Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 28

Hi all,

Day 28 and it looks like we sometimes struggle and then we upright ourselves to manage another day. . .week . . .month. Here is my email today from the Universe. Think it is quite appropriate.

OK... so... let's talk about something zippier. Did you know that by simply thinking of someone, you can often cause them to think of you?

Thinking of you-
    The Universe

Yes, Judie, the site http://www.tut.com is pretty cool huh? I signed up about a year ago to have them send me a daily email. M-F I get one. Sometimes they are much more relavant than others but always uplifting. Good for you for recoginizing the pitfalls. I have watched the mods group and it seems to me as soon as everyone including myself, is really comortable and not planning is when the slip ups really come. You do sound like you do not overdo the way you use to with vodka. Congratulations on that!

Becca, if you go to abs we will miss you but Kathy is over there right now and you will have great company! We understand completely. . . do you know how awesome it is to have a husband that committed to your recovery? I wish you the best. Becca, the cds really help me. It is habit too after all.

Soccermom, Mary, Happy Birthday!! Hope it is a great day!

Trish in Nebraska :w

Gina, Hope the anniversary dinner/dancing was really romantic! congratulations on 15 years!

Laura, Jen and Deanie, I know that secret drinking well. That was a committment I made to myself early on this program no more hiding drinks. My husband still to this day does not have an idea as he said to me at one point - but you don't really drink that much. . . .oh really! I think I had to fess up to myself after a thread in general discussion that went something like: Where do you hide your alcohol?! Some people were much more creative than I had been but the fact remained I had hidden drinks. (Poor hubby just hought I was a really cheap date, easy drunk.)

One half glass of wine last night. good to not have rum in the house as I may have started with that. Sinus headaches due to the torrential rains we have been experiencing? Just sucking down the benedryl - talk about your topa dopa - Benedryl does that for me!

Hope all you mods have a great day today and a wonderful weekend.

:l :h Mary

Day 28

Argggg I just spent about 1/2 an hour typing in a post on here & lost it to cyber space! The web site said I was no longer logged in ! Gotta get ready to go to town ... no time to do it over... Damn!

Good day everybody!

Happy Anniversary Gina!

Happy B-day trish!
    The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Day 28

Hi all,

Sunday will be day 30 on the mods plan. I plan to do a recap of the month on Sunday or Monday.
      Today a new thing has happend, lots of new stuff happens when you are clear headed for this long.
      We are going to a wedding on Saturday and when the plans were made 6 weeks ago, I made arrangements to go clubbing after the wedding (it's an evening wedding). I told my girlfriend last night that not only was I not going out after the wedding, but using a cab was not neccessary and that I would pick them up and take them and if they didn't want to leave with us after the reception, they would need to get a cab on their own. She is not really happy with me right now. I am happy with me and my husband is fine with the new arrangements, so there!
      Oh, I should tell you that Clubbing is not my idea of fun, but usually when I drank enough, I thought? I had a really good time and be really hung over the next day.

Gina, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, I hope you got to dance your tail off.

Judie, I get logged off all the time, I have to look most of my words up in the dictionary, so I don't sound like a complete dork. My posts have always gone right after I log back in. Sorry this did not happen to you, very frustrating.

Trish, :w

Deanie, keep posting

Happy Birthday Soccermom (Our practice season starts next week, Oh boy!)

Happy Birthday Mary

Good Weekend to you all, see you Sunday or Monday.
      Laura
      Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

Day 28

laura,
        Good for you for changing your clubbing plans. We do what we have to do!
        Soccer season starts next week for us too.
        Trish--drove through your state on the way back from the reunion...lots of corn there in Nebraska! We picked some up and it is delic!!
        Took my kids bowling today for my b-day. Saw a a mom there at the bowling alley (didn't know her) she was drinking a margarita. I was drinking my coke. I felt good about my coke. I will have my b-day wine tonight...will have only a glass full. Thanks moders!
        Sm..mary

Comment

Day 28

Hey All Moderators,
          Glad to back after being gone for several days. Could not sign in under my former (vinophile) name so here I am as JanJan. I'm anxious to go back and read all posts but find new format takes some getting used to. I too feel I need another period of abs. Have had quite a few AF days but have not been as moderate on my drinking days as I would like to be. This is still so tough. I miss wine when I'm not drinking but I'm not happy when I am drinking as I know I shouldn't.
          See you all tomorrow
          Janet

Comment

Day 28

Hi all and thanks for the warm welcomes. I have been searching a long time for a program like this. I am happy to say I started the first of the week and the results are already very apparent. How lovely to get up on Saturday morning without a hangover! I look forward to getting to know all of you over the coming months and working on this together. I have rarely been involved in an on line group of such eloquent, well read and bright women (and you guys too, lolol). Have a great week-end!:l
            Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
            Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
            Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
            : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
            "

Comment

Working...
            X