Glad I am not alone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I am not alone.

Have been cutting back. Working out at the gym. I drink at night (4-8 vodka drinks), not at work, self employed self destroyed. At least I'm growing some of my own food.
    My job has been on the decline for years. Have no money, few friends left, little contact with family, wife has fired the last warning shot across my bow. Scared to try 30 days AF.
    Been visiting this community and trying to moderate for a few months. I'm glad I'm not alone. Moo.

Glad I am not alone.

Hello Moo... and welcome.
    You're right, you are not alone. May I invite you to stop by the Newbie's Nest and tell us a little more about yourself?
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

Welcome Moo and you sure are not alone. Keep posting and reading and definately reaching out to people. I wish you the best.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

We're here and ready to help you Moo.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

Hey Moo, you say you are scared to try 30 days AF right now, why don't you just begin with 1 day AF and go from there, you might not find it too bad and you'll probably feel really good about yourself if you do.

Take care AC x

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

Moo... I was afraid of 30 days AF, as well.... it just sounds so.... LONG, doesn't it?

The last time I was sober for 30 days surely was my last pregnancy, now 16 years ago. But lately... I'm afraid of drinking.... and the consequences... not 30 days.
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

Welcome Moo! - you can do it!
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

hey

Newbies Nest Moo....Newbies Nest....heck, we even talk football there....
                Renewal

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

Hello and Welcome Moo
                  You are far from alone. One Day at a Time dear. We even have a thread for it, and would love to have you join us.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

Hi Moo and Welcome.

Don't be afraid. Like everyone says just take it one day at a time. The first time I got to 10 days AF, and I was feeling great before I gave in. Now I am on day 24 AF and I still take it one day at a time, or in my case one weekend at a time, because that is when I did most of my drinking.

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

Hi Moo, :welcome: Do what the rest of us do. One day at a time. Best of luck. :elk:
                      Starting over again
                      ray:

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

Hey moo, how are you?!
                        Read and post and you will find much help here.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

:welcome: Moo. I agree just one day at a time. Everytime I start thinking of the past or the future I start getting paranoid and have to put myself just in the present to get by another day. Best of luck on your journey. :elk:
                          Starting over again
                          ray:

Comment

Glad I am not alone.

Looks like I posted twice. I din't think my first post took. Duh
                            Starting over again
                            ray:

Comment

Working...
                            X