Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make a change

:new:

I have read with amazement how similar all these testimonials are to my own life issues. I am finally admitting to myself that I have a problem and I am ready to begin living again. Over the years, I have gone up and down, up and down with my alcohol use. Lots of binges and purges, so to speak. I had hoped I could have had the willpower to just have a glass or two but it always escalates back to full-blown abuse again. This forum has already inspired me....just knowing I am not alone out there. I am afraid to go to any public meetings...I am much more comfortable here. I am going to try to go AF from today!!

Thanks for having me.

Trying to make a change

Good luck with your journey........I also am going AF from today! Best wishes
    "You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down." Mary Pickford:h

Comment

Trying to make a change

Again, welcome you two... so glad you are taking steps to regain control of your lives

All the best!
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Trying to make a change

Welcome to our home!

You can do this and we are here to help--any time, any day.

Comment

Trying to make a change

Good luck Hope! Day 1 is a great day... you'll feel good... make sure you come back tomorrow too!

Comment

Trying to make a change

Hope, I'm on day 5 AF. I am like you....up and down on my AL consumption. These people on this website are wonderful. Come here often, as I do now, and get hope.

Also in the post there is so many simular things to me, that I just laugh. I thought I was the only person who did these things....example hiding booze, rushing drinks to get high fast, feeling bad about myself the next day.

You are not alone in this......WE can do this!!
            RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Trying to make a change

Welcome and Good Luck.

Comment

Trying to make a change

Day 2 AF

What a great day I had today. Thank you everyone for your wonderful welcome. I started off the day getting up early, without a hangover. I took my son to church, and then went on to the gym. I had so much energy. I must admit that I went to bed super early on a Saturday night just to avoid temptation (my husband was drinking). But it was just so refreshing to have energy. So Day Two AF!!!!

Comment

Trying to make a change

:goodjob:Hope, good for you! :welcome:
                  Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Trying to make a change

good luck hope you can do it .. just do your best ..stay strong and think positive
                    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Trying to make a change

I made it!

Well, thanks everyone first of all for all the wonderful comments and words of encouragement. After not touching alcohol for the week, I knew driving home on a Friday night would be the hardest challenge, knowing especially that my husband would have brought home wine. I told him this morning though not to buy any for me. He didn't, thank God! I was truly tempted to pour a glass, feeling so energized and in control again! This as you all probably know is such a downfall. Anyway, in my head, I just kept thinking of MWO, and all the blog comments....it truly saved me. So here I am sober, ready to hit the sack and wake up fresh on a Saturday morning for a change, ready to look after my son.

:thanks:

Comment

Trying to make a change

Good for you, Hope! Have you read the MWO book? Got a long-term plan, yet? You are off to a good start, and you'll want to start thinking about your goals, and how best to assure that you will reach them!

Comment

Trying to make a change

Gia, have you been af for long now?

Comment

Trying to make a change

nc name HOPE, there is hope for all of us,doing it by ones self,i dont beleive works,knowing that theres many struggling out here is not nice, but helps,to no your not alone,this is a very good site,i have also suggested to most, there are many options,here MWO,AA meetings, AA online,if meetings scare you,theres also a modders forum if you so wish,and even another the sinclair method,i wish you well gyco

Comment

Working...
                            X