Can you believe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you believe...

That today is my first day (again) of being AF and my husband walked out!

Left me to feed/bath/put to bed our 2 small children, knew that I had something to attend at a friend's house but just decided that he'd had enough & walked out. (after some choice language & throwing stuff around)

WTF???

Can you believe...

walked out for good, or just gone for the day?
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Can you believe...

He did say to our eldest that he will probably see her tomorrow so I guess he's coming back. But he packed a suitcase. For effect maybe? I don't know. I hope he doesn't do anything stupid, he's pretty volatile.

In the meantime I'm just glad there is no vodka or wine in the house because I'm pretty sure I'd be drinking right now if there was.

Comment

Can you believe...

Oh Gke, that does sound like a crap thing for him to do, especially with kids involved.
        Staying sober and clear headed is the best way to approach this.
        Stick around and jump into chat if you need some support.
        hang in there:-)
        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Can you believe...

So sorry to hear your troubles . He will pro ably calm down and come home soon. It will take time for him to see that you are truly in recovery...That has to be your main focus, right now. Once you start to heal, you can work on your relationships with a clear mind.
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Can you believe...

WOW.....I'd suggest changing the locks to the house and tell him bye bye.... I hope things get better for your family.
            RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Can you believe...

dear gke. That is so hard for you!
              definitly keeping a clear head for now is the best best best thing to do, especailly with the kids involved. maybe it was just for effect. jump into the chat room if you need to talk to someone but really try not to drink cause that will make things so much worse, as i am sure we can all attest through experience!
              no time like the present

Comment

Can you believe...

The buttons of those who don't drink but live with those who do.. are pushed and pushed and pushed. sometimes we break down from all the pushing and we react, perhaps not always the way we should, but certainly the way we can at that moment in time.

Comment

Can you believe...

Whatever you do, don't drink over it. It will cloud you mind and make things worse.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Can you believe...

Same here

Hey-I am new here and pretty much the same thing happened here. My hubby was NOT in a good mood, and said he was tired of the whole thing.I am 6 months into recovery with a drug problem(I give myself praise for that one),but now the drinking ,he said is to much.I have been down a tough road,and now against this challenge.I have an 11 yr. old son,whom I homschool,so I can relate. We have to stick together and give support. Normally after his ranting, I would be having a drink as well......but I am going to try my HARDEST to stick with AF.....It will only cloud my thoughts and will feel like crap later. Feel free to msg. me .EVERYONE here has been SO wonderful,and just writing helps me calm down. :l Fallin

Comment

Can you believe...

Hiya all

thanks for your replies

he came back

but he's acting like an asshole anyway

just to clarify... he hasn't left over the drinking, we fight A LOT anyway

in fact, me drinking makes it better LOL

I don't do many things that are stupid or hurt myself or neglect the things I need to do to drink so he doesn't see it as a problem

I do though because I feel like shit & I'm snappy & hungover sometimes & I'm sick of wasting the $

Soooo....Day 2... and I really want a drink....

Comment

Can you believe...

Hey GKE,

i can so relate, had a fight with my BF tonight too.......he actually just walked in as I was typing this so not sure how this is going to go tomorrow......he saw part of this message.......probably not good.....

we can get through this all together girl......stick around.
                        Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
                        :h

Comment

Can you believe...

There were days

:goodjob:
                          Good that you came to the right place MWO. I have only been here a 4 days and the change has been a revelation for me.

Sometimes it's better when they are gone even though it hurts.

It sounds to me like You and FallinAngel have husbands who are control freaks. I mean no disrespect but from experience I feel your pain. So keep up the Good Work and stay focused on MWO. As they say One Day At A Time (ODAT) will make a major difference in your life. Talking, Sharing and Knowing you have friends here is so enlightening.

God Bless . . . :l :l

ps FallinAngel you are so strong and such an inspiration (I've read a few of your threads WOW).

Comment

Can you believe...

Oh sweety, i'm sooooo sorry this has happened. *Huge Hug* Stay strong hun, you need to keep a clear mind and you need to stay sober for your children. You're doing great!!!! Hopefully your hubby will calm down and come to his senses.

Comment

Can you believe...

GKE

Okay--if you are fighting a lot--figure out why and fix it.
                              if the fighting leads to drinking (and not the other way around) then drinking does not fix it.

Come here, talk to us. We can help. We love you lots for hag courage to speak up.:h

Comment

Working...
                              X