Can't Stay Sober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Stay Sober

First posting...had another bottle of wine last night (my drug of choice). I've long known that I have a problem, but can never seem to stop for any length of time.

There are so many triggers to drinking for me. I drink if I'm happy, angry, sad, irritable, or anxious. I celebrate and drown my sorrows with wine.

I'm a "functional" alcoholic, but recognize that I am weak when it comes to controlling my drinking. I need help, but am still determined to do it on my own. Suggestions?

Can't Stay Sober

hi obviously not your here it takes time do the 24 hour routine it has benefits dinner all be back good luck gyco

Comment

Can't Stay Sober

well im back toughest thing youll do its like an alergy it will never leaave you, were a different breed,even when you stop it will bother you like hell,by the way im on your side ive been doing this for years,coming here will have its benefits but heed my words some will tell it as it is, not as harsh as AA BASICALLY THE SAME PRINCIPLES WERE ON YOUR SIDE I NOTICE NOT A LOT Of comments youll be fine just check in once in a while gyco again

Comment

Can't Stay Sober

Welcome!

Suggestions: read the MWO book; read the "tool box" thread the forum under "Goals" > "Monthly Abstinence"; spend some time here, getting to know the folks and letting us get to know you (it helps hugely to have a supportive community!); get a good plan, gather together your determination, and put the alcohol abuse behind you!

Comment

Can't Stay Sober

I need help, but am still determined to do it on my own. Suggestions?

I'm still pretty new here. But I've been drinking for more that 30 yrs. so i'm not so new at that.

Maybe you can stop on your own-but why? There is so much help and support here and out there. My suggestion is come back often read everything you can, post often.

So I hope to see you around the boards.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Can't Stay Sober

hello, i am a drunk... this is my first time here. i am drunk now. had 9 beers in 3 hours tonight. need help!!!

Comment

Can't Stay Sober

wine

:l
              Vulnerable;530036 wrote: First posting...had another bottle of wine last night (my drug of choice). I've long known that I have a problem, but can never seem to stop for any length of time.

There are so many triggers to drinking for me. I drink if I'm happy, angry, sad, irritable, or anxious. I celebrate and drown my sorrows with wine.

I'm a "functional" alcoholic, but recognize that I am weak when it comes to controlling my drinking. I need help, but am still determined to do it on my own. Suggestions?
              too much is not good .. eat something now
              sigpic Brand new

Comment

Working...
              X