Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday, July 28

Good Morning, Absville!

Sorry, slept a bit late this morning--it's 8am and for those of you who remember my little parking parable from a couple of weeks ago--well, It's time to move the car!!

For those of you who missed it, it has to do with this New York ritual of alternate-side-of-the-street parking--if you're not fortunate enough (or wealthy enough) to be able to have private parking, then you have to park on the street. Not only is it a total hassle trying to find a spot each time you use the car but you have to move the car out of the way of the street cleaning machines, which clean opposite sides of the street every other day...so, now I've got to go out and move my car from where it is on the "wrong" side (we couldn't find parking on the "right" side last night) and double park for an hour an a half while that side of the street is cleaned....have to make sure you move it out of the way ON THE DOT of 8:30a or you WILL get a ticket (they appear out of nowhere--and you can't double park a moment earlier either!); then you'd better make sure it's not still double-parked at 10AM or, yep, you will get ANOTHER ticket!! :s

So, gotta throw on some clothes and go get the car and double park it before I get a ticket!! THIS is why New Yorkers don't generally have cars....off I go!

No pithy sayings, no clever remarks--just another ramble about parking--as I said before, it's a major organizing principle of life here....

And where are all our UK and OZ folks this morning?? I KNOW y'all have been up for HOURS now!

:w Big V--good to have you aboard!

More later--
    Clever Clogs (Well, not so much, this morning!)
    susan
    "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Friday, July 28

Hiya All,
    Big V,nice to meet you.
    Shas, hope you have a good weekend at your mum and dads.
    Nancy,i hope the funeral went aswell as could be exspected, when everything gets hectic like it has for you latley its nice to just get back to a normal routine.
    Bubba, glad you are feeling a bit better this morning,pick yourself up ,dust yourself off and get back on the horse.
    Kathi, well done on losing the weight.
    Nomorewine good luck and nice to meet you.
    Gabby,sadley i did'nt come up with the FRIENDSHIP thing,think it was Ghandi, or someone like that.The thing about being on the other side just made me go crosseyed.
    Kim, my wife did'nt end up drinking last night, but when she does i'll be there with a videocamera.
    Lori,that made me chuckle about our online affair...( how big is Dan ) don't want a 7ft angry husband on my case.
    Hiya Matt & Sobark...
    Think thats everyone....If i forgot somebody i'm really sorry...Absvilles turning ino a city...
    Had a brilliant day with my better half yesterday,nice to spend some time together on our own.It does'nt happen very often,although im deaf in one ear from her screaming on the rides,and my wallet needs a transfusion STAT.
    Take care all and have a good day....Wayne...Mackeral Man ???

Comment

Friday, July 28

Hey Mackeral!

What am I, chopped liver???!!
      :h :h
      susan (aka Clever Clogs!)
      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

Friday, July 28

Good Morning

Hi All to those who've posted and those to come! Susan, you are a great AD for NOT having a car in NY...Gosh, I'd keep it at a friend's outside of the city and catch the train out!! Mercy! And to think that I grumble if I have to park down the street a little ways if all the near spaces are filled so my daughter can have the driveway space late at night!!!
        Wayne, I had the feeling that your better half would support you by not drinking! I do hope your ear and wallet heal soon!! Glad you had some good time together!!
        Welcome Back, Kimber, and Welcome aboard, Big V!
        I'll catch up with everyone else later!

My sister is coming in later today, although I may have a chance to post later this afternoon before she arrvives tonight. We'll be having a very busy weekend, cleaning out my garage. She is moving down here in the fall. She is going to live with me while she gets her bearings and finds a job etc. In the meantime, we will decide if we can live together without killing each other! We may stay here (since my daugher will be doing off to college in a year), or we may buy a somewhat larger single family home together. If we can't live together (we are both VERY used to being the Queen of our own castle LOL), she will have some time to look around to buy her own place. Probably way more than you all need or want to know! At any rate, I am excited because I have lived far away from my family for so long.

Have a great day, everyone!

Hugs, Kathy:l
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Friday, July 28

Susan i am so sorry, thought i missed someone out....I'm a man,multitasking is like shovelling soot with a pitch fork.I am slapping my own wrist as we speak.
          As for the parking, what a nightmare,i gave Bubba some advice the other day about getting a high powered rifle...They work just aswell for traffic wardens...
          Soz Susan, won't happen again, promise....Wayne:l
          LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
          IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Friday, July 28

July 28

Ugh. City parking. I used to have to move my car around as well when I lived in center city Phila. what a nightmare. I had to keep a notepad with where I last put it. Sometimes, the city was kind enough to move it for you.....not to an impound or anything -- just around the block or so if there was an emergency.

My brother is here with his girlfriend and we (husband and I ) are supposed to go to a baseball game toniight with them. It is like a bathtub here. I have no desire to go and dont want to be tempted. Praying for willpower to not a beer or something. Actually, I can have a beer and stop. Wine is another story altogether. But today is Day 4 and I feel a bit better.

Last night I went out to spray for Japanese Beetles which are eating everything. Sprayed the insect killer in my eyes accidently and ended up on phone with poison control and then to ER. Everything turned out fine and no damage (except to my ego when I had to admit how stupid I am that I managed to spray my face -- on which there were NO Japanese beetles.....)

Comment

Friday, July 28

hello all. i've missed you. and wow, look at all of this fancy new stuff i get to play with. i've been away working working. but at least that keeps my mind of drinking. well, i actually haven't thought much about it really. so guess there isn't much there. so, good to see you all so happy and healthy. love and have a great day. kimber

Comment

Friday, July 28

Last time I tried to post the whole site was missing! I have been catching up on all your inspirational posts and getting my house back in order. I am alone this weekend, not a bad thing, and I have a bunch of projects I have been putting off to keep me busy. Like making the curtains I promised to do for my daughter 2 years ago. We leave for the coast and a family vacation on Tuesday. I am bringing the laptop and should still be able to sign on. I find it easier to abstain when away from here - guess it is harder here where it is habit. Hope we all have a good weekend and don't let life wear us down.

Comment

Friday, July 28

Sozzers !

Sorry to everyone in AbsCity.
                  I had taken a vow of silence since to date i have posted approx 4,268,936 posts... - sadly - failed.. so here mouth-almighty goes again...

Macks - Susan's name is Clever Clogs - respeck pleeese. !!
                  Cv's is now The Oracle
                  Macks - self explanatory
                  Kathy - We are liasing on mutual acceptable name. Suggested Lintel - but not aesthetic.
                  RJ - God (ess)
                  Haven't heard from Lou since wednesday - hope it went ok at docs - will send her e-mail.

Magnesium arrived today. - took it after lunch. Eaten 2 banan's for brekkie and an apple. Salad with 2 boiled eggs ( yolks removed - yuk ) and tiny baked tattie. small amnt of grated chees and reduced fat coleslaw for lunch. No sweeties
                  P'raps these meds are kicking in reducing my craving for SUGAR...
                  Hi to everyone else I've inadvertantly missed.

Got to go food shopping now to Asda... I stare at the wine aisles that we do not go down - and pretend i don't care !!!

Right - I swear that I will try to refrain from waffling on like a person on speed.

Bambubba
                  xxx
                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Friday, July 28

:w to Absville! I've found it to be the best group of neighbors I've ever had!

The farm is HOT HOT HOT and steamy too!
                    Hubby on his tractor in the field(he thinks his tractor's sexy) Well if you like the smell of sweat, oil and gas!!

I'm working on a new flower bed next to the house. I have to come in and take breaks from the heat.

Hey Wayne, thanks for the thought but I wasn't the one to go to the funeral! That was Susan.....yeah I know about the male not being able to multi-task. It's ok....as James would say....just let it go!
                    It does sound like you and your Honey had some fun! Priceless!!

Susan how did you mri go?
                    Oh and the movin the car story goes on and on and on............I think I'll stay in hot, humid Alabama!!!

Good to have the new folks and some back also.

Swimming, swimming, swimming.......Hey do you remember the fish in Nemo named Dory? She kept saying "hi...I'm Dory...hi...I'm Dory! Thats me...

Quote from" Childrens letters to God":

Dear God,
                    I'm doing the best I can.
                    Frank

ME TOO, GOD!!!
                    Love, Nancy & Belle
                    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Friday, July 28

AHHHHHHHHHH......
                      I GIVE UP....

Note to self......Get back on drink...at least you new what you were doing.
                      LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
                      IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Friday, July 28

Oh my goodness....you all are so cute and funny in here wish I had the time to a big post. Gotta go to stupid work. Hopefully I will be able to check in this pm. loves and kisses...gabby
                        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Friday, July 28

Hi everyone! Wayne, thanks for inviting me in here. Do you guys just start a new post or two daily?
                          I read the MWO book a while back, got the CD's - which I love - and the OTC supplements, and I'm reading a different book at the moment, trying to psych myself up for no drinks in August. That's the goal.
                          I'm having acupuncture treatments and that, for me, helps takes away the "need" to drink. Now I'm working on the "want."
                          Like any addiction, I've built my life around drinking, and I'm trying to remember what people who don't drink do for fun. Ho hum. I'd love to hear your suggestions!
                          Diane M.

Comment

Friday, July 28

Hey Mackerel,

You ARE doing the right thing! Hang in there Buddy

Matt

Comment

Friday, July 28

Welcome Dieann

:w Hope you find what you're looking for here with us. Awhile back we started a thread with alternatives to drinking. Maybe someone can start one again for new folks. It's also nice to reflect on what we can do sober that we couldn't do drunk. Enjoyable things. I may start one later if no one else does, it's just that I'm a hunt-n-pecker on the keyboard and not so good with words. I do have other talents

Hey Wayne and Nancy: How did you get those cute little animations in your posts? SO cute!

Lori

Comment

Working...
                              X