SuperBowl Sunday (In the US) AF???!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, it's the big game day here in the US! So what are ya'll planning on doing for your party?

My husband I are just gonna watch the game together....no party here. I'll miss the Rum a little......but not gonna go back now!!! I'm gonna pig out and drink my wonderful Sweet Tea!
    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

My husband's out of town...so it's just my little girl and me. We're going to make pizza from scratch. To keep things festive, I bought some Fruit A-Peel -- a grape sparkling beverage (sweetened w/grapes and apples). Looking forward to a fun, relaxing, AF day!
    ~K.

Comment

Oh before anyone asks why I put this in the Just Starting Out forum.....look at my signature. I think this will be the first AF Super Bowl for me ever!!!!

Comment

Hey April Moon!

Hey April Moon! I got on line just to check in with you. Glad to see you made it through the weekend! So did I (well, so far at least)

My husband will be drinking, and is greatly looking forward to it. I haven't let him know I'm not drinking yet. But, since I'll probably be buying the beer when I go to the grocery today I'm going to work REALLY REALLY hard to stay off the wine isle. Maybe I'll pay some kid to go grab the beer for me so I don't have to go down there. Ha! Could you imagine, sending a kid to go get beer?! Just kidding (It's on the top shelf, anyway. It wouldn't work) HA! I'm really just kidding!

I'm going to make some new appetizer to eat. It gives me something to do, AND something to put in my hands and mouth. I was able to not drink Friday and Saturday because I had to work on a project with a deadline and my team-mates were waiting on me to finish. I finished at midnight last night, so now I'm wide open for the Super Bowl, with nothing important to do and it's day 5. Ruh-roh! So, I wanted to check in.

It helps me feel better about not drinking to check in here. Whereas, before I would just feel frustrated and know I was going to give up. I don't feel like that today. Thanks for being here, everyone.

I'm going to go make my grocery list....wish me luck!
        I'll check in later, if I can.
        Good luck, April Moon! I hope to get to check in with you tomorrow.:goodluck:
        SF
        "If it is to be, it is up to me" -R Stayer
        "You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." -Christopher Robin

Comment

Happy Sober Super Bowl---sounds odd doesn't it?!?!?
          I decided to go to my parents with my son and make them some Jambalya..I've told my mom of what I'm doing...moderation...no more than 2 beers and in six days have only drank 2 once?!?!?!? Seriously crazy!! I'm usually 8-12 a day easy! Sick I know But...I will go over to her house with the PLAN to only allow myself the 2 if I choose...that's it no more...and I sip them...love those hypno cds .....so have a great Super Bowl and GO CARDS!!!!
          "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
          7/29/12

Comment

and she SCORES!!!!

Hey, even we non-sports folk will do some scoring today--every drink free day is a touchdown in Sober Land!

I know what you mean about cooking; I have been doing a lot more than usual. Today I cooked a ton of chicken and chopped mounds of veggies and made chicken stir fry from scratch, and used the same stuff for a batch of soup. Geez, no wonder I am gaining weight!

Comment

I just took a long nap....ready to make some football food and watch the game!

Comment

AF SuperBowl!!! It's the food that matters...LOL!!
                :l
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

April, I love your signature line!

Sounds like everyone is making good solid plans!

I'm not a football fan and it's not part of my agenda, so I get to miss this occasion as a potential trigger... I hope everyone has fun, and sticks to their plans! Keep reminding yourselves: waking up sober and NOT hungover, NOT worrying about what we did last night, is SO nice!

Comment

Yay, I like the food part. Hubby off to watch with friends and family and a 72" TV. Told him not to come home thinking he can have one. I am alone but no AL in the house and I am keeping busy.

Comment

Go Steelers :wave: :yougo: :yougo:
                      Starting over again
                      ray:

Comment

Working...
                      X