Day 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 30

Thought I'd start day 30 since the day is half over (here in Nebraska at least - LOLOL) It's a little after noon and already 93 degrees heading for a high of 102. Snow and blizzards are beginning to sound attractive...Hope everyone one had a fairly successful Saturday night. I had a few more than planned last night - dinner was late. I'll be better tonight since tomorrow is a work day. Going in a few minutes to "Street of Dreams" new million $ plus homes just built - I'll never come close to having one but it's fun to go see how the other half lives. Also going to pick up the xtra supps - L-Glut, GABA and Amino Complete. Sure seems like we're swallowing a lot of pills but it sure seems to be working. Everyone have a great day!
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

Day 30

Hello everyone

I also hope everyone is having a wonderful wonderful day today!! Just wanted to say that I want to add another rule to my list: No chardonnay for me if i have already had beer and no wine at all during the week ever.No excuses. This might be hard for me. While I did not go overboard last night, I had a couple more than I planned to. I had beer (and had no problem with that - had no problem drinking that slowly and drank it waaay slower than even people i consider to be very moderate!) but when I had a couple of glasses of chardonnay, I sensed that this could be where I might be tempted to drink a few more than planned....though i didnt and the urge was nothing like before....
    Anyways so my rules are now
    1) No sneaking/hiding drinks
    2) no wine during the week ever - no wine if i have already had beer(this may be further tweaked - may take out wine altogether)
    3) No morning drinks.
    Hugs all!
    Jen
    Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Day 30

Day 30

Hey Jen,

I like your "rules" for yourself. I have just adopted the no wine during the week too! I have done it now for two weeks. Unbelievable...only two glasses last night at dinner out with my hubby. Sipping, not guzzling. Since I ordered a new chardonnay I hadn't had before, I savored the flavor and enjoyed it. Even encouraged my hubby to sip some. Thought he would enjoy it. He did. He had a beer. I wasn't compelled to drink any more. More unreal, was we didn't even sit down to eat until 8:30pm. It was a fabulous summer evening and we strolled through some shops and just hung out. Twenty four days ago I wouldn't have believed it possible to not start drinking at 5pm. I will only be drinking on Saturday nights. I would like to get to the point where I may not even drink on Saturday if I don't "feel like it". Wow... sounds good. One more point, my family has noticed my lack of drinking. They are so proud of me. They have noticed a change for the better in me. Me too! Have a great Sunday to all my friends at MWO!

Hugs,

Deanie

Comment

Day 30

Proud of you all!!! Deanie---like you, 24 days ago, I wouldn't have believed I could have some of these awesome nights I am having!! Now, I did have a few glasses more than I wanted last night too---what was in the air last night??? but, we're working it, aren't we?! We're getting there.
        Love the rules! I am a teacher and school starts for us next week-----I have had a very productive summer discovering MWO and look forward to going into the classroom and having a much better year than I did last year...oh, what the hell, the past 15 years! Okay...my rules:
        1. absolutely no drinking before 7pm
        2. no drinking more than one type of beverage (ex....no beer and wine...or no margarita and than wine)
        Jen---I'm not quite ready to commit to the no wine during the week...but I'm so proud of you!
        Trish---Enjoy the Street of Dreams!
        Have a great evening!! Love you!
        Sm-Mary

Comment

Day 30

Hi. I've been reading posts on this site for the past week. I ordered MYO book and purchased lots of the supplements--didn't want to wait for shipping. I'm going to follow your lead, Jen and Deanie, and try to stop drinking wine during the week. Wine is my demon!!! I've found all of your posts very motivational. When I have at least a few days of sobriety strung together..I think I'll feel more comfortable contributing. Thanks for all of the honesty and information. I feel very fortunate to have lucked upon this website.

Julie

Comment

Day 30

Hi moders from gabbers. I'm with you Trish, the snow storms are soundin good right now. I think we blow all the snow over there to you but I'll just take the cooler weather for now. How is everyone else hangin in there with the heat? Gabby

Gabby :flower:

Comment

Day 30

Hi Trish....and others...I also feel very fortunate to have happened upon this site...this is truly, the beginning of the best part of my life...I feel very motivated and hopeful about the future. Thanks to all of you for just being who and what you are.

Elfie

Comment

Working...
              X