Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here goes, my 3rd time lucky af.

hi everyone,

today has been a tuff day for me, i'm going af and this is my 3rd time trying.

today is Day 2.

Its so damn difficult but i do want to quit drinking as drinking has affected me badly just recently with doing self harm to myself after having 6 beers and a long history of myself binge drinking which has got me into serious trouble with good friends of mine over the last 5 years.

I just want the pain of my past to go away, and now i do believe it will if i can stop drinking all together.

To be honest i get bad after effects from just having 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks, due to the come down off it, i just feel like having more but i know its not a good thing to do but my mind hates me for moderate drinking as i just want more and more.

honestly alcohol is a big pain, one solution is for myself to quit drinking.
    AF since 30/07/09.

good luck mate!

Comment

You are sounding strong and positive -- you can do this!!!

I found myself glued to the site my first week AF, it''s a great way to distract me when I am craving a drink.
      Have you tried "chat" yet? Another great tool which I found really helpfull.

Good luck!
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Sounds like you're on the right track Best of luck to you and stay close!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Good luck Luke -- AL is the enemy and it is worth the battle to get off it.
          Matt

Comment

You sound like a wise man Luke.....Kick AL out and real life begins !!!
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Hi Luke.
              I hope you find the way...

Comment

Thank you all so much and to everyone who has replied to me already a big thank you goes to you. :thanks:

I'm doing great and feeling great everyone being af. :h

Day 3 approaching for me.
                AF since 30/07/09.

Comment

Good on you!!
                  Keep plugging away and just watch those days add up.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Working...
                  X