Inversion table/chair anyone ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an ongoing problem sometimes with my lower back that goes into my siatic nerve...Sometimes it is all I can do to go to the washroom for more tylenol. Does anybody have any thoughts on an inversion chair or sometimes they are called an inversion table... I've googled and it sounds like something for me... I trust all your opinions more than what they have to say though... Thank-You in advance for any input atall :thanks:
    Hugs, xxx

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Yes, it sort of tractions your vertebra and may provide relief by reducing the pressure on the sciatic nerve. But you really need to know the cause of the problem and address that as well as the symptoms. If you need chiropractic correction then you should pursue that and use inversion to complement it.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thanks Greeneyes,
      I've had ongoing problems with my back ever since I had kids... Oldest is 19, youngest is 17... so it's been a long road... I had 2 c-sections which as you might guess had my stomach muscles cut... I've worked on my core with some success and am not overweight atall. I do know that I aggervate my back by some heavy lifting at work and in the barn... I do know how to properly lift using my legs... I have been to chiropractors and believe they help me alot. I haven't been doing my abdominal excercise which is key to having a strong back... That in itself is likely alot of my problem.
      So, do you have an inversion chair? Do you know of anybody that has used one?
      Thanks again for your feedback , Hugs, xxx

Comment

"We" have an inversion table. It's in the attic at work I think so neither of us use it. But then my back isn't bothering me either. The patients who have used it when it was downstairs liked it and we've even loaned it to people. However, I don't recall what their specific back issue was. Be nice if you could borrow one or something like that.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

I agree that it would be so nice to borrow one... I've advertised in the classified adds in our area and haven't had any feedback atall.... I'm considering buying one with hopes that I may return it after a month should it not be of any help.... Be very greatful you do not have back problems my friend because it seems as though every single thing I do when it's acting up hurts terribly... Take Good care and be well.
          Hugs, xxx

Comment

I guess you know that you need to get going again on those abdominal exercises. They will prevent the back trouble. Probably the inversion would provide just momentary relief, until you body has to deal with right-side-up gravity again.
            My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Yep, I'm back doing regular abdominal excercises and work a very busy job, plus I workout...
              Thanks for the feedback. My back has been really good as of late
              Hugs, xxx

Comment

I have off and on lower back pain and recently went to the chiropractor for two weeks every day. He highly recommended an inversion table. Not sure if you have a "Costco" nearby, but they carry them.

Ab exercises are invaluable as well... when abs are not worked and toned, our lower backs have to pick up the tab.
                If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Just to update,
                  I bought an inversion table and LOVE it !!!
                  I now find that I can stretch gently and my back seems to crack all on it's own and helps to relax the muscles... I'm so happy that I went ahead and bought one.... I found one at Sear (Canda) for 249.00 which is the sale price saving me 50.00... I recommend it highly to those of you with lower back problems... Thanks and be well,
                  xxx

Comment

Working...
                  X