Mod Squad's Weekly Thread for the Week of January 26th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha! Thought I'd get my oar in quick and start this week's thread. I know I've not been posting much but I thought by starting this week's thread it would give me a chance to keep track of things...

My weekend was great, 2 friends of mine from church got married. It was a joyous occasion and I only had one, yes one drink! Well to be honest I was driving and so that was a good incentive not to drink. Not only that most of the people there didn't drink either and there was plenty of non-al wine flowing! It helps a great deal when the people you're with don't but an emphasis on drinking to celebrate. I posted on another thread that I even got on the dancefloor!

Last night hubby and I had a quiet night in and shared a bottle of wine althought it was interrupted by two phone calls, one from hubby's mum and another from his uncle, each lasting half an hour each... GRRRRRRRR! Said to hubby next time we make a point of not answering the phone. He agreed.

Oh and the office is just about sorted, everything is more or less moved in and all the walls plastered.

Anyway, have a great week modders!!! Hope you'll all post soon so I can catch up!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

congrats vlad im sure glad your doing better,i t seems you ve found a wayto control, i bet hubby enjoys your company as much as my wife enjoys mine now,have a great week,gyco

Comment

Well done, Vlad! :goodjob: And Happy Monday, Mod Squad!
      "When she enjoyed her drinking she couldn't control it, and when she controlled it, she couldn't enjoy it." (from The Big Book)

Comment

Happy Monday Gyco and Sara!
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Yes, that is great, Vlad.
          I, on the other hand, am NOT doing as well, so may need a push from all of you! Hi there, Gyco!
          Sara, are you doing okay today?
          Lila

Comment

Ready to give a good push Lila! What are you up to today?

Currently on lunch and drinking BEER... but of the GINGER variety, LOL!

Comment

Hey Modders,
              It is stinking hot today and I am batteling to think straight so i'll keep it short and sweet.... just wanted to say HIYA ALL!
              Oh and now I have this image of Vlad shakin it on the dance floor.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Hi Deebs - I've just turned up the heat on the thermostat next to my desk - we have several to control the temp around different areas of the office.

Imagining me dancing, huh? No I don't cossack dance, can't say I haven't tried though...

Comment

It definetly put a smile on my face imagining it.
                  I am very ashamed to say but you would never catch me shakin it without a lot of dutch courage before hand - quite sad really how I've always relied on AL for fun.

Vladster, wave you arms the poor dudes dancing are in the dark lol!!
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

:H:H:H:H:H

Comment

hi Vlad and Deebs
                      I am going to work, part time retail job...
                      I still have it in my head that it is glamorous and civilized to have a wine with dinner, or before bed. And then a few more, maybe...
                      Tonight I will try to stick around the boards and see if that helps.
                      Lila
                      just saw the dancers...I haven't danced in YEARS!

Comment

Hi modders- and good day to you all!

vlad- thanks for starting our week off. Sounds like you are doing great. I've heard no mention of the voddy monster. :H I like to dance, but don't do enough of it. Never tried the Russian variety-looks painful!

Lila- how is the perm. make-up settling in? Regarding the nighttime drinking time- Stay close to the boards in the evening when
                        temptations hit. Take some L-glut too. 1,000 mg. at 5p.m. does wonders for me.

DeeBee- I can relate to the heat! Can you get out and swim at all? While at a local gourmet store I discovered some wonderfull juice from South Africa called Ceres. The mango is so good! I think of you and wonder what it is like there. When out at parties I too would always need a little "dutch courage" to shake it but am learning to do it sans AL. Such a growing experience!

Where is our beloved Kid? I miss him!

Sara and Gyco good to hear from you this morning. Anyone wanting to jump into the squad- you are always welcome to join us!

Well my life is in a great deal of turmoil right now but the good news is that I am staying sober. I have never dealt with challenges as an adult without AL before and this is a new and different experience. I am determined to moderate occasionallly and be AF most days. Staying close to God and MWO is what is getting me through this. Thank you all foryour help and support.

Blessings to you all!
                        Toughen up!

Comment

Hi all!

I put this on a wordpad earlier and thought I posted it...I guess not. Thanks for missing me DM, you're a sweetheart!

(from earlier)
                          Vlad, my crazy Russian friend!
                          Thanks for starting the thread up this week..We are rolling now!
                          It's Monday again, my favorite day.
                          I got up and did the usual; made HHGs breakfast and Cat's lunch.
                          I'm not car-pooling. So this time is all mine!
                          Almost...
                          I'm on my third load of laundry; my second pot of coffee and I had to clean the kitchen because my resident culinary genius loves to cook,but clean up? Not so much!
                          I walked Lazydog but had to come back after 45 minutes. There is much snow and salt and his little pad picked up a limp. He seems OK now, lying by the fireplace. Maybe he was faking!
                          Last night after 3 days AF (which I highly recommend) I bought a beer on the way home.
                          I had a tiny supper, read a bit, and spent some time with the family.
                          I noticed, late in the evening, that I barely drank half of my beer.
                          I have that clarity and energy this morning of having not had ANYTHING to drink.
                          I like this!
                          The Mod Life is the Good Life!
                          Well, guys..the dryer beeped; I need a shower, and
                          "I've miles to go before I sleep"
                          ~KID~
                          It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that brings us happiness.
                          ~ Charles Spurgeon

Comment

Hi Kid - sounds like you're doing well.

Delta - good on you staying sober throughout the turmoil. Sticking close to God is a good strategy - He is great!!! It's only through God (He told me to post on MWO in the first place), that I've got to where I am now!

Right got to make some dinner as I've got to be out soon.

Comment

Oh yes, just overlooked something. Posted on the 'Honesty' thread that VLAD IS TRANSPARENT. Just thought I better say for Kid and Delta that I'm not Russian and just speak it. Vlad is a nickname from church for that reason.

Comment

Working...
                              X