YIPEEE !!!..I Got a NEW BIKE !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK.... now must be the time to get with a fitness program, for me. Yesterday I walked into our local thrift shop and there she sat...The bike of my DREAMS..
    She is a very neat old vintage balloon tire, BLUE HUFFY beach bike....It was magic. Since she is a Huffy with balloon tires and magic...I named her Puffy of MAGIC DRAGON FAME. I am polishing her up and putting a big basket on front...a loud horn, lights and then Watch out...here I come.
    I am wondering about how many miles would be a good goal to start with ?? I do the stair climber and ab lounger and walk about 3 miles 2 or 3 times a week. Not exactly what I really think that a good exercise program should be...any suggestions are welcome. Riding in sand is harder than on pavement so if it is 2 miles to the beach and 2 miles back...how many miles on the beach would be a realistic place to start without hurting myself ??
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Yes, we want a picture of Puffy!
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Good luck on your bike.......I seem to have mishaps when I get on them ! Ha!( I stick to stationary bikes...less trouble IAD )
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD;524198 wrote: Good luck on your bike.......I seem to have mishaps when I get on them ! Ha!( I stick to stationary bikes...less trouble IAD )
        You crack me up IAD !!!
        When I was drinking, i had a tricycle...ran it into the neighbors car...and dented it...Yicks
        worse part, he saw me do it ...LOL

PICS WILL FOLLOW ASAP...need to get all her gadgets on first...for her first public showing...think i will re-watch Pee-Wees great adventure...doesn't he ride a cool bike it that movie ???
        Suggestions welcome.

Comment

New Bike

Hey I ride a bike all the time. No choice, but have come to really enjoy it. Just wish I lived in the country. I'm always dodging cars. Make sure you get a good lock and use it. I've had 3 bikes stolen in the last 2 years because I didn't lock them and one they just clipped the lock. Try a couple of miles at first or even more. If you get tired you can always walk it. I do that alot. Don't forget a water bottle too. Pleasant riding. :elk:
          Starting over again
          ray:

Comment

New bike

Hey, just saw the picture of ur new bike. Nice! Streamers???How old are you? Only kidding. Ever see the lights you can put on your wheels that blink on and off constantly. You might like them. Vanity plate? There's all kinds of stuff out there..H
            Starting over again
            ray:

Comment

Great ideas...I MUST HAVE THOSE STREAMERS...the colors are perfect..
              I will need a water bottle...maybe just one to put in my big basket ??
              Cars will be an issue...even on the beach. Here in Northern Florida, they let them drive on the sand...Hadn't thought about a lock ???? I may have to look into that.

Comment

Baseball cards and clothespins for wheel accents...what do you think ???

Comment

one2many;524229 wrote: You HAVE to have streamers in the handlebars Evie..that would be so you!

And a big old fashioned bicycle horn...

Oney, You won't believe this but Hubby just walked in with Streamers....Yeah...pics soon to follow.

Comment

Told you that you were a natural psychic...

Comment

COOL Streamers!!

Comment

Puffy will do a slow stripe tease and remember...as she revels herself, it is all because of the genius of Oney..who has let a monster loss by teaching me how to post pics...LOL

Comment

I hope the flowers on the end will spin in the wind...LOL

Comment

I have a Girl Bike too...basket in front, pink water bottle holder, sounds lovely Evie!!! Mine has flower decals too!
                            Can't wait for more pix, nothing is better than a bike!
                            Lila

Comment

A wicker basket with ribbons woven through it!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X