Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27th - How are we doing?

Hi all,

Hope you are all having a great day! An email from the universe to me.
    __________________________________________________ ___

Practice. Study. Prepare yourself. Think. Act. Face the beasts. Pay the piper whatever dues you think you have to pay. Do the dance, walk the fire, wait in line. Plant the seeds, hoe the field, go to market. Because on the day that you become all that you now dream of becoming... Oh my gosh. There is simply no price that would seem too great.

It's going to be that good, you're going to be that happy, and it's going to be for so, so long. Guaranteed.

Tallyho,
    The Universe
    __________________________________________________ ___

We are all working on that plan above in some way shape or form . . . I think. I feel unusually good today as it was the first evening after a grueling physical therapy appointment that I did not drink at all. Didn't know if I could do it - but feel quite proud of myself for that. I did take a long herbal bath and even painted my toenails after. It was a nice thing to do for myself and I remember Wandering Wombat said her program would consist of doing something nice for herself every day. At that point I thought . . .What a concept - something nice for myself!

so all my dear sweet mods, I wish for you today, some time to do one small thing just for you and know you are worth every moment of it.

:l Mary

27th - How are we doing?

Nice post Mary! And congrats on no alky last night! I had a glass of wine for ya! I think I need to start reining myself in ...on my days off. It's getting too easy to start in earlier, and drink just a little bit more later...

I woke up this morning from a dream about work... where I was trying to sneak in a drink while there, (somewhat successfuly), and doing a crappy job all @ the same time! Kinda more like a nightmare! Seemed OH SOOO REAL! And very like "the old days"... Don't want to go there!

So maybe that's my sign from the universe.. cut the crap & start being honest with myself! I do know what I'm capable of ...if I'm not very, very determined & vigilant!

I've noticed , this past week... I still tend to get a case of the "F**k Its"..., when I get stressed out @ work... not a good place to go in my head! Definately need to work on that ...

Ok enough blabbering... sorry I didn't mean to sound so negative after such a lovely post Mary! But thank you everyone for letting me get all that out! I feel better now... Still have time to enjoy some sunshine & water before the food fights begin.... Hugs, Judie

Ps, I ran into someone from the Lodge, where I was painting last winter, yesterday. They want me to come back & paint when the tourist season slows down. Considering it...it is so nice & close to home...
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

27th - How are we doing?

Hey Mary, I just checked out that www.tut.com site. Wayyy Cool! Thanks!
      The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

27th - How are we doing?

Nice words Mary, My seeds are starting to grow in my garden instead of dying in despair. :l

Working on a habit and caught myself last night. CV talks about a thread that was on "what kind of drinker am I" I can't seem to find it, but what I did pick up from reading some of the stuff was I am a secret drinker. I love to drink from the bottle when no one is looking and other people's drinks. I always knew I did it, but I didn't realize what a big kick I got out of it. Last night after a nice glass of Red, I was done, but the bottle was calling me and then I took a big drink out of hubby's glass. Kind of shocked me really, I did not even realize I was doing it, but when I did, I didn't do it again. But I was more then a little sad because I am going to miss this one thing about changing my drinking habits. Seems kind of messed up.

The rest of the week has been just fine in Mod Land.

Laura
        Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

27th - How are we doing?

Laura I am a secret drinker too!

Hi Laura
          You know what's funny? I never thought of this until I just read your post - but I guess I am a secret drinker too! And I guess in my own funny way I must have enjoyed it too. Let's see - yes, I have sneaked drinks from other people's glasses, bottles (including other people's bottles) and I have snuck to the liquor store and snuck drinks around the house. My pact for this week (after sneaking a drink a few days ago, to my horror - out of HABIT) is no more sneaking drinks. Like becca said to me once, its important to make all drinks seen. So I will. I am going to aim to make a new goal for myself each week and if I 'slip' i am going to be honest enough with you all to post, so here it is.
          GOAL FOR THIS WEEK - NO MORE SNEAKING DRINKS.
          HUGS
          JEN
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

27th - How are we doing?

Jen,
            Thank you and Becca. I have now added "all drinks will be seenno more sneaking" to my rules.

For this week, my goal will be, I will not share with other people.

Laura
            Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

27th - How are we doing?

checking in!

Thought i'd drop in and say "hello" before my husband and I go out and celebrate 15 yrs of marriage. You guys are great. Going out to eat and to dance....nothing too major 4 a Thursday night! So nice to have a place to check in to! Talk soon! Gina:l

Comment

27th - How are we doing?

How are we doing?

Happy Anniversary Gina,

It's great to see such honesty and support. I agree with the all drinks must be seen. In the past I used to spend time in my home office in the evening with my glass of wine and keep refilling the glass till the bottle was empty. I need not drink alone. I will enjoy my moderation of a glass or two with people!

Thanks for all of the great information!

Hugs,

Deanie

Comment

27th - How are we doing?

Hi all - I'm new to the program - this is my first week. I am also aiming for moderation and have done pretty well so far. I must say - it's great to get up in the morning and actually feel rested and alert! Hope to be joining your group regularly. I have been searching for a long time for just this sort of program and just this sort of group. I can't remember how I even found MWO but I'm OH SO GLAD I did!

Happy Friday All!
                  Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                  Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                  Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                  : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                  "

Comment

Working...
                  X