Horrible day yesterday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible day yesterday!

Just have to get this off my chest, barley slept last night thinking of how awful my day went yesterday. It all started going to see my dermatologist before work, he is new because my previous dermatologist moved. So the first time I go to see him, he tells me he will get my psoriasis looking better and prescribes this ointment, was pretty happy thinking maybe this ointment will get my P under control. Instead it has made it worse, so I went back to him yesterday instead of waiting till the end of the month, because I don't want to keep using something that is worsening my psoriasis and he basically made me feel like shit, he had the list of ointments I had used before and was asking me which one worked best and I was trying to remember between two previous ones which one worked best and he got annoyed and said I need to get it straight. He then prescribes me the same crap that is making my p worse but in generic form, what the hell. Since I started to see him my p has spread to my arms, my back and my lower legs are pretty disgusting now. Just really really upsets me. Looked up dermatologist that specialize in psoriasis and I am going to call one this morning, praying to God, I get one that actually cares.

Then I get to work (I work at a High School, in the caf?. department, yup I'm a luch lady) and there is nowhere to park due to the snow, the kids take the staff parking, which forces me to go searching for a parking spot. I'm new there this year so I only do 3 hours a day, which means I don't get there till later than everyone else I work with, so I end up having to park at our Middle School, there is usually a parking spot or two available, of course then it takes an extra 5 min to walk to work. Well, yesterday I get out of work and find a ticket on my windshield from the school officer. Talk about being upset, so I go back in to the High School and ask him why he gave me a ticket, he said he didn't see my parking permit, so I told him where it was, then he didn't know it was me. So I think ok, that's alright, he didn't know, so I ask him if it is ok to park there ( shouldn't have done that) and he tells me no because it is actually part of the High School student parking, he showed me another place I could park, if there is any space which is even farther away, unless I can find a student parking spot in the High School lot, why in the world is it ok, to take a student's spot in the H.S. Lot, but not ok in the M.S. Lot which is for the H.S. students, makes absolutely no sense. I just don't get it, really felt like I was getting the shaft by everyone yesterday.

Then to top it off, I come home, order a pizza for my son, he only had 10 dollars and it came to 20 so I told him to ask his dad, which he gave him the other 10, which is fine, but then when the pizza guy showed up I asked my husband to get the door, because I was trying to clean up the kitchen and he was sitting watching TV and he said you answer it, it's my money that paid for it. Wow, was I pissed, what a crappy thing to say. I told him that was a sucky thing to say and he apologized, but come on, so I don't make the money he makes, but at least I am working. I don't even get to have cash in my wallet, I try to keep a 10 dollar bill, but either one of my kids or my husband takes it. He makes sure he keeps at least 60 out of his check in his wallet and he has a work gas card and takes a lunch to work, so where does it go?

Anyway through it all I didn't drink, thought about it but didn't, did not want to make my day worse by caving in. Praying today will go better. So sorry this is so long but really needed to get it out!

Twosox

Horrible day yesterday!

lean on us

I think you did a great job avoiding AL after such a crappy day. It was good that you came here to vent, we are great sounding boards and we are here for each other. It sometimes seems to me that is is the compilation of lots of LITTLE things that set me off, rather than just ONE big things. It's like a pile that keeps growing until it collapses...then I stress and take a drink. Good for you for dodging the pile! :goodjob:

I am glad you spoke up to hubby--lucky for him he apologized--and NEVER feel yourself unequal because he earns more than you. Ask him this....Have YOU ever popped a baby out of your body? If not, don't even enter the race, dude!

You must be a very strong and wonderful woman to be able to do what you are doing and still find the power to come here and release the tension--this is a good and safe place for us all.

Comment

Horrible day yesterday!

:goodjob:
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Horrible day yesterday!

Twosox,
        What a horrendous day and I bow down to you for not caving in. Those days in life are inevitable and exactly the days that we need to learn how to deal with without caving into the AL. So good for you! I consider your day successful!!!!!!!!
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Horrible day yesterday!

twosox,

:l
          Be
          "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Horrible day yesterday!

Today is gonna be WAY betters! Just wait and see!

You did good, hun.. real good!
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Horrible day yesterday!

Well done 2Sox
              what a horrible day. but you didnt make it worse by drinking, feel proud of yourself, you deserve it.
              *Witchy*
              Progress, not perfection!!!
              A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

Horrible day yesterday!

I'm so sorry you had such a sh** day. I hate when that happens. I really hope today was better........

You did really good - be proud. Thanks for venting - that's what we're here for.

Love,
                Uni
                Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                :h

Comment

Horrible day yesterday!

Thank you all for your support, I was just about in tears yesterday, actually I was, mostly due to this horrible outbreak of psoriasis I am dealing with. I did call another dermatologist that specializes in psoriasis, I got his name from psoriasis.org website, and I have a appointment for Feb. 5th.

I had some frustrations at work yesterday, but not to bad, overall my day went a lot better. Still though, I kept thinking I would go home and have a glass of wine, it was terrible couldn't stop thinking about it, but then I also reminded myself how awful I felt last time I drank and instead I went and bought a large chocolate shake, will have to try and work that off this morning.

Today is another day and I am hoping it will be a good one, we have issues with a person who trespasses on our property to get to his and he usually shows up on the weekends, so I am going to try real hard not to get ticked off. He has a few other ways to get to his property but still cuts through our yard.

Need to start my cleaning pretty soon, then some ice fishing, then I think I will hit the hot tub.

Twosox

Comment

Working...
                  X