I'm new to this forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm new to this forum

I just found ya'll today. Today is day one for me. I've had a lot of starting over AF. I am so glad I found this website. I have read a lot of the threads. I feel so comfortable here. I didn't know that there were so many struggleing with this crazy addiction.:new:

Edited:

I have bumped this thread up for any newbies here. I am now 70 days AF thanks to MWO!
    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

I'm new to this forum

:welcome:aprilmoon. You came to the right place.. Alot of sincere members here who are more than happy to guide and help you on you journey to becoming AF. I'm new myself with 11 AF days. I don't think I could have done it without the help of this forum. Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself and we can go from there. :elk:
    Starting over again
    ray:

Comment

I'm new to this forum

hey

Hi Aprilmoon...and welcome. You've come to a great place....I'd like to invite you to join us over at the Newbies Nest thread.....it's a wonderful place for people starting out such as yourself.........all the best,
      Renewal

Comment

I'm new to this forum

Welcome, April! Read a lot, post a lot, find your place, and DON'T GIVE UP!!!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I'm new to this forum

:welcome: and good luck. Its atough battle but this place has some amazingly supportive people to help. Have you read the book? Do you have your plan, supp? Thats the first step. Sending good wishes your way!!

:l
          Ak
          :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

I'm new to this forum

Hi, April, again! After my post, we talked on chat. Hope to talk again soon, O.K.?
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I'm new to this forum

welcome
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

I'm new to this forum

Welcome. I'm new too. And this is day 1. It;s great to encourage one another to do the next right thing and to be good to ourselves and our bodies. I seem to always forget that though and end up drinking again. So, I will continue to use this wonderful resource. It is good to get enouragement and inspiring stories. Take care

Comment

I'm new to this forum

Aprilmoon, nice chatting tonight and big welcome! you sound enthusiastic....so glad this community has been a life saver for me.
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

I'm new to this forum

Hi April Moon and :welcome:

This community is wonderful - never judging and always understanding - stick with it and we'll all be here for you.

Good Luck :goodjob:

Bx

Comment

I'm new to this forum

Hi Aprilmoon.
                      I'm glad that you found us.
                      Best Wishes.

Comment

I'm new to this forum

mary ann;531777 wrote: :welcome:aprilmoon. You came to the right place.. Alot of sincere members here who are more than happy to guide and help you on you journey to becoming AF. I'm am new myself with 11 AF days. I don't think I could have done it without the help of this forum. Why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself and we can go from there. :elk:
                        My story. I started drinking in my late 20's. I was dating a guy who liked to drink and it was all new to me. We got married and stayed drunk most of the time. I was able to work and go to church just like I always did. I just found something that made me feel good/different and I loved it. We got divorced and I would go thru times of drinking a lot to stopping for years. I really have no idea how I started back drinking. I really don't there wasn't a tragidy or anything. I guess I just wanted a drink.

I lived by myself and it was easy to drink when I got home from work. I have always had a problem sleeping so I used that excuse to drink.

I met my husband in 1997. I told him about my drinking before we got married. It was with his love that I didn't need to drink anymore. He does not drink. Well, he tells everyone he drinks a 12 pack a year. He has had beers in our fridge forever. I don't like beer. Rum is my poison.

Last January I had a wake up call. My liver numbers were up and I admitted to my doctor that I knew I drank too much. She was very incouraging and I told her I was quitting drinking. During this time my Daddy went into the hospital. He had Congestive Heart failure. I knew I had to be sober to be able to help him and Mama. I didn't want to be drunk if they needed me to come to their house for him. I actually spent the night with my parents the night before he died. He died in my arms as we were getting him ready to go to the doctor. Even that did not make me want to drink. I had to be there for her. It was a must be sober time in my life.

Then April 20 2008 came. I was at a gas station with my Mama when my husband called me and said I needed to come home. One of our dogs got run over and he needed to get her buried. She was 9 years old and she was stupid and chased the UPS truck. I was heartbroken. I stopped at the liquor store and got my rum and prepared myself to say good by to my little buddy. I have been drinking on and off since then.

My husband is so wonderful. He knows that 2008 was horrible for me. When we talked yesterday, he said he knew that I had been drinking more and more, and wanted to say something to me, but he knew that I was going thru a bad time and just didn't.

I woke up yesterday hating how I felt, hating myself. My heart was just pounding out of my chest because I knew I had to do something.

I started the talk by saying sit down. I want to talk to you. Then I poured out my heart to him and told him I was so sorry for being a drunk. He told me I didn't have to say I was sorry. The truth being known if he had been drinking like I had, I would have left him. He stood by me and loved me during all my stupid drinking.

We are very active in our church, but I could go to a church service or bible study filled with hope and a couple hours later start drinking. I don't drink one or 2 drinks. I drink until I can't walk/talk normally.

The other night, while drunk, I posted something very ugly on a website I belong to. It was hateful to a person and that made me think that I am a very ugly person when I drink.

So that leads me to day 2 of AF. I feel great this morning. I want to feel great every morning. I want to appologize for what I said on that website, but I'm afraid that I will get bashed more for my comments.

After my talk with my husband, I just googled how to stop drinking and I found this website. I am amazed at the people who are just like me. From the threads I have read, we all could be one person. I mean, I've hid my Rum, I've rushed drinks to get a buzz fast, I have sneeked in extra drinks. I hate being around drunks, so why was I that person.

Ya'll have been amazing to chat with. I think God led me here. I will be here forever, if ya'll will have me. I don't want to drink and with your support and the support of my loving husband, I can do it.

:thanks:

Comment

I'm new to this forum

hiya april! thanks for sharing your story. I hope you find great support on this website. Youare cetainly very welcome!
                          no time like the present

Comment

I'm new to this forum

skinny cow;531969 wrote: hiya april! thanks for sharing your story. I hope you find great support on this website. Youare cetainly very welcome!
                            Thank you so much. Yes I feel very welcome here!!

Comment

I'm new to this forum

Day 2 myself AF

:welcome:Today I will stay sober, make a nice dinner and eat good food... Thanks for sharing with us
                              April... Today I will go for my run,,, what a great workout to unwind, relax and do the things I was suppose to do instead of drinking my face off...
                              Stay positive, it is not an easy task, read about the problem, research and read the posting. It does help me a great deal...
                              sigpic Brand new

Comment

Working...
                              X