• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Introductions

Gabby :flower:

Mini Introductions

Peggy

I've been abs now since June 17 - 45 days. I'm using Campral, supps, cd's and exercise. I've had to cut the Campral some, but doing OK. I lvoe the cd's.
    I've got a daughter off to college in a month, and a son who goes to boarding school, so he will go back this month too. I am training for a marathon, so that takes care of the exercise for sure!
    Peggy

Comment

Mini Introductions

I'm new here. Going to abs for August. Using supplements, exercise, hypnosis, acupuncture, reading books and reading and posting here. I'm nervous and excited! I'm pretty much a beer and wine person.

I'm 42, I live in Denver, complicated love life but it's sorting itself out, one dog, no kids. I exercise regularly (running, yoga, aerobics + weights workout tapes).
      Diane M.

Comment

Mini Introductions

Hello,
        Wayne, 30 from The Lake District...England.
        Married with 5 children..(2 girls 3 boys)
        Not drank since June 2nd..59 Days.
        Love Football & Fishing, hence Mackeral Man.
        I did 12 days in detox at Lancaster Hospital (Librium) then was going it alone untill i found Absville.
        Absville makes my life 100 times easier...The best neighbours ever.
        LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
        IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Mini Introductions

Hello-

I am new to this forum and am starting 30 days (at least) of abstinence. This is day one for me-so far so good.
          I am 36, live in Washington State and enjoy many outdoor activities. I also posted a bit about myself under "Tell Your Story".
          I look forward to sharing with all of you.

Jackie

Comment

Mini Introductions

Mini Introductions

Hi Friends,

I am 45 years old, live in California. I am married (24 years next month) with three teenage daughters. I am doing mods and am on day 25, doing supps, CD's, exercise, no topa. I am doing well without it so far. I like to walk...I find it helps clear my head. I love MWO!

Hugs,

Deanie

Comment

Mini Introductions

introductions

I'm Gina....from Orange County, CA. I'll be 39 next month, married and have 3 boys...12,11 and 5. I discovered MWO early December 2005. Did abs for the most part, with a few falls along the way and one attempt at moderation. On day 4 of abs AGAIN. This time it didn't take anything major to make me choose this path....just feel in my heart that it is time![/FONT]

Comment

Mini Introductions

introductions

I'm Gina....from Orange County, CA. I'll be 39 next month, married and have 3 boys...12,11 and 5. I discovered MWO early December 2005. Did abs for the most part, with a few falls along the way and one attempt at moderation. On day 4 of abs AGAIN. This time it didn't take anything major to make me choose this path....just feel in my heart that it is time!

Comment

Mini Introductions

Hi I'm Bambino, or Bubba ( re: suggestions for Mackeral dishes - See Wayne) . I'm 35, live in Cheshire UK. Married for 2 years on Sept 10th. Hoping to have children - awaiting ICSI (IVF) treatment in very near future. Am on day 14 of programme - helped by Librium initially, now on supps and using CD's and book. Had a drink at the w.end with friends and slipped up last thursday too .. Like to chat a lot - hence number of posts !!!. Have T/B horse, and 2 Jack Russells.
                  This is the shortest message i have posted !!
                  love to you all - been my lifeline. :h
                  Bambubba
                  xxx
                  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bambs aka Hydrogen

:h XXX :h

Comment

Mini Introductions

I'm from Philadelphia, 39 and married 2.5 years. Left my marketing job (a really good one too!) in June 2005 because it was making me insane. I felt if I was going to work 65-70 hours a week I would do something I liked in a place I was appreciated. Took the year off to work on our home (we just built it so there ws painting, decorating and all that) and then I moved to the landscaping. All done now and ready to re-enter the world. Looking for a new career though. What I learned on my time off was I didn't like what I was doing....and that I could drink a lot of wine if left to my devices.

Joined here in March and did OK with moderation etc. Had some rocky patches and left. I really left - I unregistered and everything. But after an "awakening" I am back and doing abs for at least 40 days. I am now on Day 8. I feel a peace about it this time that I never had before. I'd like to say somewhere down the road I could moderate, but I don't know if that's true. SO, I am taking it day by day and that is OK. And its the first time its been "ok" feeling that way.

Looking forward to an abs August with all of you!
                    (sorry for the novel)

Comment

Mini Introductions

Introduction

I'm Julie, 41, two kids (12 and 8) and a husband from Wisconsin. Wine is my drink of choice, and I was at a bottle a night. Life revolved around where and when I could uncork that bottle in the evenings. I registered about a week ago and have visited this site many times since. I have been on the road to abstinence or moderation for a couple of years. Finally got sick of life revolving around drinking. Two sober days since I joined! It's a great feeling waking up without guilt. I bought and read the MWO book, been taking multiple supplements, ordered All-in One and tapes. Can't wait to start the program fully. Gonna pass on Topa for now, although I am going to go the the local health store for Kudzo. Great inspiration and advice from all on this site. I was lucky to happen upon this place.

Thanks to all!

Julie

Comment

Mini Introductions

I'm Barb. On September 12, I'll be 50. I have two sons, 15 and 25 and I am married to my soulmate. I also have two grandchildren .

I am very into losing weight, having successfully taken off 50 lbs ten years ago through Weight Watchers (I also work for them). I've put 20 of it back on, and I blame booze. I used to be a beer only person, but about 7 or 8 years ago, after a kids birthday party, my FIL got me to start drinking scotch with soda. Scotch was usually what I drank when "beer just wouldn't be cool" at a business or social event, but something about mixing it with soda made all the difference.

My main focus was to quit drinking for weight until my friend lost her hubby to liver disease. She spent a year taking care of him and resented it. This is something that did not need to happen. Art was a vodka drinker. It got me to thinking that I don't want my life to end with the people I love having to take care of me for something that I can put a stop to myself. When my 15 yr old made a comment to me in the middle of a fight that I was a drunk, I knew that I was not hiding it as well as I suspected.

Yesterday was day 1 - my plan is abs for the month of August.
                        Barb

Comment

Mini Introductions

Joining in For August

Hi,

I'm Diane. I live in Central New York (State that is)... the Finger Lakes region --- AKA WINE country. Hence, my problem. I've set myself a goal of of abstinence for August. Thought that posting here would help keep me honest. Wish I could say I'm starting out without a hangover but oh well. Aa Scarlett said "tomorrow is another day."

Comment

Mini Introductions

mini intro

I'm Deirdre. I'm a creative. I write music and deejay. I'm 43, live in Brooklyn. NY with my 2 cats. I drank liquor every night for about the past 20 years. Started with scotch, then cognac, and vodka, and wine sometimes. I've tried to drink only wine at times, but if I drank the way I really wanted to, it was straight liquor on ice on an empty stomach. Bam!!

I've been with MWO, and AF since April 9 2006, so I'm going on four months. I use many supplements in addition to MWO's, as well as hypno cd's, exercize, sauna, drink a lot of water everyday, and stick to a healthy diet. I also like to write about my journey, and stay in tune with the process of living this new life. And being here on the boards has been a great support in the fellowshp it provides.

I believe this is the best thing that has ever happened to me, or rather the best thing I have ever done for myself!

Deirdre

Comment

Mini Introductions

vinophile in unregistered lala land

Hi Abstainers (is this print small or am I going blind),
                              My username was vinophile but for some reason I have been unable to re-register and system doesn't recognize my e-mail.I have been reading all the goings-on in absville and am anxious to come back. So I'm back but unregistered for now but will deal with that problem as well as the problem of this miniscule print later......I joined MYO in May and did abs for the month with two minor slips. June and July were mods for me but I felt I slipped away little by little and need the support and structure of abs. You are all a great group with such inspiring thoughts.

I live in Boston and have three teenage sons. The oldest will leave for college in 3 weeks( upstate NY fingerlakes and it is indeed winecountry). This summer has not been relaxing as they are in and out at all times. I do find I must remain sober to make sure that they are as well. How can you tell if someone's drunk of you've been drinking as well????
                              I have read the book, listen to the cd's(at first I thought they were weird but now I love them), take the supps including the allone of which I have become quite fond. I have always been an exerciser so that is not a change in my life. I do not take topomax but will not hesitate to ask for it if I believe it will help..
                              My problem, as my original name suggests, is my fondness for large quantites of wine.During my month of abs in May I really made some headway in my knee-jerk reaction to my wine drinking. I'm looking foward to doing this again with you all in Aug.
                              Janet(aka Vinophile or some name like it)

Comment

Working...
                              X