Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Saturday

Welcome ODATers. :yougo:
    Well nobody started the thread and its getting late! So i will be so nice and do it.
    Better late than never.
    Today seems quiet here, seems like everyone is hangover and nobody's got the strength to type.
    Yesterday we had few important threads and I am really impressed how MWO community handled it. I also post my first reply to the person in need. I'm learning.

I really hope you are all ok, and you will come back here soon .
    Life goes on. Please don't worry. Its not easy. We are all on the same boat. We need unity and friendship.

All the best.
    Netty
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

ODAT - Saturday

Thanks for starting Network. I am so negative right now I didn't feel like starting the thread with a negative vibe. I don't know how I survived today, but I did. Completed day 20 AF. It was a struggle not to have a drink, because with AL it is so easy to shrug your shoulders and say ah well. Even with a hangover I wouldn;t care so much about things. Anyway, I didn't have a drink, my problems are still there. The only difference is that I am sober.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

thnx net positive is the only way to think gyco

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

good job everybody and ezzmae especially since you're feeling blue - tis great you stayed strong
        no time like the present

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Ezzmea, the way i think of it. Quitting drinking will not solve all the problems, but dealing with them sober at least give us a chance to fix them. We are stronger and we think clearer. Well, learning with failures is another big thing. Its a long road, although the first step is the most important. Then we can slowly start walking and hopefully and the end we run happy.
          Love

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Thank you guys for your replies, esp o2m. My husband has just pointed out what is wrong with me, PMT, I guess after all these years together he knows the signs better than me. What has being getting me down is the results of a decision that my husband made last november, he knew I didn't want him to do it, and now it has all gone pear shaped. I have been holding it together for a while, I don't want to say I told you so, but it is costing us money and I had hoped to have it sorted before the kids start school in a few weeks.

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Ok, I'm going out. I'm attending big party.
              I know i will not drink or smoke. I know i should not be over confident, but trust me i would not ruin the hard work i put into staying smoke and AL free.
              I have not slept last night due to a good book. (I am like a kid once i start reading, i cannot stop until i finish). I think i am not very patient. The slepless night put me into melancholic mood, which i do not mind. I like to explore different myself.

All the best and see you tomorrow!

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Great post - One2Many...

Today is DAY 14, or... TWO WEEKS. Huh? how'd that happen???

The good thing is that even if I drink again (and if I do - NOT to get drunk!)... I now know I CAN quit if I put my mind to it. And I also know that it's only the first few days that are somewhat difficult (actually, Day 1 is the hardest since that's when you've made the Decision!)...

The process of Deciding is really the most difficult in the whole process.

But then you come to ODAT thread, get the support from all you great people... and Then... it's not so bad after all!! I know I couldn't have come this far without you peeps.

Have a great Saturday (or whatever day it is... Nettie! lol)...!!
                Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

one2many;522341 wrote:
                  Myself......I am finding her, the little girl that I buried a long time ago, hoping she would not resurface, but she has and I know now that she needs to be nurtured, encouraged and loved for her to come out of her shell and shine,
                  it is a way off but I have made the first steps to make that happen.
                  This part particularly struck me for a couple reasons. Just today, I was emailing someone that I felt I was "coming out of my shell" (I've joined a photo group - and just am more Out There!)... but also because my (now deceased) boyfriend wrote me an email (which I kept) saying how he wants to help the "little girl come out of her shell"...

And now that I've taken a peek, it's not as scary as I thought it was (for all these Years!!)...

I have to try hard not to let anything cause me to go back into that dark, lonely shell!
                  Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

14 days savvy shit thats huge!!!!!! well done make it 30 and win the lottery!!!! seriously well done mate youre great its a wonderful feeling that sense of being reborn and i agree every thing oney posts is a little gem its comforting to know there are people like her in this world keeps the courage up
                    Love cap

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Good Morning ODAT. I read your posts and wish you all a great day. One too many, your post is brilliant. It is what I am feeling (exaggerated expectations) and it helped me a lot. I am now sober about 7 months. And wondering where the huge payoff is. You reminded me where it is and just how much being sober improved my life. And I believe that as I expand my "sober life skills" things will improve. To all who are struggling, God bless. Thanks, Matt
                      Matt

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

ODATERS!!!!

Freezing arse cold here in the sunny south. I did'nt let the pipes drip overnight. grrrr.. I'd go out for breakfast but crikey, my hair looks like Bozo! (I love those across the pond words). I'll even use feckin' gobshite again to describe estranged one who made me cry yesterday. I have GOT to get out of that toxic hole. I have a resume, but nowhere to send it. Yesterday seems like a day I just "made it through". Makes me feel cheated for some reason. I felt like I deserved to drink, when really I deserved to be sober. I stayed home from a party not because I was scared I would drink but because I knew I would be bored and didn't feel like faking it. Probably that I would be irritated because I would WANT to drink. OK, enough bitching. Today is a new day and I'll read oney's post a few more times.

Hello netty, oh patient one!
                        Ezzie, I feel a bit like you.
                        Oney.... I just love ya.
                        Gyco, you are always so perky!
                        Savvy, 2 glorious weeks!
                        Capt'n, keep your chin up and take care of YOU!

Hello to all to come. Have a good one. This is the only 1/17/09 there is. Hey, I'm 7 months! I get peppermint ice cream! Yay!

Matthen!! OMG, WHERE have you been? How are you?
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

GOOD GRIEF, GREENIE!! 7 Months?????? Holy cow.

Don't like whoever made you cry. Just had to say that!!

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Well, I drank last night, but, I only had a few and I dumped the last one, so I am not going to beat myself up. I didn't get wasted like usual.
                            I still feel really great and hopeful....So happy to be here!

Ezzmea, hang in there. Be proud of how far you have come.
                            One, what a great post. It is true, so many things to be thankful for when sober.
                            Savon, 14 Days....Wow!!!!
                            Green, OMG! You must be so proud of yourself! So Great!
                            Everyone I missed, ( cant remember all your names yet and I can't go from page to page without losing what I have written...I am so airy upstairs sometimes!) thanks for being an inspiration!

Comment

ODAT - Saturday

Good morning all or afternoon,

Just wishing you all a very happy and AF Saturday, oh and oney I absolutely loved that post, what an inspiration it was.

Twosox

Comment

Working...
                              X