Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in

Hello Everyone-

Here is my story: I stopped drinking six years ago because I was losing control way too often. I fought with my husband a lot and I always took the blame because I was drunk. I just decided to quit and did it on my own. About ten months ago, I started again. I was having anxiety/panic attacks and I think I started drinking as a way to self-medicate. I didn't know what was going on-I thought I had a brain tumor or something. The alcohol calmed me down and helped me sleep. I finally went to the doctor and got medication to help with the anxiety but I forgot to quit drinking. After a recent vacation where I made a total ass of myself, I realize it's time to do something about my drinking.
    I am waiting to get my book but have been reading posts for about a week. I have also started taking l-glutamine and kudzu. I have noticed a huge reduction in my drinking since starting. I'm not sure if it's the supplements or if I'm just ready to get a grip. I am starting 30 days of abstinence today. During that time I will evaluate my situation and decide if I need to stop permanently or if moderation is possible.
    Thanks for listening and I look forward to your support.
    Jackie

I'm in

I'm new to this site also. I find it extremely helpful in keeping me focused. Congrats on your decision to stop drinking for a month. I log on a couple of times a day... lots of great insight. Good luck!

Julie

Comment

I'm in

Welcome!

Julie,

Welcome! I love the way you put that - you "forgot" to quit drinking. You must have a great sense of humor. I can SO relate to fighting with my boyfriend because of drinking (he has since dumped me because he wanted to continue drinking but that's another story). We can all relate to making asses of ourselves so you've come to the right place.

I'm on day 5 and all is well so far. Good luck!!

Marcia

Comment

I'm in

Jackie -
        I can totally relate - I have made an ass of myself on numerous occasions due to drinking. The best example (and most mortifying) is the time that I thought taking Zyban would help me quit smoking - and even though the label said NOT TO DRINK - I ignored that and went right on partying. I ended up wasted and kicking a hole through my then boyfriend's (now husband - lucky that he stayed around) windshield. It was great - it ended up with him sending me home on a plane from his family's hometown with them all knowing - and me hysterical and drunk at the airport where people were coming up to me asking me if I was alright. Sure I was - I was WASTED! And I probably stunk of alcohol - so the people that would ask me if I was OK quickly went the other way... That was definitly the most humiliating part of my drinking! God - it is really crazy to be so honest - I've never 'fessed up to that story.

Anyways, I am SO thankful to have others like you all to talk to. . . it really helps in the long battle. Welcome Jackie and thanks to all of you for your support.

onemore
        OneMore:h

Comment

I'm in

Hello everyone. I have just registered. Got the supplements, book and CDs but forgot where I hid the book and CDs... Made appointment with my doctor next Monday. Feeling quite desperate today as just been dumped again by boyfriend who realised he is still in love with his ex wife!! I have been on the other side with my ex husband and it is no fun.

hope to hear

B

Comment

I'm in

Onemore-

If I told you all my stories, you wouldn't believe that I haven't killed myself or someone else. All you can do is try to forgive yourself, pick up the pieces, and move forward. Too bad it's not as easy as it sounds....

Jackie

Comment

I'm in

question about ordering

So, what company name shows up on your credit card statement when you order stuff from this site?

Comment

I'm in

Capalo Research & Health Sciences

Unregistered wrote: So, what company name shows up on your credit card statement when you order stuff from this site?
                I believe that's who ships the items. That's what the return address is when you recieve them so no one knows that you're doing anything different other than going on a new health kick - which you are!

Hugs,
                Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                "

Comment

I'm in

thanks

Thanks, Trish!

Comment

I'm in

thanks

Thanks Jackie!! You are right - better to move on than dwell.
                    one more
                    OneMore:h

Comment

Working...
                    X