- NOT!!

Thanks M, for the reminder. Often I am too busy waiting for the "perfect moment" and miss out on the daily fun.
                "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Thanks for the reminder Michelle.

Rustop:thanks:

Comment

Great post Michelle!
                    I've been thinking about this a lot recently.
                    I read something the other day that struck a similar chord in me. It was about a guy saying how he didn't want to go to his grave with a rested and unbroken body. He wanted to be completely burned out, having used all his energy accomplishing things he wanted to do, going places that he wanted to go. He wanted to be loved and have been loved. In short to live his life with every fibre of his being until his body could take no more, having lived a life of joy and achievement. We all have responsibilities and bills to pay, but to go every day without accomplishing a single thing for yourself can't be the right way. I think everyone should take time for themselves and if you can do these things with someone you love, all the better. Take the time to get out there and do something to make YOU happy. Life really is too short.

Comment

Michy wonderful post thanks!!!!!!! as for crusty undies may they stand up (on their own) forever!!!!!!!

Comment

Lil Michelle - after loosing a really close friend over the holidays that poem really hit home. It is so true.

Thanks for reminding us what's important.
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

Funny my dad used to say he needed to save for retirement, so he and my mom never really went anywhere, so they could have a good retirement, well my dad got to retire for 10 days then died of a massive heart attack, so I definitely know how important it is to enjoy life today, don't wait for tomorrow.

Twosox

Comment

Working...
                          X