Up North Girl Sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up North Girl Sunshine

I don't mean to call you out in this thread...but I was so wanting to hear from you two...when I read your posts, I laugh, I cry, I understand and I feel what you are going through. I will first off saying...you both are so far ahead of me in this process...but I am wanting with my whole heart to give it ago. I feel I relate to you two soooo much! !It is because of your honesty and "putting it all out there" that makes me soooo much more want to do this. You've shown that's it's hard, but not impossible...and we're not 'perfect", were human....I love it!!! Anyway...long story short...thanks for your inspiration, I got my stuff in the mail today....and today (well tomorrow actually)...I start the (better) rest of my life!!!!:thanks: :l
    "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
    7/29/12

Up North Girl Sunshine

You go girl!!!

You ARE a girl, aren't ya??? :H

You know, SD, one day you may think you're ahead of the game and the next day you find yourself flat on your arse... (speaking from experience here). As much cliche as it may be.. it really IS one day at a time.

I'm totally flattered that we inspired you to try harder - trust me I don't much inspire myself most days. I wish you all the best - and if you're in trouble... pm me anytime.

:l
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Up North Girl Sunshine

me? A role model

Wow, SD...thanks for the props and I really do appreciate it. Makes my day.

But don't hold me (or any of us) too high up 'cuz when we fall, it's really going to hurt!
      I think everyone on this site is struggling with demons, and the little creep AL is a stalker, if nothing else. I know that every day the thought of having a drink crosses my mind a dozen times. Don't kid yourself, I want it bad!

I believe that this site, the help of a good therapist, the program...all work in tandem. But most important, this is the first time I have ever been able to truly open up about my drinking without judgment, reprisals, shock, disgust and other negatives that just made me feel worse. And, of course, drink some more.

SD--your battle is our battle--we are all in this together. None of us stands alone. UNITED WE STAND...as the saying goes. Don't ever forget to find your inner strength--it is there waiting for you.

Hugs.

Comment

Up North Girl Sunshine

Thank you both for your encouraging words!! I really appreciate it! I took the supplements this morning...why can't AL taste like that nasty drink mixture!?!?! HA! It will be tonight that will be the real challenge for me...I've come to establish quite a routine. I'm currently reading the book---listened to the CD last night, but don't think I got much out of it...probably not very effective if you've been drinking...I WILL listen to it sober tonight!! Have a great day and thanks for your reply!!
        "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
        7/29/12

Comment

Up North Girl Sunshine

Hey. I totally have to agree SD!!! Sunshine, Upnorth. Luv you girls. and I am a guy but I mean this in a total plutonic way

You girls rock!!!!
          AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Up North Girl Sunshine

Awwww... thanks Johnnyh!

SD, you'll have to let me know how you like the CDs. From what I have read before, it may take some time until they actually work for you... as in YOU have to be in the mood and able to relax enough, etc...

Then again, there are people who really can't get into the hypno thing at all... I'd like to find someone who doesn't like the CDs and will sell them to me for 1/2 price! :H I'd hate to spend that much money and find out this isn't for me

Anywho.. give it a week or so and see how you like them! And report back! At ease, soldier
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
            X