Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord luv a duck, one more time

:new:
    Twice today, l tried to post a message but somehow it's not working.
    Some say "if at 1st U don't succeed, quit while U'r ahead'. But I'm a problem nut to crack, so here goes again.

You know you need to stop drinking when you accidently pour vodka from an identical glass that you have water in into your pet bowl. Thank god it wasn't very much but it did make my dog sick to her tummy. That was a year or so ago. She is fine thank God! The good news is I quit drinking vodka. The bad news is I still drank wine and beer.

After Christmas 2008, my doctor told me my weight was at 134lb. For my height I should weight 117lb to 122lbs. Good news is I quit drinking beer. Bad news is I still drink wine.

So I found this website only by the grace of God and here I am. Yesterday, the good news was that I managed to stay focused on MWO website and the messages up til 8pm. The bad news is from 8pm to 11pm I had 4 glasses of wine.

In retrospect, I now know that I have a drinking problem I guess it's a good thing I couldn't post earlier cuz it gave me a chance to reflect.

Question: How does one replace a bad habit with a good habit?

This morning I browsed thru MWO for a while and found myself later priming some canvases for painting. They need to dry overnite {Wish I Could} . . .

Polar, it probably isn't quite as easy as just replacing a bad habit with a good one I really wish, it was, though!

No, I really think it takes a mental adjustment - which proved to be much more difficult for me than any physical issues.
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Oh, Polar

First of all, I have to say that 134 is my dream so I am not feeling too much pity ther. Sorry! :H Quitting is hard. But you know what? This site is the replacement for booze and anxiety and stress and sadness and guilt and sorrow...well, you get it.

:welcome: to our world. We embrace you with the loving arms we have--as long as we are not using them for pouring drinks in weaker mon=ments No, seriously, this is the best place in the workd for you--and me--right now.

Newbies Nest is grat--but try not to be TOO ASHAMED that renewal won't wear a nice robe..

Comment

" Lord love a Duck ".......Polaryzed, Swapping one for the other is'nt going to work. Check out the Meds. and book on this site.......they've worked for me and many others. Your at the right place, lots of good advice here. Welcome.....IAD
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

134? Color me confused

upnorthgirl;532665 wrote: First of all, I have to say that 134 is my dream so I am not feeling too much pity ther. Sorry! :H Quitting is hard. But you know what? This site is the replacement for booze and anxiety and stress and sadness and guilt and sorrow...well, you get it.

:welcome: to our world. We embrace you with the loving arms we have--as long as we are not using them for pouring drinks in weaker mon=ments No, seriously, this is the best place in the workd for you--and me--right now.

Newbies Nest is grat--but try not to be TOO ASHAMED that renewal won't wear a nice robe..
          What is 134? Oh and you upnorthgirl is what I was going to use as a user name Koool

Comment

Polarized...

Didn't you say 134 was your current weight and your doctor said you should be less than that? 134 is my goal--far far away.
            Really? Upnorthgirl would have been your ID--how North are you? Today we had tons of snow and it is bitter cod...below zero again. HORRID!

Listen--whatever you do, stay on goal. Cold weather or not...isolation or not...we can do this.

Comment

Oh got ya abt 134

I'm not always the sharpest tool in the shed. But on a brighter note Not drinking beer has helped in more ways then one.

We were near Toronto Ontario where we hadn't had much snow for years but now we are 2 hours North and there's approx. 4 to 5 ft. of snow. It snows almost everyday and we've had numerous snow squals over the passed 4 months.

I take the high road on the snowy stuff because I don't mind snow especially scenically speaky. And shovelling is good cardio excercise. We had a saying over the passed few years that one day we would 'move Up North' but not too far cuz of the grown kids.

Comment

I'm glad your doggy is okay.

Have you have drunk posted on a forum (not this one)... I just did earlier this week. Talk about ruining one's reputation. I did!

I just want to forget I ever loved to drink. I'm on day 2AF.....:h
                RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

April Moon Question

I'm sorry but I do not get what U r asking can U clarify for me?

By the way thanks abt. my doggie. She is great and a Great companion.

I swear that pets feel their companions pain. They seem to have an innate sense of who you are and who you should be or maybe I'm crazy.

Sometimes if I were mixing a drink or pouring some wine she would look at me like she somehow knew something was wrong and she was asking with her eyes "What are you doing, why don't we go for a walk, Instead". or maybe I really feel that Guilty abt AL.

What I know for certain is I want Me Back and I will Survive somehow, someway, someday.!

Comment

Working...
                  X