AF Daily - Tuesday January 27th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, I'm going to check to see if I did this right....

You did it right!

A good, very early morning abbers!

I have been up since 2:30am this morning with a sick child. Poor thing threw up everywhere. The bed, the floor, the couch and on her housecoat. I have a bucket and a towel set up, but it never lands where I want it to; especially with a 3.5 year old.

It is starting to snow outside. I hear we are in for a good dump today. I am happy about that. I actually love the snow. We don't get it often and were lucky to have a white Christmas this year. So it doesn't bother me one bit!

Well, I shall go for my 3rd cup of joe now. Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Hey, I did! I have never started a thread before... didn't want to mess it up.
      Today join the wonderful clup of 30 days af! :danthin:
      I can't believe it. This is the longest I have gone without drinking since I started drinking 10 yrs ago in highschool. I started this whole process out not knowing what my goals were, and by NO means expecting to find such a special place to come and read and share.
      I have no idea how I even found MWO that 1rst night af. What a blessing. Thank all of you. There is no way I could have done it without you. Most inspiring is how serious you all are about the importance of our sobriety. Thank you and have wonderful Tuesdays!

Comment

afm- Hope the little one gets better soon. Poor thing Enjoy the snow.

Comment

Thanks. I just had to run over to her with a towel. Eeesh - she is pretty sick! If I try to give her any medicine she screams. LOL. Oh, it is going to be a loooooong day!!!

Congrats on your 30 days stargirl!!! Way to go!!!

Comment

Stargirl
            Thanks for starting us off, and congratulations on your 30 day milestone!!!! :goodjob:
            AFM, you both will need a nap this afternoon (sounds like a long night!), hopefully your little one will feel better and you can both get some rest.
            Not much on the agenda today, have my day off, run a few errands and see what the day brings. Another snow/ice storm will be upon us tomorrow..I am really feeling wintered out!!!
            Will check back later, hope everyone has a great Tuesday....
            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Congrats, Stargirl! You must feel very proud.
              I don't feel like I belong here on this thread as I still haven't managed a 30 day stretch and am still working on getting the committment level where it needs to be. But I come to this thread to read because it is so inspirationial. It's the most valuable thread on the forum for me personally. So, I hope you all don't mind if I pop in once in awhile. I haven't so much to contribute yet but you all have my admiration and supportive thoughts.

Hope you all have a great day!
              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

dill, you or anyone else can post here or anywhere in this forum! Whatever helps, right? Stick around, eh.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS, Star!! Feels great, doesn't it?

AFM I hope that child is better SOON!! For her sake AND yours!

Hi Charlee... Dill it's great to have you around, and there is NO rule or expectation that people who post here must have spent 30 days AF! Please do post when you feel like it, let us encourage and help you when we can, OK?

Busy day today I have a lot of work piled and and am getting ready to go BACK to Florida (flying this time!!!) to take care of some urgent plumbing stuff, make some decisions (I hope) about fencing and windows, and final decisions about the paint for the outside of the house....

Comment

Star, congrats on your 30 day mark and your new thread starting skill!!

Accountable, I sure hope your babe feels better, you know I understand. It sure is tough to function when your tired.

Having a tough day already. Work stuff.... :-(
                    Gosh I hate being a responsable adult.

Hope everyone is well, happy and sober.

xoxo nat
                    Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

morning wip...we crossed
                      Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Dill, stick around!!!.......Keep reading and posting and when you are ready, you will know. I can't tell you how many times I told myself I was ready...but deep down I knew it wasn't 100%. When I finally decide to take that plunge I knew. I was finally ready to say goodbye...I went throught the anger, the sadness and mourned the loss of a good friend, but I also knew it was a chance for me (as I was running out of them both physically and mentally) to start anew. I had to look at this as a gift, a gift from me to self and I had the choice of what the rest of my days would bring....Hang in there and please don't ever feel like you don't belong on this thread. We are all learning......
                        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Dill: A lot of us wouldn't be at this thread (myself included) if we needed 30 straight days of sobriety. It's the intention that counts, & Charlee is so right. When the time is right, you'll got for it & succeed. In the meantime, do not give up. I'm so glad that I didn't. I don't have 30 days yet either, but I intend to do it. I haven't had a drink since the day before new years eve. I've never felt better.

I do know how you feel though. I feel as if I can't really share on long-term abs or even tell my story on the story thread until I've had a significant number of AF days under my belt. I'm using those two forums as a goal. Then I'm going to become an active part of those forums.

Finally, stick around. You'll gain so much strength & wisdom from the folks here.

Stargirl: I was just on DrinkTracker filling in my zero for yesterday. I noticed you have a perfect score. Congratulations. Mary
                          Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                          October 3, 2012

Comment

Mary
                            Noticed your drinker tracker is filled with all those lovely zero's for the month....Pretty sight...isn't it?
                            sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

Wise words for Dill, Charlee and Mary are so right, best wishes and good thoughts for Dill

Comment

Working...
                              X