Happy Aussie Day:(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Aussie Day:(

Well we had Australia Day here yesterday and like a true Aussie I was smashed.... Why, why, why when everyone else enjoys a few "quiet ones" I need to finish everything in the house??? Part of me wishes I hadn't come clean and told my husband how bad my problems were. He was quite unaware of the depth of my "little problem" and although I was miserable he was happy. Now even though he has tried to be supportive I catch him giving me disapproving glances. He can take alcohol or leave it, he DOES NOT GET IT!!! I Think he actually just thinks "why don't you just stop??" ........ Great idea, why didn't we think of that??? Problem solved I guess ha.

xx Summer09

Happy Aussie Day

Do not be so hard on yourself, Summer. We all have slipped. The thing to do now is to get up, toss the booze, and start fresh. Do not make it worse by feeling bad about being human (and I am quite sure hubby is not perfect, so don't even go there girl!).

You did well by coming here and letting us all know that we need to support you more, and send you love and strength. YOU ARE NEVER ALONE in this battle. :h

Comment

Happy Aussie Day

You remind me of me

Hello there, I've never posted anything on this site before but listening to your little tid bit just reminded me of me, Im also an aussie had the barbie on the beach and as usual the only women to drink a whole bottle of wine and then still looking for more, Im always the one to keep on drinking its so damn frustrating and yes always looking with envy upon the other females of my family who either don't drink or can take it or leave it, my husband is also a take it or leave it person with no understanding of this addiction although he tries to be supportive. I receive comments like "use restraint" "just stop at two" um ok SURE THANKYOU FOR YOUR WONDERFUL ADVICE BECAUSE I'VE NEVER TRIED THAT BEFORE!! So I just want you to no that I understand how you feel as all would on this website and you are not alone.
      sigpic
      Where ever you go, there you are

Comment

Happy Aussie Day

Hey summer.

New day, new start.

On a lighter note I had a fantastic Aussie day here in South AFrica after we smashed you guys in the One day cricket :P (sorry. I just couldn't help it)
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Working...
        X