ODAT - Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Sunday

This is my first time starting a thread! Kind of nervous, but, oh well! Yesterday was AF and today will be too. I slept better than I have in years and am feeling pretty positive today. I looked at the calendar and realized that I have been AF for 3/4 Saturdays in this month. Believe me, that's HUGE for me! Hope you all can look at and enjoy your successes!

Oh, and I watched a movie last night and remember every bit of it!
    And went to the mall and walked around with my husband before that. We ran into old acquaintances and I remember every bit of that. And I wasn't nervous about whether or not I was looking and acting "normal", because I was! Well, as normal as I can, anyway! LOL!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

ODAT - Sunday

Good Morning Dill and ODATERs to follow,
    Thanks for starting this tread to day Dill. I'm AF for 7 days now. Some times it's been one minute at a time. But minutes add up to hours, then days and so on and so on. Right?
    Hoping every one has a good AE day.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Dill and those to come, Thanks for starting the thread and good for you on being sober. I notice in my own case that the good part of being sober seems to creep up on me. Like you, I am a lot less nervous when I am with other people -- almost can do what comes naturally rather than looking for my next drink and wondering if I am acting "normal". For years I have been treated for depression and anxieties -- they don't all go away magically, but not drinking seems to help smooth things out. But not drinking helps me separate "real" anxieties from imaginary ones. Just a better sense of what is real and what is not. And my profound sense of personal shame is easing. So I hope you all get what you need today and all those tomorrows as we struggle ODAT. God bless.
      Matt

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Good for you Lil -- minutes do add up. Thanks, Matt
        Matt

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

ODATERS!!!!

Man, what a dreary weekend. I could use one of those nice sunny days to work up a sweat in the yard. I'll just have to be patient.

I ate oysters last night. Raw and steamed. They were great! Have you ever had oysters with water and lemon to drink? Me either. I yearned for a beer, but didn't risk it.

Good jobbie on the thread start, dill! You're doing well and you to lil. Matthen you are such a sweetheart - I've missed you.

Have a great day all!

ezzie? you ok?
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Good morning everyone.
            Last week was a rough week. Didnt do very well at being AF yet I am very hopeful and possative today. Went to dinner with my husband last night and had a wonderful time. Had 2 drinks, which is so much better than my typical 100! It felt good to be out and sober!
            Dill, Way to go! I know what you mean about worrying about how your acting when you are drinking. It feels so good to just feel good!
            Way to go lil! I am going to shoot for 7 this week too!
            Mat, That personal shame thing is aweful isn't it? It is good to have some AF days and get to feeling proud again. Keep up the good work!

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Thanks Greenie -- so glad you are still here. Love to you, Matt
              Matt

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Happy sunday, all

Waking up sober and remembering what I did last night is great! I can relate, Dill--glad your movie night is locked into your memory.

Green--I never mastered oysters...have a great day.

Lil--you can do it!

Matt--I know what you mean about separating the real from the AL-induced anxiety. Now we can face the REAL issues we have. Good post.

Blanchie--on to day 7 for you? You can do it!

Everyone els, have a super and sober and happy day thinking about how strong we all are.

I made it through dinner and dancing and drinkong only iced tea last night.

Today will be 5 in a row and also 27/35 and I WILL make it to that.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Happy Sunday, ODATers!

You are all doing very well! Congrats! You are much stronger than you thought

I had quite the kick in the gut yesterday. Got an email from my parents. Apparently, I had a telephone conversation with them last Monday (the day I so utterly and completely fell off the wagon) and I have NO recollection of it whatsoever. It was quite obvious that I was wasted and from what I gather they hung up on me.

I'm horrified. These are the things that make me want to crawl under a rock; that make me feel totally humiliated and worthless.

Ooops.. didn't mean to ramble on like this... sorry! Alright... I shall be off and get myself moving.. you all have a fabulous AF Sunday!
                  Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Oh Dear Lord Sunshine -- just know that we are holding your hand and that the overwhelming sense of shame will pass. We need to work on getting back a sense of dignity -- and overtime it comes back and best of all, it is free. Just know that it does get better. Post a lot and thanks for your honesty. Your experience with your folks is something we all can relate to. We have been there so many times and right now we are with you. Lots of love,
                    Matt

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Thanks a ton Matt!

Yeah, I don't know about dignity. Pretty elusive at the moment. It seems that with each episode pride and dignity slips away a little farther.
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

I believe I can say with NO hesitation, Sunshine, that we have all "been there, done that"!!!!

It makes me wonder if we are people who started out with a greater resilience against shame -- or if, by feeling shame more than the average non-drinking person, we've built up a resistance to it?

Ohhh, we feel shame, for sure. But if we feel it more often than non-drinkers, are we becoming more numb to it? If you only felt shame once/yr. (for example), would it be much more powerful than if we felt it 10 times/yr.??

Shame is a painful emotion. Why do we continue to do things where the outcome may very well be that emotion???

Masochism?

Does one Become a masochist... or are we born that way?

OK - I woke up Philosophical this fine, sunny Sunday morning!

(And I've let AL creep steadily back into my life after TWO weeks AF. WTH is up with that?????)

But, Matt, you're right that the Honesty we have here is Priceless. What a gift to know that I can say (just about!) Anything without being judged, reprimanded, etc. I don't think I've ever experienced such an amazing group of people... I'm proud to know all of you.
                        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Hello fellow ODAT's,

I just made it past my second day and am feeling inordinately proud. Congratulations to all of you for your successes.

Sunshine, good for you for getting right back on the wagon. It isn't easy as I well know. It took me over two months to get back on when I fell off from my only alcohol free stint of only six days.

ODAT I think is the only way I can do this.

Time2Live

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

Susnshine, OUCH! I feel for you. Yes, as others have said before me, I can relate. On the other side, I was on the receiving end of a call like that recently. I didn't hang up on him, but I knew that he was probably not going to remember the call...
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

ODAT - Sunday

smiles, not shame

Sunshine--you made a mistake, that is all. We all do, and you should not feel ashamed, any more than if you had called someone if you were diabetic, had cancer, whatever.

Seriously, when I tell people I have multiple DUI's I mean Dialing Under the Influence (I don't drink and drive thank God).

Anyway, you are back in the saddle again (sorry, could not resist the pun) and on the right road to safe and sober.

By the way--did you ever wonder if riding a horse at -22 degress might have affected your brain cells somehow? :H:H:H:H

Have a great night.

Comment

Working...
                              X