Trying to become AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to become AF

Hi :new:. I'm a 20 year who drinks several times a week and it really affects me badly. I become even more isolated then when sober. I just want to kick the habit and enjoy life without having to drink myself numb. I'm probably what you would call a really unfunctional alcoholist. Everything gets affected severely and even though i don't drink everyday. Hangovers just leave me depressed, sad. I don't like the mood i get into when i'm drunk, i get depressed and even though i have a hard time admitting it, i sometimes weep whilst drunk. I constantly end up thinking about my childhood and my aggressive father, i think that's a trigger.
    So anyway, i noticed this forum and the great and active support other people seem to give each other here, so i finally decided to truly fight it!

Trying to become AF

Ahoy there Entity, and a great big welcome to you! I suggest you have a good browse throughout the forums and threads - the Newbies Nest and ODAT (one day at a time) thread really good for newcomers. So uplifting to see you here at the age of 20, identifying with your problem at such an early stage....WELL DONE! All the very best x
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Trying to become AF

Hi Entity, welcome to the site. I was new here too about 3 weeks ago and there are new people joining all the time. It's a great place to start and you've made the first step by acknowledging your problem and looking for some help.

There are loads of great people logging on all the time, some with awfully sad stories to tell and equally amazing achievements of how they are sorting their lives out.

I wish you every success beating this.

AC x x x

Comment

Trying to become AF

Welcome, Entity

Not to make a huge deal of it, but....this site is AWESOME and will probably save my life.

Come here as often as you need. Say what you are feeling, share your failures and your successes. The great thing is, there is no criticism, no judgment, just love and support. You can do this!:welcome:

Comment

Trying to become AF

Welcome, Entity!

I'd also like to invite you over to the Nebie's Nest - it's a wonderful place to ask questions and get to know your fellow new comers.

I have to say... It's AWESOME that you're looking for help at the age of 20!

All the best to you!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Trying to become AF

Welcome to MWO...great to see a young person thinking ahead...i look forward to getting to know you.
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Trying to become AF

Congrats on finding the site. I started when I was 16(now 38). I admire your willingness to admit alcohol has been a problem in your life. I denied it for 23 years. Of course I'm a self admitted alcoholic now and I would like to stop as many people before they get to my point. Be open to everything until you figure out what works for you!!!!!!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!
              PAW:nutso:

Comment

Trying to become AF

Thank you all, i'm really happy to be here. It's nice to know that there is such a support out there. Before i found this forum i really didn't know that such nice and understanding people existed out there. I guess i kinda got stuck in the feeling that people didn't care, anyway, superexcited to be here. I'm off to check the nest right now and ODAT. I don't wanna make a misstake, is the newbie nest a place for new people to post reagurly? I just wanna be sure :thanks:.

Comment

Working...
                X