Starting out

Hi there ID,
    Welcome! How are you doing?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Starting out

I am fine

I want to change my drinking habit.. I am debating the idea about my problem. Approach AA good I feel akward about the program.. My husband drink but a good drinker..
      I have read on the posting many stories similar to mine.. My problem is the wine. I join the running room it does help.. I can drink some days 2or 3 glass of wine or one bottle and stop. Somedays I drink two... I want to stop moderately.. and with the supplement will help I hope to limit my drinking to occasional drinking. As far as AA I live in a small city. I work with the public and a lot of people knows me in that community... Because of
      the stigma about AA people I want to do it discretly by attending the forum.... Will it work I hope
      sigpic Brand new

Comment

Starting out

Well, I think it will work if you make it work for you.
        For me, I know after years of alcohol abuse I cannot have that one or two glasses. But some can. I find the suplements Lglutamine and kudzu really help with my cravings, as does the support here. Some people find that stopping drinking for 30 days (at least) to kick start your programme is a help.
        You have made a great start by posting here and reading others stories.
        Best of luck to you
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Starting out

Thank you starting over

I will stay in touch...
          sigpic Brand new

Comment

Starting out

Have you ever been to AA?

In addition to MWO, I went to AA and found it to be filled with lots of very normal people who happen to have a drinking problem. It is scary to go the first time but the people are nice and it really can help. You might want to give it a try? Good luck and God bless.
            Matt

Comment

Starting out

I got a lot of help from AA too. Terrible terrible nerves, attending the first one, but after that..felt like I was at a home from home.
              Some meetings do have a very negative effect on me tho, but others very positive. It's a case of finding the ones you feel most comfortable at.
              This whole recovery thing is trial and error. ie... finding what helps/works for you, and drawing strength (however slowly) from those things.

Just never stop trying. Thats all.

Regards

Step
              Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself!!!

Comment

Working...
              X