• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday, July 30

Hey Abs-bots!

Happy Not Hungover Sunday!
    Still missing you Jane!:l

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! (Oh please don't nickname me Ms. Rodgers...ever, never... thankyou!)

Susan your post yesterday was GORGEOUS!!! Yes, WHATEVER IT TAKES. whatever that means for each individual. And I love your awareness of the process, and the potential harm you can do to yourself in just going against your inner voice. GREAT CHOICE SISTER! We all know what we need to make this happen, somewhere deep down the answers are there, it's just a matter of listening. So thank you for letting us tune into your voice. You're an inspiration! Not to mention Clever... mmm hmm!

Kathy, good for you getting back up & refusing to feel bad. We all know what a shame spiral can do - nothing good. Congratulations on 10 days AF! KEEP ON TRUCKIN BABY!

I'm getting up early to drive to the beach, so I really gotta cut this short. But I'm thinking of you all, and wishing you the best of every little thing today!

:h Deirdre

Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, July 30

Hello

Hi Guys,
    It's actually 5.35pm on Sunday for me so I am back from my weekend and you are just starting your day! Weird! I finally decided that the nicobate lozenges that I have been sucking for 2 years had to go. So I went cold turkey since Friday night!
    Had a great weekend, my parents always make a fuss of me when I go down! Went to Sydney Harbour and down to The Rocks Markets and bought a few things. This morning mum & I went for a long walk along the river and just talked. and I have coped alright till now I have walked in the door of home. Nothing has been done since I left, step-daughter is OK and my darling hubby is in bed having a sleep again (afternoon nap). I feel I have married a really old man! He sleeps every weekend! And when we go on holidays (always only for a week) he sleeps for the first 3 days solid. I know he has a high powered job that does involve alot of stress but HELLO!!!! doesn't alot of other people cope with the same thing as well.
    Anyway I am just B*t*hing probably cos I am stressed! I feel all the best things that I have enjoyed have been taken from me! Drinking, smoking (2 years ago) but I replaced it with the lozenges!!! and s*x cos hubby's too busy sleeping!!!!
    Anyway I feel nothing I say right now will make sense!
    So I am going to leave this stupid rant and you can slap my wrists and I will add some sense in the morning at the end of this (your) day.!
    No, I have not been drinking! I am too busy swimming!
    Shas
    Just keep on swmming, just keep on swimming!

Comment

Sunday, July 30

Sounds like some of you have had a great weekend. Wish there was a beach around here, but we are going to leave for the west coast on Tuesday, so we will get to hear the ocean again soon.

I spent my weekend working on the curtains I promised to make for my daughter a couple years ago. I really hate sewing! As my reward I began work on some pottery test pieces. I am switching studios and when we get back from vacation I need to begin some glaze tests. It feels good to have clay in my hands again after being away from it for too long.

Shas, I hear you about sleeping husbands. What is up with that? My husband is constantly disappearing for naps. I would blame his job, but since retiring he is sleeping more! Guess we have to each find things that work to make us happy, even naps...

Comment

Sunday, July 30

Good Sunday Morning!

Morning All in Absville!

One thing I love about this town is that if you fall off the wagon, another one comes by every day!! Every day brings the chance for a new beginning! So thanks for your kind words, Dierdre! I hope you will be checking in from the beach.

I checked the MY STORY thread, and Ms. Clever Clogs didn't post her story there. Maybe Susan could give a synopis at some point for those who are new to Absville. (Please don't kill me Susan! Your story is truly inspiring! )

Good to hear from you, Shas! Sounds like arriving home was a bit unnerving....I know the feeling. My daughter doesn't seem to even understand the concept of wiping off the kitchen counter after herself!! Keep up the good work getting off the nicobate! I admire you!

I'm still feeling pretty darn good about my clean and uncluttered garage!!! My sister leaves to go back to NY today:s , but soon she'll be down for good and we'll be beginning the adjustment process. It sure has been nice to have another adult in the house!

I'll be starting to sew flags again this coming week for my daughter's color guard. Those of you who have been around for a while may remember sewing flags precipitated my fall from grace back in February, because the other person who was supposed to be sewing came down with pneumonia, and I ended up sewing 44 of the 52 flags that the indoor guard used for their show. I had 5 weeks to do it in my spare time ! I am happy to report that I only have 20 flags to sew and 2 months to do it in. They are very complicated, but also very beautiful!!! I also have a committee of people to help and can farm out some of the work. So I anticipate that this go-round is actually going to be lots of fun! I actually get very "blissed out" when sewing (when not under horrible deadlines that is!); this may actually be a BETTER buzz than drinking. Maybe I'll get started this afternoon!

At any rate, that is all for now. Gotta help my sis pack up her car and get moving!!!

Kathy

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday, July 30

July 30

Hi All --

Its another hot one here. We are due for 95+ days through Friday. Yuck. All gardening must be done before 9 or you'll just melt. The humidity is what makes it so horrible. I just do what I have to do and stay inside. It makes me feel like a slug but at least an intact slug, not a melted slug!

Had a situation (argument, battle...whatever) that was very tempting last evening - so happy I did not open wine as my usual MO would be to finish bottle from dinner -- but having not opened one for dinner, I couldn't finish it. After fight with husband I would have cleaned up kitchen from dinner while drinking remainder of wine. I think he was kind of surprised to come back down and find kitchen clean and me not drinking. It was a good feeling (though it was more spite than actual strength...) So, Day 5 done. On to day 6.

Dierdre - hope you enjoy the beach - be careful out there - watch the sun and heat and all. And I love Happy NotHungover Sunday!
          Shas - welcome back from holiday - it sounds like it was relaxing. I wish my husband would sleep more -- the grass is always greener, huh? Well -- at least he is recharging in his own way to handle high stress job.
          Kris - Sounds like a full day with many different activities! Wish I had talent to try pottery. It sounds and looks relaxing.
          Kathy - I would be overwhelmed by sewing that many flags! (Of course, I can't sew so it would be most intimidating!) Glad you have a project that you can enjoy and engross yourself in. I need one of those. I know what you mean about missing your sister. My brother left yeaterday and I miss him already. Well -- soon your sister will be clsoer and you'll be able to enjoy that relationship even more. What a gift!

Well...have a good day all.

Comment

Sunday, July 30

Hey, sorry I missed you, Kris! Throwing pots is a wonderful thing! I have only limited experience doing that, back in my late teens. Wonderful to get down and dirty!!

And CV sorry to miss you too! How could I miss our wonderful MWO Research Queen?? Shame on me! Anyway, I hope you are having a good day!

And NoMoreWine, good job last night. Not letting yourself use the argument as an excuse to drink was just great! I'm glad that you have a reason to be proud of yourself today!

AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Sunday, July 30

she's baaacckkkkk

Hey abbers!
              I've been off for about a week and a half - no problems, just very busy. I went with my daughter to her university orientation, camping with my son, and working a LOT.
              So, I'm on day 43 (FORTY THREE) of abs - its starting to feel real somtimes, but also continually amazing. I still have some urges, but never tooooo intense. I did have to cut down on the Campral - intestinal problems (nuff said!!! ), so that may be part of it. I'm still lovin the hypno cd's - probably my best weapon.
              Ok, so I'm going to go back and read everything I missed.
              Catch you later......
              Peggy

Comment

Sunday, July 30

Hiya all,
                Not stopping long, just checkin in for today...Just picked my girls up and i'm a happy chappy..
                Day 58,and fealing fine.
                LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
                IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Sunday, July 30

Busy Bees!!

OK, I'm all caught up - and all of you have been very busy - I have several comments, so sorry but this may be a longish post....
                  Welcome to Wayne, Carole, Bambino, Big V, Dieann and Debbie - lots of new folks!!
                  Shas, if you're lurking - Hi, come on back when ready...
                  susan - Thanks for the explaination on fonts!!!!!
                  Matt - did you ever get any feedback on when cravings diminish?? I didn't see anything - sure will be nice, eh?
                  Matt again - What a great post several days ago about coming to grips with our dreams of being able to drink like "normal" people - It is so true, it's hard to finally say "Never again" to our friend. Also, alcohol is such a large part of so many social and special activities. I have recently been having to deal with changing my plans for an upcoming event where I was so looking forward to having some brandy - it was a major part of my plans - and now I will have to find some other way to mark the occasion. Funny what triggers feelings....
                  Gabby - Dang it, those ex-es can be a pain in the a**!! Mine is a major piece of work (borderline personality disorder). Here is what works for me - I will only communicate with him via e-mail. This way no big scenes, no verbal abuse and I have a record of what he says for when he tries to go back on it - I just pull out his old e-mail and send it to him. I am so sorry you have to put up with this, but that which does not kill us makes us strong and DAMN am I strong !!!!
                  Bambino - When I got the hypno cd's, i kept "falling asleep" too, especially with the clearing. I went to the hypnotic tapes site and found this:
                  Q. Fall asleep while listening to the clearing or hypnotic recordings?

A. If you ?wake up? at the end of the hypnotic recording then you were not asleep. You were in a somnambulistic (very deep) level of hypnosis and your subconscious mind brought you out of hypnosis. This is good. If you do not wake up at the end of the clearing and/or hypnotic recordings the question is ?did you enter hypnosis before you fell asleep?. If yes then your subconscious mind is engaged even if you are not consciously. This is good. If no they are still at least 90% effective but I recommend listening to the hypnotic and clearing recordings sitting up or at a time when you are most alert.

So now I know I'm somnambulistic - AND alcoholic WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!

Susan - You are a major gem!! Your post about doing whatever it takes was SO on the mark. I feel I should read it every day! Yes! It is worth it to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to keep on this track - it really is the difference between life and death - physically, mentally, emotionally, socially and any other -ly there is. When things are a little tough I need to remember WHATEVER IT TAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!
                  Gonnastop - HUGS to you! You can do it - the raod is a bit bumpy at times, but amazingly worth it!

OK everybody - good night!

Peggy

Comment

Sunday, July 30

Some more..........

Sorry guys, was posting last night night when a neighbour called in. Wow she never stopped talking and didn't even draw a breathe, I was pretty stressed by the time she left so couldn't add to my post as I had forgotten what I was going to say.....
                    but what I wanted to say was that I think Susan is right about not putting yourself in situations that can sow seeds that lead to slips. That's my situation totally, everything we do invovles drinking somehow! And now I remember Gabby once commenting on that she was being a hermit when she first started abs. So that's what I am going to do this time to ensure that I don't slip. I might only end up going out to do the weekly shopping and nothings else but if that's what it takes, that's what has to be done. The cravings for the nicorbate is worse physically than the cravings to drink! At least it gives me something else to concentrate on!
                    I THINK YOU ARE ALL SO WONDERFUL but my head is so fuzzy that I don't think I can acknowledge everybody individually. besides the group is growing so big!
                    Just concentrate on the positives, forget the slips and
                    Shas

Comment

Sunday, July 30

Test

I think I added an avatar. If I did, it is a rainbow that ends up at a house - the house is mine. Is that cool or what????
                      Peggy

Comment

Sunday, July 30

Peggy,
                        That's great! Is it where you always live or your holiday house?
                        Shas

Comment

Sunday, July 30

House

It's all mine - holidays and everyday...

Comment

Working...
                          X