Made it through day 6 AF! Woo hoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's official I am 6 days sober. Man I haven't done this in I don't know how long, possibly since my son was born 5 years ago. I used to drink about a bottle of wine (more if I could get away with it) per night and I haven't had a drop since last Friday night.

Thanks for being there everyone. I don't post much but I do read, read, read. You all are very inspiring and I think most of all the fact that I see myself in nearly every one of you, and many of you have done sooo well I admire you and that motivates me. It gives me the positive reinforcement I need.

My friends just don't understand. Just last night I explained that I was going to try for 30 days AF and she said, "well after that I think you should keep going, don't stop at 30." I understand her intention but geez don't crush my goal. Normal drinkers just don't get it.

I come from a family of many addicts. Mostly booze. Both my parents, my grandparents, my aunts and uncles, and therefore I even married one!... I am thankful I sort of wrecked my life early on, at 30, and realized. Hopefully I can keep on this journey so I don't pass this on to my son.

Anyways wanted to brag a bit and say :thanks:

Great job! I double dog dare you to make day 7 :lilangel:
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Great Job!

Way to go. Last night was day 2 for me. I am so excited. I look forward to letting you know when I hit day 6. Keep going. I know it's hard but this site really helps.
      :new:

Comment

Awesome job, WYM!!! Amazing isn't it? Bet you couldn't even fathom 6 days without AL a week ago or so, huh?

I'm right behind ya sista... this IS day 6 for me.... and same here... definitely have not had a day 6 in many many years! Or a day 4, for that matter!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

It does get easier. Last night was Thursday which is normally one of the nights I was "allowed" to drink. Started that in my college days, going out on Thurs night to start off the weekend early. Plus I like to watch Grey's Anatomy with wine. I didn't watch last night. Played Wii Fit and went to the gym instead, but I look forward to watching my shows and actually remembering them.
          I also look forward to seeing how it feels as more time passes. However tonight should be interesting since it's the weekend. ???

Comment

That's my biggest problem is having to change the routine. If I could just figure out how to get out of cooking dinner for my family each night, I think it would be easier.
            :new:

Comment

WYM, congratulations! Don't you love the Wii Fit? I used the be the Thu night college gal, too, that's exactly how I started.

Cheeky, could you have something else in hand while cooking? Something non-alcoholic but just for you?
              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Great WYM!!!!! Keep it up. I'm sure you're feeling on top of the world right now.
                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                X