AF DAILY SUNDAY January 25th 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all you wonderful MWOers! Hope you all have a very positive Sunday AF or Mod...
    Me, I am on day 30TH! I could not have gotten here without the help of my friends, Dr's, and all of you fine, struggling, friendly, helpful and informative folks. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

It was a miracle to find this site and I so hope that as we all share, we all learn wellness, and hope as we move forward out of the darkness of this season together toward the sunnier more positive days. Be well, :heart::happyheart::heart::

Hi everyone

have been super-busy for the last couple of weeks - always manage to carve out 30 minutes to read posts at the end of the day, but usually not enough time to write anything. But just wanted to say that I have really found lots of stuff useful for where I am at at the moment - particularly posts on relapses (aka planning to drink) and building in time for meditation/relaxation. And it has been really great to have read all the positive stuff that has been on here and having a really strong sense of people moving forward, even when there are temptations and set backs.

Holidays are over and normal life resumes in about 12 hours .... Uncle Mame's son went back to his mum's today and the house seems very quiet now (apart from the thundering paws of 4 foster kittens!!) I'm quite looking forward to it in some ways .... have made lots of progress on changing bits of my thinking and doing some things differently when I went back to work. Feel like I'm starting to meet some challenges head on instead of making excuses. I was in a swim race yesterday that was very long and very hard, and spent most of it contemplating how this is a bit of a metaphor for my AF life, and if I can do it in a swim then I can do it in other aspects of my life as well! And the support of people here is just like the feeling you get when you get to the end of the race and cross the finish line and there are hundreds of people who dont know you from a bar of soap, but who are cheering you on anyway!!

have a good day everyone!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

and congrats to you Ocean on your 30 days!!!
      Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Greetings everyone!
        What a lovely post Ocean, and a huge congrat's to you on 30 day's.
        Mame, love your metaphor about your race being long and hard, and relating that to af life. And it's great to see you.
        Be well all.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

good post ocean,I'm glad your doing well, like drinking it is a long journey,ups and downs,the best thing about sobriety is you always have your wits about you,the brain can actually think, without stumbling, hahha, have a great day, gyco

Comment

:yougo:CONGRATULATIONS OCEAN ON 30 DAYS SOBER!!:yougo:

That is such a good feeling milestone, isn't it? Onward and forward! Thank you for getting things started in Ab-Land today.

Hi Mame! I love the notion of all those thundering paws. And one set of paws is the kitten that you adopted, right? (now I'm trying to remember his name - I think it's a boy right?!) Congratulations on your swim. How far did you go? It must be bittersweet to have your summer holiday coming to a close with Uncle Mame's son going home, work starting up, etc. It sounds like it has been a good summer overall!?!

Hello Guitarista and Gyco. Gyco you are so right that it's good having our wits about us! I can't really understand how I managed to function in life before - nearly always in some state of buzz or another. When I go to my SMART face to face meetings with folks who have dealt with much harsher consequences of their drinking than I did with my drinking, I realize that I was always just a hair away from being in trouble. It could have been me. Combine that thought with the recent losses in Mary and LVT's communities at the hands of drunk drivers...... oh man am I glad I quit.

I'm totally un-caught up with what's going on here but have been having a wonderful time watching figure skating! European Championships are over and there were a few exciting surprises. I still have to watch the ladies event taped as there was just too much going on yesterday between the two events to see it all! There were also some good surprises in the US National Championships - especially a pair team that has only been together 9 months who came out of nowhere and took the silver medal - they were close to gold. The Men's event is the last to go today and that should be a nail biter between the top two going into the free skate. Not on the events broadcast on NBC, but on the events only on the internet two young Junior skaters have been dressing up as the two guys in Blades of Glory and giving everyone a good laugh out there between skaters. Things will be back to normal next week.

The good news is no dirnking, and other than that strange random thought the other day, no urges to drink. That thought was strange - it didn't even come with "desire" really. It was like an old habit thought. Strange.

Anyway, happy AF Sunday to all! Life is good when we take a big step back and look at it.

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS OCEAN!!! Very well done!

I am in a motel in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Sort of like that long swim race, Mame! I drove 600 miles yesterday and have 700 left to go, on my way home from the house in Florida. So life has been anything but typical the last week: two long drives, followed by a week spent working hard on getting a vacant, abandoned house back into shape. Bringing it back to life. It's a difficult but joyful thing.

I didn't get any exercise other than all the work and running around... and very little MWO time... but no serious thoughts of drinking came to mind. In fact I felt happier down there in Florida than I have felt in a long, long time; and it was not the kind of "happy" that sometimes triggers a desire to drink. More a lovely, peaceful happy. Maybe that is the difference between "joy" and "happiness." The house was my grandparents', it was their retirement home. My grandfather, in particular, loved the water, and boating, and he picked out the property and built the house right on Lake Monroe, on the St. Johns River, and it is truly a lovely place. I have the odd feeling that he is enjoying and appreciating the work I am doing, following a bit in his footsteps.

I have read a bit about the "pink cloud" topic in the thread the last few days, just no time to respond or comment. It's an interesting phenomenon. I think I went through it when I did 3 years AF in AA, years ago. And I do think that the let-down, or gradual diminishment of the positive feeling of relief and achievement, contributed to my relapse. It's certainly something to be watchful for. This time around, I think it feels different to me. Alcohol does not seem to have any residual attraction or allure for me (despite occasional thoughts or urges). I feel as if I am settling into a life without alcohol that is without struggle or drama or angst. It's becoming a solid part of who I am... I don't drink. No big deal. It feels good, feels right.

Comment

Morning all

DG - glad you are enjoying the figure skating! Dont' think i've really watched much skating since Torvill and Dean in the 1980's!!!! Maybe I should get back into it?

WIP - glad the house renneravtions are going well - you sound so positive - and glad you have had time to check in to MWO from time to time

Aunty Mame, Gyco, Guitarista and Ocean - morning to you all too - good to "see" you!

Been swimming this am - 40 lengths - as I said on the abbercisers thread, I love to get my exercise done first thing when i'm all fresh and motivated but with 2 young children that is rarely possible and I just have to exercise when I can. i'm still managing to fit in my 4 sessions a week (usually) which was one of my new year resolutions. Cant' believe it's a month since Christmas - where does time go?

I too have an interest in this "pink cloud" topic. With most of the last 5 months AF (just a brief lapse in Oct) I am really feeling the health benefits of AF now - ie weight loss, increased energy, better skin, better sleep, feel like I did in my early 20's again (i'm 37). Although I "functioned" pretty well on my 30-50 units a week, it's only when you stop for 4 months plus that you really see and feel the benefits and realise how sluggish you were before. I am wary though about getting complacent and how this could lead to relapse - thanks for the warnings folks!

Well nothing really planned for the day, just ironing, tidying up, occupying the kids as it's a cold wet miserable sunday. As others have said though, it's easy to keep your house tidy and in order when you are sober - there is so much more productive time in each day.

Will be back later, take care eveyone

Sausage xx

Comment

First, Oceana, congratulations! 30 days is awesome.

Second, the pink cloud. I just have to remember that daily life has its ups & downs. Quitting drinking isn't going solve any & all problems. I have to do the footwork...meaning I have to:
                  -Take care of myself.
                  -Clear up pending issues w/anybody.
                  -Accept others for the way they are.

I could never have gotten to this sober place wo/all of you. I feel the gratitude that I see in Oceana's message. I'm sure I was desperately typing "alcohol recovery" into the computer when I found MWO. Thank God, because I had no idea how to get rid of the monkey off my back. It seemed permanent.

Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi, hope everyone is having a good Sunday.

Ocean, what a fantastic start to the thread, 30 days - well done, thats a great milestone which should inspire you to take on the next 30!!

Sausage, its cold, wet and dreary here in Kent too, not a good day. I surprised myself this morning and got up at 7.30 and went swimming too. Must be the first time since November. It was a real effort to go (especially as it was so dark and cold) but its always hard going back after a bit of a break. Did 30 lengths and feel great for it. Going to try and fit in a swim midweek after work but I too prefer early mornings, it sets you up for the day somehow.

WiP, take care on your long journey home - thats a long drive after all your running around.

DG, enjoy your figureskating.....we've got Torivll & Dean doing an ice dance competition on tv each week with celebrities (bit like Dancing with the Stars but on ice). Looking forward to that tonight.

Got more washing and ironing to do and roast beef & yorkshire puds to prepare but going to squeeze in some "me" time with my meditation book.

love to all and all to come

Janicexxx
                    AF since 9 May 2012
                    Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Great job Ocean!! YOu too Wip.

Helloooo all, I have a busy day ahead. Having a big birthday party for one of the kiddos, they sure grow up fast :-)

My inlaws are not drinkers so no problems ahead!!

Hope you all have a wondeful day!!
                      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

HI Janice, we crossed. Hope your day is wondeful!!
                        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Good Sunday Morning
                          Congrats Oceana! Yay! 30 Days and no looking back
                          Thanks for all the nice thoughts sent out for my liver! hehe Determinator, thanks for the warning too - thinking now since I'm fine I can drink. 2 months ago I would have thought that. My health was the reason I stopped. But now I realize what a different person I really am. I am not the real me unless I am sober. Well I gotta run, but I'll be back later! Enjoy your Sundays everyone.

Comment

Morning absters!

Weee! a 30 day celebration for oceana! Great job!

Chilly and grey here so I'll try to knock out some indoors stuff I've been putting off.

I went out for oysters last night and they were fat and juicy. I've never had oysters without beer. I did pine for a beer but I don't care for the AF stuff. I wonder if I would have liked a beer or if it was the idea of it that appealed to me. The pairing of beer and oysters has good memories for me. The thought was like a TV commercial and I was in it - laughing with friends...... Oh well, not worth the risk.

WIP if you have a chance, try to get to the aquarium in Chattanooga. Well worth it. And there is a nice little tea shop up the street from it where you can get some really good tea and they have great desserts. I think they have sandwiches too.

Have a good 'un!
                            sigpic
                            Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Good Morning All,

I'm feeling overwhelmed and down today. Another one of my very dear friends has fallen ill. She is in her mid 30's and suffered a stroke this week. She is in the hospital now for care and testing to determine the source. She has three children who are my daughters' ages. They spent the night here last night so her husband could stay with her. I will go to the hospital again today and be there for her additional testing tomorrow.

With another friend sick and being out of work, I am finding it difficult to see the positive side of things (other than I am not drinking nor do I feel like drinking).

Sorry to be such a downer. I normally do not share this side of me that feels sad and down and I thought it might be a good thing to do.
                              AF Since April 20, 2008
                              4 Years!!!
                              :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                              X