Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODAT - Friday

ODATERS!!!

Did you se how big yesterday's thread was? Wowee! 18 people I think.

Welcome to Shelly, April moon & sd!

Everybody sounded grounded. Recognizing triggers, decreased desires, fighting increased desires, keeping your power, optimism. Great!

Have a good Friday and weekend. Guard your sobriety!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

ODAT - Friday

Good to see the thread being embraced.

I was bad this week, drunk twice after almost making 4 weeks AF. Tonight I am planning to head to the gym for a killer body attack session at 6.30. No temptation to drink, and when I come home I will be too ill to consider anything other than lying on the sofa. I am looking forward to and hoping that I am strong enough not to drink this weekend. Almost like drinking on Wednesday night has weakened my resolve.

Like Greeneyes says, I will be on guard to my sobreity all weekend long.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Ezzie, Wednesday is in the past. It has nothing to do with today's resolve. Every single day is an opportunity to achieve your goal.

Uni, where are you , girl? Hope you're feeling better.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

ODAT - Friday

hi everybody and all to come!

wow its six in the morning and i'm up bright eyed and bushy tailed (well as much as i can be!) not a hangover in site and looking forward to spending my day off constructivley. fantastic! i'm going to start by making me and my boyfriend a nice breakfast - i was so mean to him the other night whilst drunk i'm going to make a real effort.

hope everybody has good day, i'll pop back later x

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Ezzy baby, stop being too hard on yourself, remember progress not perfection. you are doing so well. Its always going to be ODAT.
          My boss hasd been so nice to me today, (after being Saten incarnate yesterday.) its nice for me to hear from other people I work with that my department would crumble if it wern't for the effort I put in. makes dealing with Saten almost bearable.
          Shelley & Greeney hope your day has gone well!!!
          to all ODATers's to come, hope you have a sucessfull day.
          will check in later
          *Witchy*
          Progress, not perfection!!!
          A craving wont kill me, but drinking could!!!

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi Green, Shelley and WW. I am going to be OK this weekend because I have just realised that Monday is my daughters first day back at school, and I have no intention to heading their with a hangover, trying to distance myself from everyone for fear they can smell my breath and feeling crappy and paranoid for the rest of the day.

Glad to see your boss is being nice, WW. And shelley, hope your good vibes work wonders on your boyfriend.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

hey there green eyes,shelly and witchy.

witchy; it's nice that your boss is being nice. the important word in that sentence is nice. he should look it up in the dictionary and get it tatooed too his backside, or maybe his forehead, wherever it would help him remember the meaning of the word!

shelly, it's great to experience the joys of sobriety. i am having them on and off again, but deffinityly the fog is clearing more often these days. if i can make it through today i'm on 10/2 (thats two days drunk out of ten which ain't bad if you only knew my history!). so keep it up!

ezzmae; i would say it is hard after a good run of sober days once you stumble a couple times in a row to get the motivation and energy to rev yourself up again. but remember you CAN do it and you DID do it, so take heart in your past successess

you know, it's funny, since i have been at these forums, i have noticed my spelling an grammer are TERRIBLE. i am taking topamax and read somewhere that word recall is a problem. anywone else notice this as a side effect or am i totally crazy? I read over my posts and am like 'doh! i so can not spell!' not that i think anybody really cares:H This ain't the spelling championship website of the world
              no time like the present

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi ODAT'rs

Wow what a busy thread at this early hour. :welcome: to all the newbies who have joined.

Loved your quote Greenie "every single day is an opportunity to achieve your goal" or something like that. Not taking the topa but memory not the greatest!! Had bloods done and am not even perimenopausal!! Oh well at least I am not hungover.

Have a great week-end everyone. Will catch you all later.

Rustop

Comment

ODAT - Friday

staying sober

Hi! Eezzbee great progress..one month AF I did not accomplish that yet.. Every day my goal was to stay sober that day as long as
                  I can.....if not all day.Don't be to hard on yourself. Also I find it help to be honest about it.. so did I the day before I was AF O intake....my goal in the morning was not to drink.. I put in the tracker 0... dinner come feel happy... I had a left over bottle of blush and drank it about 3 glasses.. At least I did not get drunk.... I have a tendacy to binge sometimes and this the one to control... alcool is powerful.... I take bunch of vitamines, B and luminex and ate nuts. help me from going nuts... I just can't wait for the book and the starter kit...
                  sigpic Brand new

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi Gang
                    I am not doing well, but wanted you all to know that I am alive. I really need help, but my kids won't even talk to me. They are 20 and 22. They won't pay their room and board. I can't pay my bills. Blah, blah blah. Maybe my sister will help me. I could be in my room dead and my kids wouldn't even care.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Hi All ODATer's ---- I've been up since 3:30 am .... a trip to the airport and back that was a 1 1/2 hour drive. Dropped hubby off for his 5 day trip to St. Kitt's with the guys. Just thought I'd pop in and see if anything was happening here ..... wow, the thread is active already!

Without hubby here, it will be very tempting to drink on my own ... no one but me here..... but I really don't want to (at this moment anyway). I'd be so happy to go through it AF.... so I'll be here alot in the next few days.

Sea ... I feel for you .... how awful to have your kids not respecting you. Are they in school still and that's why they're still living with you? If not, maybe it's time for some tough love.

I'll check in later .... going back to bed to finish my nights' sleep! Although I had a coffee on the way to the airport, so I doubt I'll get back to sleep anyway.

Comment

ODAT - Friday

All the best daters it gets better !!!!!!My sweet sea i wish I could help!!!!!!! know one thing there is a person in this world that loves you so much!!!!!!!! the kids are being pricks I love you sweet sea:l hang in you are the bravest like greenie

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Morning ODATERS...Having a great week! Been up since 4:30 with a clear head and hopeful spirit.
                          Ezz, Keep your chin up. You are really doing great. We all have setbacks here and there, it is getting up and dusting yourself off part that is important and you have already done that! Focus on how far you have come and all of those AF days.
                          Sea, so sorry you are having a hard time. Your kids will come around when they see you getting better.
                          Everyone else have a great day!.......Still Giddy! Hee hee:cheering

Comment

ODAT - Friday

sorry sorry sorry

Back to day one for me...I feel like crap

Comment

ODAT - Friday

Good Morning ODATimers -- lots of people here today. Sorry for those having a difficult start to the day. Today is a good day to go AF. Being AF really does help clear up the muddle in our heads and help cope. Raining cats and dogs here in Florida. Check back with you all later.
                              Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X