Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing in common new members and old timers

Hi All
    Just reflecting on the the first week of stooping.I think that any one that has some sober time under their belt will say that they didn't think they would make it through that first week.To get through it you will suffer and it will not be easy.We all did. Don't think only you are suffering.Any one that has made it through that can tell you it is hard. A lot comes down to your motivation.If you realize it is life or death and you are fighting for your life you will give it the effort required.If you are just tired of hangovers you are going to have to look deeper for the reason to stop. All that have found this site know they are at a stage in life that al is in control.The longer you let it control you the harder it will be to get it out of your life.
    Many tools available to help you but it will be your determination.Treat al as the enemy it is. Out to steal your life and ruin all that you love.

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08
    Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
    AF 5-16-08

Very well said Caysea. It is hard but VERY worth the initial discomfort.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I agree totally, Caysea! And Starts, yes it is totally worth the effort!!!
      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

yes totally worth it
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Never posted anything online anywhere before...

:new: but was motivated by this very inspiring website, book (which I read a few nights ago), and sensible sounding solution to my problem. I ordered everything possible (fulfilled my impulsive nature) and am awaiting their arrival. I hope it doesn't take long. I really want to believe this works. Never considered myself an alcoholic, but learning about the progessive nature of alcoholism, looking at my genes, and having been drinking more than 1 glass of wine daily for several months, makes me realize I must be a problem drinker in an early/intermediate stage of the disease. Bye now.

Comment

Bianu, Welcome to our family...
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

hi caysea well put,and a very interesting thread,for the sufferer it means hope,all are not in that boat,you d make a good horror film writer,you got my attention,there are some that are worse then others,thnx gyco

Comment

caysee

Great words of wisdom. :thanks::elk:
                  Starting over again
                  ray:

Comment

Bianu

:welcome: Hope to hear from you again. :elk:
                    Starting over again
                    ray:

Comment

Right Caysea.....young or old, new or veteran AF.....you must always be on your guard, IAD.
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Caysea-just finished my first week. I don't ever want to go through that again. Yet I never want to forget how hard it was for me. As Iad said we must always be on our guard.
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Thanks Caysea
                          I really needed to hear this today.
                          :lilheart: "Love is large, love defies limits. People talk about the sanctity of love...love is by definition sacred. Not some love between some people but all love between all people"
                          ~Jennifer Beals~:huggy

Comment

Working...
                          X